What is an ok cooler for a 6700k

SwiftXShadow

I mean something cheap but wont hinder the 6700k.

I have NO INTENTION OF OCing with that cooler. 

Eventually i will get a corsair H100i GTX for it to OC it. But before that i need a case that can hold the  corsair H100i GTX.

In the mean time i want a cheap cooler for the 6700k that wont hinder its stock clock performance.

cooler master hyper 212 evo

Intel i7-5820k OC'ed to 4.2GHz @1.225 V; w/ Corsair H110i GTX2x Asus Strix 980ti's; Asus Rampage V Extreme; 16GB (2x8GB) Crucial Ballistics GDDR4 RAM; EVGA 1000P2 psu

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/8608142 boost clock of 1493MHz

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/jjar35/saved/#view=ghCWGX + 43" 4k Vizio M-Series TV

DeepCool Gammaxx 400

$26.99

Moderate thickness for extra memory clearance

Great cooling

Excellent price

CPU: Delided Intel Core i7-6700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 16 GB (3600/15-15-15-35) |GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 1070 8GB STRIX | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark TG | Primary SSD: Samsung 950 Pro Series 512GB (OS/Games/Programs) / Seagate 5 TB External Hard Drive (Media) | PSU: SeaSonic Prime 650W | Cooling: be quiet! Dark Rock 4 + 4x Corsair ML140 Pro LED Red + 1x Corsair ML120 Pro LED Red

9 minutes ago, jjar35 said:

cooler master hyper 212 evo

agreeing especially because he said "okay" and "cheap" instead of "good" :D

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

agreeing especially because he said "okay" and "cheap" instead of "good" :D

I need something that will not let CPU overheat crash computer from normal stock clocks and will not die for about 3-6 months

i like the ar01 from silverstone better then the 212 evo. from my experience the ar01 stays a couple degrees cooler and is usually the same price give or take 5$.

2 minutes ago, SwiftXShadow said:

I need something that will not let CPU overheat crash computer from normal stock clocks and will not die for about 3-6 months

honestly, even a stock intel cooler is fine, it'll run toasty, but any modern cpu is made to handle toasty.

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

honestly, even a stock intel cooler is fine, it'll run toasty, but any modern cpu is made to handle toasty.

The 6700k does not come with a stock cooler xD

1 minute ago, SwiftXShadow said:

hence why i backed the 212 ;)

you cant go wrong with either the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO or the DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX 400 they are both $29.99 on newegg and have great reviews. 

CPU: Delided Intel Core i7-6700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 16 GB (3600/15-15-15-35) |GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 1070 8GB STRIX | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark TG | Primary SSD: Samsung 950 Pro Series 512GB (OS/Games/Programs) / Seagate 5 TB External Hard Drive (Media) | PSU: SeaSonic Prime 650W | Cooling: be quiet! Dark Rock 4 + 4x Corsair ML140 Pro LED Red + 1x Corsair ML120 Pro LED Red

43 minutes ago, SwiftXShadow said:

snip

Cryorig H7. Slightly out performs the H212, and subjectively better looking. 

5 minutes ago, JamGorby said:

Cryorig H7. Slightly out performs the H212, and subjectively better looking. 

and way more expensive

1 hour ago, SwiftXShadow said:

the   DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX 400 must be so old that it is not sold in my country anymore

it's brand new

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/deepcool-gammaxx-400-slim-tower-cpu-cooler,4460.html

5 minutes ago, SwiftXShadow said:

so it is to new to be sold yet, same thing

yeah so in this case i'd just go with the Evo. I know a lot of people who have an Evo on standby including myself for a test bench, back up for an AIO, or as their primary cooler. it's reliable, priced well, compatible with most boards/cases, and looks pretty good too for an air cooler. 

On 7/2/2016 at 2:32 PM, SwiftXShadow said:

115x coolers are a few bucks on eBay.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

If you are not concerned with looks then this is your best choice.

On 7/2/2016 at 5:16 PM, SwiftXShadow said:

Eventually i will get a corsair H100i GTX for it to OC it. But before that i need a case that can hold the  corsair H100i GTX.

In the mean time i want a cheap cooler for the 6700k that wont hinder its stock clock performance.

Buy a copper-core Haswell cooler and pop it in. If not that, there are loads of coolers by Rosewill, Zalman and the like that cost $10 or less and generally hold your CPU to the same temperatures a stock cooler would, or slightly better. No need to spend $30 on a 212 or a GAMMAXX 400.

Consider the NZXT Kraken X61 over the Corsair, if you're not committed to the H100i GTX yet.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

3 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

i dont care what it looks like, but i have never heard what a 115x is, also i am not using ebay because the shipping cost is more then 10€

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Deepcool makes respectable CPU coolers for very little money (their water coolers are a bit hit or miss though). If you can't find a GAMMAXX 400 then try a 300 or 200. Here in the US the 300 is actually the cheapest of the 3 but I think it's performance is somewhere in the middle (it has roughly 212 cooling performance). It is actually a  pretty good cooler and I've got my 2500k on a pretty heavy 900MHz overclock on it. It will support moderate overclocking on the 6700k at the very least.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

On 7/2/2016 at 5:16 PM, SwiftXShadow said:

Get the 212 evo. Its good enough to even get a small overclock on and would work well as a backup in case that AIO ever dies.

I personally own one for my FX8350 and if it can keep that cool your 6700k will be chilly.

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED