Help going crazy on case decision

Go to solution Solved by LifesCompanion,

For a nice minimalistic case which is budget friendly but has a really high build quality, go for anything by Nanoxia. They have 2 cases out at the moment (Deep Silence 1 and Deep Silence 2) and I'm pretty sure they have 3 or 4 more coming soon. 

Both DS1 and DS2 are roughly $100 so it'll leave with you some money to get sleeved cables. 

EDIT: Only the DS1 has a side window. 

So recently go the okay from the wife to upgrade my pc case. I cant decide on what case i should be get. I have about a $200 budget but if i get something cheaper i cant get the individually sleeved cable extensions mainly cause I'm too lazy and scared to make my own and they are about $30. That being said i lake a clean look and will be using a corsair h100i so it need to support that i have a blue themed build must have window to show the "bling". My personal thoughts are the corsai AIR540,, Vengeance c70, 750D or the Fractal define R4 white with window. the pc resides in the living room. would like quite and good dust prevention.      Thanks

When all else fails go Cit.

I would get the Air540 as its the easiest to cable route with, also that side window is a beauty, below theat is the 750d but that nearly as big as me so i dont think i could lift it with everything inside.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I love my R4.

My Gaming Rig;  Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Hero | CPU - Intel i5 4670k @4.5Ghz 1.25v | GPU - GIGABYTE GTX 980 @Stock | RAM -  16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866Mhz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i | Storage #1 - Samsung 840 Basic 250GB SSD | Storage #2 - Sandisk II 480GB SSD | Storage #3 - 2TB 7200rpm 64mb HDDPSU - Corsair HX750 | Case - Fractal Design R4 |

Go for an R4, you can't really go wrong with it.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Does it need to be able to support anything bigger then ATX motherboards? If so you can go very small with the Cooler Master XB (This is actually the only product I recommend from them...) :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhjoYbVX1XU (Linus video of it :) )

It supports the H100i (awesome cooler btw :D Really astonishing cooling performance on that radiator :) ) and it is small enough to not drive your wife mad :)

It also comes in a edition with a window on top to get a good look at all the bling :D

EDIT: I know this case was not mentioned by you but it fits better in a livingroom...

Edited by Titanicium

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

I look at the haf XB and when my wife saw it she heck no lmao. but thx definitely okay with other suggestions those are the ones i have seen. but from what i can tell so far its R4 , then 540 then 750D. 

The C70 has lots of filters and it is a very solid case as it is mostly constructed out of steel and cable management is very easy for a non-modular psu like for the Corsair TX650 V2.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

The R4 isn't a godly silent machine. Any machine can be quiet when paired with the right set of fans. The foam did next nothing for me to be a quiet rig. It's only when I undervolted my fans that it got quiet. And these fans consisted of the stock fans, a 140mm Noctua, a single Enermax Magma, some random 140mm Lian Li fan I had laying around and twin 140mm Phanteks fans as front intake. :T

Go get whichever Corsair case you think looks nicest.

for the budget you said i could see the r4 being a good choice. but i just love corsair cases

For a nice minimalistic case which is budget friendly but has a really high build quality, go for anything by Nanoxia. They have 2 cases out at the moment (Deep Silence 1 and Deep Silence 2) and I'm pretty sure they have 3 or 4 more coming soon. 

Both DS1 and DS2 are roughly $100 so it'll leave with you some money to get sleeved cables. 

EDIT: Only the DS1 has a side window. 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

So recently go the okay from the wife to upgrade my pc case. I cant decide on what case i should be get. I have about a $200 budget but if i get something cheaper i cant get the individually sleeved cable extensions mainly cause I'm too lazy and scared to make my own and they are about $30. That being said i lake a clean look and will be using a corsair h100i so it need to support that i have a blue themed build must have window to show the "bling". My personal thoughts are the corsai AIR540,, Vengeance c70, 750D or the Fractal define R4 white with window. the pc resides in the living room. would like quite and good dust prevention.      Thanks

My opinion is the 750D. Even if your not panning on doing a custom loop. Still looks great!

okay so im pretty sure im going to get the nanoxia its affordable but not cheap, beautiful and versatile. B)  hell yeah