Could this one day cool your computer?

Little Bear
8 hours ago, Little Bear said:

Why do people think this is an immediate application, it literally says in the title: ONE DAY.

This topic meant: maybe some day, not let me get my calculator out and test the probability my computer wife, Karen will leave me.

The laws of physics are fixed.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

2 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

Well I'm a graduate program, but I'm only through it at the Bachelor level, going to have an equivalent of a master's degree in two years, so we have done the same thing that you did I guess :)

It isn't complicated but it's lights ahead high school basic classes :)

(My expertise is weird since it is knowing things on every field)

Oh yeah like hardware designer (vlsi design etc) have no expertise in material science?

Good luck on the PhD then :)

Well high school quality classes vary quite a bit in America, and I can say mine for example was much MUCH more rigorous than the equivalent college course (also the AP program is supposedly a college level HS course anyways). For example, my HS chemistry course was so much more advanced than our supposedly challenging intro chem course (a version that was two semesters condensed into one) even though I went to a grand total of 1 class, and didn't even open my book once for studying or otherwise, I got a 98.5 on the final exam (and got exactly a 90 on all three midterms even though the averages were 85 then 63 then 72). I remember quite clearly because I have friends in my field who I met in the class and it's a constant jab between us.

I'd say it depends a bit, but more often than not materials knowledge is the biggest fallthrough (they may know for example the difficulty and importance of extracting Hafnium from Zirconium alloy, but they are unlikely to know much about the strength issues of austenitic steels over 500 degrees Celsius).

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

5 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Well high school quality classes vary quite a bit in America, and I can say mine for example was much MUCH more rigorous than the equivalent college course (also the AP program is supposedly a college level HS course anyways). For example, my HS chemistry course was so much more advanced than our supposedly challenging intro chem course (a version that was two semesters condensed into one) even though I went to a grand total of 1 class, and didn't even open my book once for studying or otherwise, I got a 98.5 on the final exam (and got exactly a 90 on all three midterms even though the averages were 85 then 63 then 72). I remember quite clearly because I have friends in my field who I met in the class and it's a constant jab between us.

I'd say it depends a bit, but more often than not materials knowledge is the biggest fallthrough (they may know for example the difficulty and importance of extracting Hafnium from Zirconium alloy, but they are unlikely to know much about the strength issues of austenitic steels over 500 degrees Celsius).

Well not everyone come from the same places so you kinda have to do it.

It's like when foreigners come to my school they suck dick in maths courses but people like me pass those easily, because we had a stronger background :)

In the end, they had their advantages in algorithmic courses or mechanics or whatever :)

Okay, that's what I feared!

Nice.
But, maybe in future we won't even need cooling for with new materials.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Wow you guys seriously did not get it. You are right that it wouldn't be practical in the current day, but in the future there is always room for advancement you COULD NOT expect or understand before it was done. Of course thermodynamics, quantum physics, and whatever the hell else don't think this is a good idea, but that has never stopped us.

Motivation is where, and what you make of it.

“It is relatively unusual that a physical scientist is truly an atheist. Why is this true? Some point to the anthropic constraints, the remarkable fine tuning of the universe. For example, Freeman Dyson, a Princeton faculty member, has said, ‘Nature has been kinder to us that we had any right to expect.'”  Albert Einstein

so this is going to be like liquid nitrogen and about as practical as liquid nitrogen. and would become practical as soon as liquid nitrogen is practical

Could this thread be closed please. I am tired of being linked back to it.

Motivation is where, and what you make of it.

“It is relatively unusual that a physical scientist is truly an atheist. Why is this true? Some point to the anthropic constraints, the remarkable fine tuning of the universe. For example, Freeman Dyson, a Princeton faculty member, has said, ‘Nature has been kinder to us that we had any right to expect.'”  Albert Einstein

I don't think there is a need for better cooling since CPUs and GPUs get more and more efficient every year.