LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

Perfect for my new gaming room 

my old projector broke and this would be a sick new replacement XP

lovin ltt

I'd use this projector to beat my friends in Rocket League on a bigger scale.

On July 9, 2016 at 9:48 PM, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hello and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

Nice to see such a small projecter. Great for people who are in a tight space, can afford to buy full size ceiling projecter, or look for something cool. Great idea LG.

Linus, your channel is so addicting. I have fallen even deeper in love with computers.

On 7/9/2016 at 10:48 PM, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

To enter the giveaway:

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Probably the coolest Projector and AD i have ever seen. It would be so cool to have a wall in my home covered by this thing. If I had much more money I would buy that thing like now. 

CPUFX 8320, Motherboard ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Socket AM3+ AMD, RAM g.skill ripjaws x series (2x8gb), GPUstrix gtx 970, Storage 500gb + 500gb + 250 ssd, PSU EVGA 600w B 80 PLUS BRONZE, Display(s) ASUS VG248QE 24"+ Hisense 24" + Vizio 24", Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, PC Part Picker  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LFxQ23

I have long wanted to put a home theater/gaming set up in my basement, but have never found anything practical to get it set up.  Even just trying to decide what projector to buy seemed like a massive task.  I have long loved LG products and never really knew they made projectors... with this product though it may have hit the sweet spot.  It really is a very practical, mobile, high quality looking setup.  Judging by what I see in your video, with a proper projector screen this thing could really shine and make an amazing large TV... I need one... bad.

On 7/9/2016 at 10:48 PM, CPotter said:

PF1000U

To enter the giveaway:

I think it's a greatly engineered device and would be amazing to use especially since you can keep it closer that other projectors and get a huge great quality image

Looks like it could be a real viable substitute for a monitor, and ideal for couch co-op. Great! 

If a projector can project my project it is it still a projector

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Chassis/Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Deluxe RAM:  Team Vulcan 2x4Gb(2133Mhz)  Video Card: Asus 7970 Direct CU II Custom Rom (150% Power, 1100 core 6Ghz Memory)  Power Supply: Fractal Integra R2 750 Watt  Keyboard: Cooler Master Quick Fire Rapid (MX Blue Switches)  MouseCorsair M90 Storage: SX900 128Gb, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM, WD Green 1TB 7200RPM   MY OLD BUILDLOG

The Fastest 8350 @5.33Ghz with a score of 9.16pts in Cinebench 11.5

I had problems with my proyector that i have right now, in the classroom i have to put it a bit far back into the center of the classroom in order for it to fill the Whiteboard in order to do a proper presentation, so this kind of Ultra Short Throw Projector would indeed Help, not only with not having to carry an extention cord, but to be able to place the Projector closer to the whiteboard, and not have cables go around other classmates and being exposed for clumsy people to trip over them, also allows for all viewers to be behind the proyection easier, as the regular kind of proyector takes a longer distance to cover larger areas like a dry eraser whiteboard, this would be a great tool for presentations, more now that im just half way into my *Aeronautical career, and it will be important to be able to show and explain important information in a better more professional way.

PF1000U projector just a projector to me, what surprise me is that it can put so close to the wall, but still project the image nearly no distortion (as my observation through the Youtube video). Impressive!

Could be an option to my small 32m2 flat :) would be amazing to win. Hello from Hungary

"Ooo, @linustech is giving away a  @LGUS  short-throw projector. COUNT ME IN!" Direct copy and paste from my twitter. Needed some fun

All jokes aside, This would be a good project for me, as we always complain about not having a projector to display family movies and pictures, and for my own personal gaming use ;)

Edit: Just realized, IT SUPPORTS LG SMART TV's SYSTEM!!!!!!

HOW DID I NOT REALIZE THIS!?

that beauty si perfect for a drive-in style night with my wife like in the old times 

I think the LG PF 1000U is the perfect room/theater gaming/movie component and would be a pretty cool family electronic for kids and maybe those teens of yours or just a family device. But maybe you want to use it for just you and play video games and i think that would work as well. That is my opinion on the LG PF 1000U. 

I think that this could truly change how we game 

I think the PF1000U is pretty awesome. I could definitely see myself hosting gigantic gaming parties or movie parties at my house, the park, and more. Everyone close to me could have their eyes treated to a gigantic, colorful display. The future is definitely now, we've come so far in display technology.

Thanks LTT!

Building my first build.

BUILD:

FX-8320, 8GB DDR3-1600 Corsair, GTX 770 or R9 290 (still undecided), Cooler Master TC-102 case.

Amazing. Nice form factor. Would love to have one.

This projector looks awesome.  The short distance requirement for such a large screen displayed is amazing. Would definitely love one of these for the media room.