Deals for GTX 980 TI

blnswamy

with the launch of the gtx 1080, the prices for the 980 TI have dropped significantly. 

i just got a MSI GTX 980 TI 6G Golden edition for $400 

3 minutes ago, App4that said:

*hands OP a cookie* 

I put my pants on all my myself today. Mom was proud.

Bullshit she definitely helped, i saw it with my binoculars  

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

3 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Bullshit she definitely helped, i saw it with my binoculars  

Stop it, you're embarrassing me!

MOM!!!

If anyone asks you never saw me.

14 minutes ago, blnswamy said:

with the launch of the gtx 1080, the prices for the 980 TI have dropped significantly. 

i just got a MSI GTX 980 TI 6G Golden edition for $400 

well for that price you can get GTX 1070.

More VRAM, and it will be better in future.

After few more drivers updates and game updates, GTX 1070 will easily beat 980 Ti in all scenarios :)

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

7 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

well for that price you can get GTX 1070.

More VRAM, and it will be better in future.

After few more drivers updates and game updates, GTX 1070 will easily beat 980 Ti in all scenarios :)

Not all scenarios, a 980ti crushes a 1070 in video editing and most rendering. A 980ti beats a 1080 at that in fact. Plus the 980ti scales better when overclocked. That golden will beat a 400 dollar 1070, which has yet to be released. Every 1070 so far is over 400 bucks. 

3 minutes ago, App4that said:

Not all scenarios, a 980ti crushes a 1070 in video editing and most rendering. A 980ti beats a 1080 at that in fact. Plus the 980ti scales better when overclocked. That golden will beat a 400 dollar 1070, which has yet to be released. Every 1070 so far is over 400 bucks. 

That's true, but keep in mind that GTx 1070 will slowly become better.

GTX 980 Ti hit a wall with drivers update. It's optimised as much as it can be. GTX 1070 is still fairly new, and tons of optimisations are there to be done.

Right now, 980 ti is still better than gtx 1070 in some scenarios.

In FireStrike benchmark, I already have better score than a lot of 980 Ti GPUs. And that's with Founders Edition. So when binned GTX 1070 will come, I'm pretty sure it will be better than 980 ti in general.

And I would go for GTX 1070, just because I don't like buying used hardware ... bad experiences :) 

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

Yeah, I hate the way these reviews have been. They are very misleading. The 1070 is not an upgrade over a 980TI aside from more memory and that's not even really needed.

When you compare a brand new $400 980TI vs 1070 at ~$450 or even a ~$650 1080 it makes almost no sense to get the newer generation. The 980TI sits comfortably in the middle of the 2 new cards and still beats the 1080 in rendering. I wish the reviews would show this instead of comparing stock speeds.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

47 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

That's true, but keep in mind that GTx 1070 will slowly become better.

GTX 980 Ti hit a wall with drivers update. It's optimised as much as it can be. GTX 1070 is still fairly new, and tons of optimisations are there to be done.

Right now, 980 ti is still better than gtx 1070 in some scenarios.

In FireStrike benchmark, I already have better score than a lot of 980 Ti GPUs. And that's with Founders Edition. So when binned GTX 1070 will come, I'm pretty sure it will be better than 980 ti in general.

And I would go for GTX 1070, just because I don't like buying used hardware ... bad experiences :) 

The 400 dollars for a Golden is new.

And care to go up against my 980ti? :) You name the Firestrike level. 

6 minutes ago, App4that said:

Can I play too?

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    

2 minutes ago, Kryptyx said:

Can I play too?

YES! What's the point of ridiculously over powered hardware if not for online comparisons.

Oh yeah, games. Keep forgetting about those. 

4 minutes ago, App4that said:

YES! What's the point of ridiculously over powered hardware if not for online comparisons.

Oh yeah, games. Keep forgetting about those. 

Wait you mean there is something more to gaming than just benchmarking our hardware?

2 minutes ago, Kryptyx said:

Wait you mean there is something more to gaming than just benchmarking our hardware?

True story. Bought Far Cry Primal just because it was in the summer sale and I keep seeing the benchmark used so wanted it. Then I'm all like, "wait, this game is pretty fun! I get a tiger!" xD 

14 minutes ago, App4that said:

True story. Bought Far Cry Primal just because it was in the summer sale and I keep seeing the benchmark used so wanted it. Then I'm all like, "wait, this game is pretty fun! I get a tiger!" xD 

And here I thought I was getting the high-score in all the video games with my FPS number.

Also, I want a tiger.

3 minutes ago, Kryptyx said:

And here I thought I was getting the high-score in all the video games with my FPS number.

Also, I want a tiger.

You seriously do. Has to be the most under hyped game of the year. I figured I'd miss having a firearms but I don't. And the stealth is completely unforgiving so exciting. Animations are a bit stiff but it's Far Cry. 

Wow a brand new $400 Golden 980 Ti....  can't really beat that unless you find it even cheaper.

Awesome that the 1080/1070 got inflated if you look at it THIS way.

31 minutes ago, App4that said:

You seriously do. Has to be the most under hyped game of the year. I figured I'd miss having a firearms but I don't. And the stealth is completely unforgiving so exciting. Animations are a bit stiff but it's Far Cry. 

Nice, I'll grab it on steam tonight.

4 minutes ago, Kryptyx said:

If you have the game crash when you try to adjust the resolution, just set the resolution in the ini files. Happened to me.

1 hour ago, App4that said:

Well there is fire strike result in my signature.

If might not be better than yours, but at least it will be close to it :P

WD My Cloud 4TB

1 hour ago, Kryptyx said:

me too..

15 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

When comparing GPU scores you want to look at the Graphics score, not the regular score. This removes the differences in CPUs. With that said most 980TIs will be above 20k.

23 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

My humble contribution. If it helps I was running 39c the whole test, like the surface of the sun.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/12767853?

14 minutes ago, Kryptyx said:

When comparing GPU scores you want to look at the Graphics score, not the regular score. This removes the differences in CPUs. With that said most 980TIs will be above 20k.

I'm well aware that we need to look at GPU score only.

When you click on number in my signature, it will open link with benchmark and details for GPU only. That's what I meant :) 

10 minutes ago, App4that said:

My humble contribution. If it helps I was running 39c the whole test, like the surface of the sun.

Not bad score.

So based on that comparison, your 980 Ti is 3-4% better than my GTX 1070.

But as I said before ... with new drivers and optimisation for GTX 10xx, that difference will change. Not to mention binned cards for GTX 1070 will increase performance even more.

Right now 980 Ti and GTX 1070 are on pair with each other, but in future I realy think that 1070 will be better.

Thats just my opinion :) 

WD My Cloud 4TB

20 minutes ago, App4that said:

This is an older result I had, very close to you!
http://www.3dmark.com/fs/7715270

Thing is, look at that core and memory clock! (Idk what happened, lol)

I need to figure out how to fix 3dmark, I've reinstalled it and still won't work. :(