What tech company do you hate the most? Why?

Go to solution Solved by Zentex,

Does EA count as a tech company?

Corsair, got two broken USB drives from them. One of which was the warranty replacement. And a bad stick of DDR3. All of which happened in quick succession so I definitely won't be shopping for Corsair products anytime soon.

Apple, iPod Nano died prematurely due to malfunctioning gyroscope. Assumed the iPad mini would be able to handle basic web browsing and text editing. Didn't think it's possible to charge me $350 for something with 512 mb of RAM in 2014.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Apple. Charge to much for what it is. it has become more fashionable than practical.

Haha, Apple.

They can get our schools but not our children?!?!!!!

Oh wait, the Iphone, I guess it worked.  Anyway, yeah Apple.

No Trolling

• This includes flame wars such as Microsoft vs Apple, NVIDIA vs AMD, Intel vs AMD

CLOSE THE THREAD!

On 6/26/2016 at 1:12 PM, NinjaJc01 said:

Apple. Overpriced products, poor customer service, the fact it's very hard to change the battery on an iPhone yourself, I could go on.

Can't argue much with that. Nothing says "Something is wrong here" more than Foxconn setting up suicide nets around their factories (Foxconn is the company that makes IPhones for Apple).

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Foxconn_suicides

My most hated companies are Microsoft and Google.

Close seconds are: Canonical, Mozilla, Monsanto, and Lenovo.

Canonical: For f*cking up EVERY SINGLE RELEASE.

Mozilla: For not listening to its customers.

Monsanto: Lots of reasons.

Lenovo: For absolutely destroying Motorola.

14 hours ago, JamesDean said:

Can't argue much with that. Nothing says "Something is wrong here" more than Foxconn setting up suicide nets around their factories (Foxconn is the company that makes IPhones for Apple).

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Foxconn_suicides

and they also produce for sony, blackberry, microsoft, nintendo and google to name a few.

Don't blame only one company.

source:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxconn#Major_customers

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

apple. 

its not just that they price their products high, its because this makes other companies raise prices of their products as well. i mean apple iPhone costs here around US $1600-$1800 at launch which is crazy shit. 

this makes other companies price their products around that cause WHY NOT! Samsung phones for example cost here a lot more, just cause iPhones costs more. 

dont even get me started on apple laptops and tables.... 

Current Rig: Intel core i7 4770K Stock 4.5G, Asus Maximus VI Hero, Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 16Gb (8Gx2), 2x SLi Gigabyte Geforce GTX 670 2Gb GDDR5 3X Windforce Edition, Corsair Hydro Series H100i (Push), JDS LABS O2/ODAC combo, Fiio E18 KUNLUN, Asus Xonar Essence STX (secondary PC), Sennheiser HD700, Hifiman HE 400i, Beyerdynamics DT 990 PRO 250 Ohm, Sennheiser HD 518, Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 850W 80+, Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced, Samsun4g DVD R/W Combo, 3X Cooler Master 120mm Blue LED fans, LG IPS 23EA73, Logitech G710 BLUE, BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 Edition,Logitech G402 HYPERION FURY, Bloody Core V7, SteelSeries QcK Mass MiBR mouse pad

I love Apple's products but hate their company.  I feel like they will have a monopoly on mobile devices and technology at some point and use their billions of dollars to their advantage.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 @3.8 GHz     |     Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper Evo 212     |     RAM: G.Skill NS Series 4x4GB      |       Motherboard: GIGABYTE 990FXA     |     Case: Antec One     |     Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270x HAWK    |    PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G2    |     HDD: 1 WD Black (Programs Files), 1 WD Caviar Blue (Boot)     |     KB & M: Cooler Master Storm Devastator Blue     |     Speakers: Logitech Z506     |     UPS:  CyberPower 1500w     |

Every time you use comic sans, one programmer dies.

On 6/26/2016 at 10:12 AM, NinjaJc01 said:

Apple. Overpriced products, poor customer service, the fact it's very hard to change the battery on an iPhone yourself, I could go on.

Apple is an okay company. They produce high quality products that sync all together very well. I love the way my iPhone corresponds with my MacBook. I can't argue over the overpriced part though, apple charges to much for their name. Apple is fine for an average consumer though. It's great for school, nice retina displays, best trackpad in any laptop, and great optimization. You can't go wrong with apple.

Apple. 

1) Overpriced $2000 Facebook machines

2) Did something break? Forget repairing it, we'll just chuck it and send you a new one. Who cares about waste?

3) Steve Jobs most inspiring person for video games? Lol fuck no.

4) We invented everything and made everything we touch revolutionary!

5) Idiots buy them. This is true became many many years (like pre I5 / I7), some noobasaurus rexes on a mobile phone site I used were buying 5 figure dual Xeon (8 core, 4 cores each) macs for browsing the internet on. Trying to point out to them what a waste of money that was and how nothing they use will ever take advantage of that many cores was the equivalent of trying to teach a dog why eating shit is bad. Oh and ofc, trying to do so brands me as an Apple hater on such a pro Apple website. 

8 cores like a decade ago or something when no one even needs 8 cores now. Oh yes, and I had enough macintards try to argue that 'but 8 cores at 2 GHz = 16 GHz! That's more GHz than any PC can have!' Yes, ofc, you need that on your Facebook machine. What do macintards even do with their tardymacs other than browse the net? (Yes I realize that Apple have loads of propriety productivity software that's useful for studios, but no, your average macintards buying turdymacs are not AAA movie directors or industry famous music producers).

Linus is my fetish.

1 hour ago, AndyKala said:

Apple is an okay company. They produce high quality products that sync all together very well. I love the way my iPhone corresponds with my MacBook. I can't argue over the overpriced part though, apple charges to much for their name. Apple is fine for an average consumer though. It's great for school, nice retina displays, best trackpad in any laptop, and great optimization. You can't go wrong with apple.

63768091.jpg 

No.

VUn0O.jpg

8643145b2a2a556d99ca7ad10d57e31d5821d99b 

8360321804_65a434ede3.jpg 

Linus is my fetish.

I like the amount of people saying Apple but in my own personal opinion so great quality items. If I was honest it would have to be HP for the likes of laptops which simply don't last when my MacBooks last 5+ years no problem. I get free replacement chargers when they break whereas Other competitors fail to do this. 

I dont hate any company though there are some better than others and some companies that need to learn more from the rest

Jr. Systems Administrator

*All my opinions are my own based on my Technical Experiences and Tech Reviews!

Apple is the only one, and thats because of their business practices and overpriced bullshit. Pretty much every other company i have seen mentioned because "they suck and have shitty products" i can think of a least a couple of decent ones they have made if not more. Sure, some maybe overprice their stuff a bit but its still not "bad", it just costs to much for what you are getting.

I dont think I hate any tech company. Hate is too strong a word for me.

Apple, apple, apple, apple. Did I mention Apple?

Nvidia for their overpriced gpus

Microsoft and sony, but ONLY for the peasant consoles.

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

If you're good at something, never do it free.

Apple... apple.....

7473c6d6d8ed28af780fa88a145fb3a5b96aeacbd53dd1b5dcd2148fde2d9b76.jpg

apple-genius_o_2442335.jpg

da5e158333ce293f12446b2143474759.jpg

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

If you're good at something, never do it free.

Microsoft for their asinine customer support. 90 day warranty on controllers, AND you need the proof of purchase. No exceptions whatsoever, and if plugging your controller into Windows doesn't work, they try selling you random adapters and such to dig you deeper into their ecosystem. And that's without speaking of how they're sketchily pushing Windows 10 onto systems that don't want it.

Shit company.

5 hours ago, iCrushDreams said:

Microsoft for their asinine customer support. 90 day warranty on controllers, AND you need the proof of purchase. No exceptions whatsoever, and if plugging your controller into Windows doesn't work, they try selling you random adapters and such to dig you deeper into their ecosystem. And that's without speaking of how they're sketchily pushing Windows 10 onto systems that don't want it.

Shit company.

No.

1) You get warranty service through the retailer, not the manufacturer.

2) Windows 10 is great and free to upgrade to from 7 and 8. If you dont want it you'ld be running Linux.

Linus is my fetish.

11 minutes ago, Bhav said:

No.

1) You get warranty service through the retailer, not the manufacturer.

2) Windows 10 is great and free to upgrade to from 7 and 8. If you dont want it you'ld be running Linux.

In the USA, there are warranties through the retailer as well as the manufacturer since not every retailer offers warranties.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

2 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

In the USA, there are warranties through the retailer as well as the manufacturer since not every retailer offers warranties.

'Murica. In Europe its law that the retailer deals with warranties and sending goods back to the manufacturer if a customer requires it.

Well, at least you have your guns and Donald Trump.

Linus is my fetish.

1 minute ago, Bhav said:

'Murica. In Europe its law that the retailer deals with warranties and sending goods back to the manufacturer if a customer requires it.

Well, at least you have your guns and Donald Trump.

I'm not sure how that necessitates the bringing up of stereotypical America but okay then. Not all of us are batshit crazy.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Microshit.

think it is pretty obvious why. overpriced shitty software and they made that POS windows 10.

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS