LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

Very cool projector, the silver areas around the IO ports could be black to match the rest of the design of the projector, as well as the silver grill around the LED lamp. That would add a lot to the visual quality of it. Would be great for college due to not a lot of room in a dorm for a standard projector, and a TV would just feel a little too obtrusive for one that can achieve the same size of screen that this device can achieve. It would also be nice to see sound pass through not using the HDMI port, in case the device sourcing the video does not support sound through HDMI. The ability to mount it to a ceiling or a wall would also be nice, instead of it always having to sit on the floor or a desk, I am sure there are solutions to that though. Other than those flaws, which are not major flaws, it looks like a fantastic device. Would also be convenient for bring along to a LAN for some console games or/and a couple of tournaments with friends during a LAN. Also would be good for business meetings outside of the office where you would need a screen.

I think a projector like this would be incredible for small, and complex apartments like mine. No screws needed to get the right angle to actually have a nice looking display!   

What if, your legs. Didn't Know. They were legs????

On July 9, 2016 at 9:48 PM, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hello and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

Gosh I was going to reprint my gaming room but this would be perfect!

This can be Great for a Lan party with a multiplayer game with your friends!

Additionally to its more obvious qualities. . I actually love the power button xD

Cool product.

I think its a wonderful device that could be used in the most creative of ways.

Looks super professional. The portability is what really does it for me though. It'd be great to watch movies or play games with my pals on a big projector screen like that which is completely mobile. Nice to see they're still making em, and making em well.

It looks like a well thought out and complete product.  Im very curious as to what market LG was targeting.  It definitely has multiple uses, but I'm interested in what LG's thoughts were.

The  PF1000U at only 4" from the wall and 60" screen display :o 
This would be absolutely perfect for my empty white wall in my house. 
I'll be the king at LAN parties everywhere ;) 

Maybe i could even have a movie night, this thing is perfect :):) 

So my initial reaction to seeing your new video was like "Oh sweet. Linus is gonna setup a gaming desktop in a back pack. This should be sweet." Then he pulled the LG PF100U projector and Razor Blade (2016) out and I was like "so you're just hooking up this projector to a laptop... This is much less interesting than I thought."

But then I saw the image of the projector and the size and how close it was to the wall. I was blown away.

To give you some insight, my father is a stereo and video enthusiast who has spent YEARS (literally for as long as I can remember) trying to make our living room into a home theater. My family has owned several different projectors all of various resolutions and sizes and I've personally had the unfortunate experiences of sitting for lengthy amounts of time readjusting lenses and trying to get the image and focus just right when ever we might clean the lens or (God help them) someone moves the projector on it's shelf.

The image looked VERY sharp, very crisp and I'd love to know what the frame rate on it is because it looked like the smoothest transitions I've ever seen on a fairly low priced (Yeah, that MSRP is fair) for a projector of that size AND is short throw.

Most short throws I've ever seen were typically a little wider than that one and were still usually your basic projection forward style (not like this one with it's image being put on a mirror and then to the wall).

My first thought after realizing how AWESOME this projector ACTUALLY is was "Holy crap. I want to mount that on my ceiling. That'd be so awesome."

LG has always been a go to company for me and my tech. My last three phones have been the G2, G3 and hopefully (Yes, Linus. I watched your video and I still don't care.) G5.

I realized after watching Project Back Pack what you were trying to show case WASN'T the computer part of this piece but rather the DISPLAY and I gotta say... Seeing how BIG that image was, at how far it was from the wall and having Linus silhouetted in the foreground really left a lasting impression on me.

I'll definetly be showing this to my father (who still hopes to find that perfect projector for his Magnum Opus) and I'm sure he'll get a real kick out of this.

Keep up the great work you guys. You rock.

This is an amazing piece of technology that is easily portable and can be taken to any event to watch movies or play games with friends! I'd be super stoked to have one!

Playing Super Smash Bros on this would be very fun if the input lag is Ok. This would also make movie night 1000% better!

On 09/07/2016 at 10:48 PM, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

To enter the giveaway:

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

The design is beautiful and as being small and compact means more gaming on the go without dragging a huge old projector 

This projector looks neat and my fiancé would love it! He's so hard to buy things for this would give me a good head start for his birthday! 

really like the 30k life lamp and the short throw, hdmi and usb out puts nice

Will there by any chance be a review of the PF1000U projector? I would like to learn more about it. 

I think that the pf1000u is an amazing projector for the price 

Besides the most show off home theater ever on my garage door. I think it would be an amazing emulator screen. It would certainly be an upgrade from my 24 inch monitor. That would be so amazing. I think I'd cry if I saw a screen that big it would be so beautiful 

If given a chance to win, this will be a a huge benefit for our community. Seeimg as this would be an huge upgrade to how we do our community presentation now ( we use large sheets of paper and a marker). LG and YOU guys would be helping not just a single person...

I'm a gamer from the Philippines. I've always wanted to have a high quality projector because my house is gaming boothcamp, my friends always visit my place to play game. I have PS4 and PC, our TV is 36” only and its not even fullHD and i think this would be perfect for my PS4 so we can have that big screen and a full HD projector than can go up to 200” that would be so much better while we play games like NBA2k16. LG PF1000U is so portable and versatile we can bring this anywhere we go ang play games whatch movie in FullHD. I wish i had this when me and my friend when to go vacation last summer.  But now I'm hoping to win this so we can have better gaming experience even while we travel. And for our house to be a ultimate gaming booth camp for me and my friend. Im sure they would also love this. #LGPF1000U #moreFuninThePhilippines

I can bring one of these so I don't have to talk to people at parties? Great, not I just need a projector... and an invite to a party. ;)

Kinda cool but i dont know if its practical to use as a HT set up

Would make the wife happy...quick setup & teardown of a gaming rig for those wives who think a gaming rig is nothing more than an eyesore.  Plus would allow for that anywhere in the house that has white walls, which also means I can hide from the kids while gaming!

The projector looks amazing and would work well in a small space. Does anyone know if LG is making a ceiling mount for it?

On 7/9/2016 at 7:48 PM, CPotter said:

PF1000U

To enter the giveaway:

Wow this projector is tiny and it's resolution is decent so it will be perfect for my near future kavari Mimi itx build that will fit in my backpack so I wouldn't have to lug around a monitor bit the price ?