This is scaring me, CPU temps

So I put new thermal paste on my CPU from the stock stuff (Arctic Silver 5) and I thought it would help. Temperatures did not change. Could it be I just have a bad CPU (A4 7300)? Or could it be I did not but in enough?

NEED HELP QUICK

Picture below 

Screenshot (27).png

did you remove the old paste before reapplying?

what cooler are you using?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

did you remove the old paste before reapplying?

what cooler are you using?

Yes I cleaned, took a while but I did.

I'm using the stock cooler

1 minute ago, g12601 said:

Yes I cleaned, took a while but I did.

I'm using the stock cooler

something must be wrong with your mounting mechanism or something

the fan is running on it right?

buy a 212 evo if you can

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

is >1.4V standard for A4-7300? Seems rather high but I'm not too brushed up on APUs,

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

something must be wrong with your mounting mechanism or something

the fan is running on it right?

buy a 212 evo if you can

Fan is running

I don't think the 212 evo fits in my case

2 minutes ago, Hiebly said:

is >1.4V standard for A4-7300? Seems rather high but I'm not too brushed up on APUs,

I don't know either. 

2 minutes ago, g12601 said:

Fan is running

I don't think the 212 evo fits in my case

if you open the tab for the motherboard (right above the CPU tab) what temps does it show

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

if you open the tab for the motherboard (right above the CPU tab) what temps does it show

Capture.PNG

can you install msi afterburner and hwinfo64 and see what cpu temps those software report?

AMD apu's in my experience dont register correctly with monitoring software

Photography / Finance / Gaming

the temp differences you can expect from changing thermal paste is insignificant unless you're replacing like 5+ year old paste, and then the difference is mostly due to the new stuff being new. If you want to decrease temps get a better cooler than stock

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

5 minutes ago, mok said:

can you install msi afterburner and hwinfo64 and see what cpu temps those software report?

AMD apu's in my experience dont register correctly with monitoring software

Capture.PNG

hmm..
need more info about this computer

did you build it yourself? or was it prebuilt?

and how did you remove the heatsink from the cpu?

20 minutes ago, g12601 said:

So I put new thermal paste on my CPU from the stock stuff (Arctic Silver 5) and I thought it would help. Temperatures did not change. Could it be I just have a bad CPU (A4 7300)? Or could it be I did not but in enough?

NEED HELP QUICK

Picture below 

Screenshot (27).png

Get the pot of water, we're making tea with those temps.

| CPU: Core i7-4790K  |  Motherboard:  MSI Gaming Z97 GAMING 5 LGA 1150  |  CPU Cooler:  NZXT Kraken X61 |
| GPU: Single 8GB EVGA GTX 1070 FTW |  RAMCorsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR3 1600 MHz |  CaseCorsair 330R Titanium Edition

9 minutes ago, Cyracus said:

the temp differences you can expect from changing thermal paste is insignificant unless you're replacing like 5+ year old paste, and then the difference is mostly due to the new stuff being new. If you want to decrease temps get a better cooler than stock

these temps for his cpu are not normal
its a 65watt dual core running at 4ghz stock

i have an a10-6700 quadcore apu that turbo's upto 4.3ghz with a shitty stock cooler but temps never go over 62c under an hour load of minecraft

2 minutes ago, mok said:

these temps for his cpu are not normal
its a 65watt dual core running at 4ghz stock

i have an a10-6700 quadcore apu that turbo's upto 4.3ghz with a shitty stock cooler but temps never go over 62c under an hour load of minecraft

Lol, minecraft is not a good comparison lol. run Cinebench or prime 95 and tell me temps,

| CPU: Core i7-4790K  |  Motherboard:  MSI Gaming Z97 GAMING 5 LGA 1150  |  CPU Cooler:  NZXT Kraken X61 |
| GPU: Single 8GB EVGA GTX 1070 FTW |  RAMCorsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR3 1600 MHz |  CaseCorsair 330R Titanium Edition

1 minute ago, mok said:

hmm..
need more info about this computer

did you build it yourself? or was it prebuilt?

and how did you remove the heatsink from the cpu?

Yes, I built it.

Not sure how to explain, I just relased the latch and pushed the thing and wiggled it off.

2 hours ago, g12601 said:

Yes, I built it.

Not sure how to explain, I just relased the latch and pushed the thing and wiggled it off.

Hwmonitor doesn't work right with amd temp sensors.

Download amd overdrive to monitor the temps it will read out in (thermal margin) degrees C until the cpu reads max temp, but will be accurate.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •