Question on sli without bridge

ZeusXI
On 4 July 2016 at 7:38 AM, Dabombinable said:

But having a bridge does help though-although I still haven't been able to test the extent of that though-haven't had access to an SLI or crossfire based rig for more than a fortnight (still thinking of going with a second GTX 970-the only games that I'd need more power in are the ones that support SLI).

You certainly hear many reports of micro stuttering with crossfire, while it seems to have been completely eliminated in sli for quite a few years. I would be surprised if this isn't because of the bridge. It is a much lower latency connection than the PCIe, even if it is lower bandwidth.

32 minutes ago, othertomperson said:

You certainly hear many reports of micro stuttering with crossfire, while it seems to have been completely eliminated in sli for quite a few years. I would be surprised if this isn't because of the bridge. It is a much lower latency connection than the PCIe, even if it is lower bandwidth.

If I ever 2x bridgless AMD cards, and the Nvidia equivalent with SLI support-I'll certainly be doing some tests.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

9 hours ago, jjohnthedon1 said:

Can be used for nvdia surround

or a phys X card

tgey will not Sli tho 

Yes and so therefore they're useless, you're going to have a perfectly gaming capable GPU sitting in your PC to display to extra monitors or do PhysX for less than 5% of games that exist? It's a waste.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

1 hour ago, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

Yes and so therefore they're useless, you're going to have a perfectly gaming capable GPU sitting in your PC to display to extra monitors or do PhysX for less than 5% of games that exist? It's a waste.

Well done Sherlock 

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933