LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

1. My thoughts are that this looks seriously cool. Fits into a bag, nice design and the throw from such a short distance is great!

2. Followed, twitter is @Lucas7_7_7

12 hours ago, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions.

I think that the projector looks pretty cool, and it would be interesting to see up close the visual quality that it can output. Ive never owned a projector, and I think this would be pretty cool to put in my home theater or gameroom to replace one of my dead flatscreens.

I've seen a short throw projector before in a really compact home cinema set up - which was neat, but never considered it for a gaming set up. This looks really interesting and a concept I would not have thought about. For the performance you get in that size, it looks amazing. 

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

I've been looking for something like this for years. I've always wanted to have a home theatre setup with a high definition projector, but I could never find one that looked like it was worth the price tag. The fact that it not only has its own speaker, but can be connected to an external sound source is astounding when comparng this to other projector options. Also really space saving if you can have a 60" image with the unit four inches from the screen/wall. When you think of how much a 150 inch tv would cost, this is a pretty good deal.

I had never seen that mirror thing and thats why it looks like an interesting device

With the price of this PF1000U product, I think it is a big much. It is $1399.99 USD, which is a little bit more then the Icarus 270 - Centurion (go to the link for more information) with its pricing only at $1875 NZD -> $1369.90 USD. The Icarus is a 270° screen that goes around you and used a projector, and is a little bit cheaper then the PF1000U. But for it's portability of the PF1000U, that also will affect the price. With both of them being projectors and small, I would say the final pricing of the PF1000U is right, it's portable, unlike the Icarus, but costs a tad bit more. 

Specs:

Bad & Old

This thing is awesome would absolutely love to get one 

Interesting concept, would love to see it's contrast numbers. if it can do everything it's marketing material says as well as it says, that'll be incredible 

Insane piece of art, technology and awesomeness 

i have an LG curved monitor ( saw the review on Linus channel  =) )  I absolutely love it. 

Hope i get the chance to try the PF1000u as well!

this thing looks great and it woud be a awesome product to play games on the wall in the summer with some friends :o looks like it is small and easy to use i like it :D

I've been looking for some way to save space in my loft, this projector is perfect since you don't have to move it too far back, so I can just plop it down and not spend hours trying to find the perfect spot.

If it as cool irl, I'd like to try one!

I immediately thought of a scene from one of my favorite movies, Cinema Paradiso, when their theater had to be closed they pointed the projector outside on a building so the public could still watch the movie.  This mobile projector could give rise to "flash gaming" or other random events.  Very cool and can't wait to see somewhere on an unexpected night!

Nuovo-Cinema-Paradiso-31.jpg

I like it it is amazing. For that size the image that can make is mind blowing

Nice to have, many posibilities... Willbe awesome to my """GAMING"""[/gamingirony] rig... Kappa

Woah what an epic projector. A buddy and I are opening a PC gaming cafe shortly, this would really be the cherry on top. Im confident we would be putting it to good use. Fingers crossed

Oh man. I need this in my life. 

I have 12+ people at my house every weekend for Game of Thrones and my living room is over flowing with people. Life would be SO much easier if I could just throw the image on a blank wall(of which I have many).  

i want this it would be so cool in my office for some multiplayer gaming

CPU 5820K @ 4.5Ghz 1.295V,Motherboard Asus X99-S, RAM 16Gb TeamGroup Elite GPU Msi Gtx 780, Case Fractal Design Define R5 , Storage Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 , Samsung 840evo 250Gb, Wd Green 1TB, PSU EVGA 850w G2 ,Cooling Fully Custom Water Cooling Loop Sound Stealseries Wireless H

Perfect for my basement, lots of walls but a bulk head shortening the distance to the wall.

Very cool looking projector, just a shame that it's only 1080p. A 4k variant would be much better but even more cost prohibitive I imagine.