Rumor: AMD Zen having issues with integrated usb 3.1

1 minute ago, FratStar said:

You and I both know for most people that will be an issue. (And it's rather annoying) I agree with you though it's not that big deal of a deal.

umm what most? Nah m8 I have used a haswell system for 3 years and I have not had that problem a single time and the same goes for 8 of my friends. It is only a few people that have the problem.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 minute ago, patrickjp93 said:

Not most, only a few.

Idk man in an enterprise environment with a bunch of people that aren't tech savy the smallest things become the biggest problems, and they would be annoying their ITs to fix and issue that they can't. These things blow up man. I work in IT I see it first hand all the time. 

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900X – Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi  – RAM: 4 x 16 GB G. Skill Trident Z @ 3200mhz- GPU: ASUS  Strix Geforce GTX 1080ti– Case: Phankteks Enthoo Pro M – Storage: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, 1TB Intel 800p, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB & WD Blue 1 TB PSU: EVGA 1000P2– Display(s): ASUS PB238Q, AOC 4k, Korean 1440p 144hz Monitor - Cooling: NH-U12S, 2 gentle typhoons and 3 noiseblocker eloops – Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB Mouse: G502 Rgb & G Pro Wireless– Sound: Logitech z623 & AKG K240

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

umm what most? Nah m8 I have used a haswell system for 3 years and I have not had that problem a single time and the same goes for 8 of my friends. It is only a few people that have the problem.

You're misunderstanding what I'm saying, people who have the issue would freak out that's what I meant by most. I wasn't talking about the number of people who experienced the issue.

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900X – Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi  – RAM: 4 x 16 GB G. Skill Trident Z @ 3200mhz- GPU: ASUS  Strix Geforce GTX 1080ti– Case: Phankteks Enthoo Pro M – Storage: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, 1TB Intel 800p, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB & WD Blue 1 TB PSU: EVGA 1000P2– Display(s): ASUS PB238Q, AOC 4k, Korean 1440p 144hz Monitor - Cooling: NH-U12S, 2 gentle typhoons and 3 noiseblocker eloops – Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB Mouse: G502 Rgb & G Pro Wireless– Sound: Logitech z623 & AKG K240

2 minutes ago, FratStar said:

You're misunderstanding what I'm saying, people who have the issue would freak out that's what I meant by most. I wasn't talking about the number of people who experienced the issue.

why? It is such a simple thing to fix, like patrick said reboot 

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

8 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

why? It is such a simple thing to fix, like patrick said reboot 

Because that's how people are. I've been working in IT for like 6 years now. I've seen people freak out about the littlest things everywhere I've been.

You won't believe how many times I've heard "It doesn't work like before," "Why do I have to do this now, fix it," having to reboot every time is annoying and if it's happening in a large company imagine the number of tickets and call you'd get for an issue that can't be fixed by the IT of the business until Intel issued the hardware fix. That's what I'm talking about. I couldn't give two shits about home users.

I even said I don't view it as a big deal personally, but at work shit like that gets annoying quick.

Spoiler

and here we go

as I told you in the other topic few weeks back, integrating everything in the CPU is a very bad idea

and ASMedia ... what the actual fuck, AMD?!

---

searching clarification if anyone has any idea

is it the actual CPU or the "Promontory" chip? because the CPU was supposed to have the USB 3.0 capability with the "Promontory" adding the 3.1

AMD-Summit-Ridge-1024x481-pcgh.jpg

2 hours ago, Dackzy said:

AM3+ boards has had USB3.0 for quite a long time, and recently even USB 3.1 10GB/s

2 hours ago, Dackzy said:

Guys just stop this, the board partners put usb 3.1 on AM3+ boards, so they should be able to put usb 3.1 on Zen boards...

Bruh, did you read the article?

Zen mobos don't have the chipset on them anymore. Instead it's all integrated onto the CPU. The problem here is that when the distance between the CPU and USB 3.1 header is very large (so when the CPU is on the top and the USB header is on the bottom right) bandwidth decreases significantly. Am3+ has a chipset on the mobo, so the USB 3.1 is probably getting fed by the chipset.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

23 minutes ago, zMeul said:

and here we go

as I told you in the other topic few weeks back, integrating everything in the CPU is a very bad idea

and ASMedia ... what the actual fuck, AMD?!

---

searching clarification if anyone has any idea

is it the actual CPU or the "Promontory" chip? because the CPU was supposed to have the USB 3.0 capability with the "Promontory" adding the 3.1

AMD-Summit-Ridge-1024x481-pcgh.jpg

And there he is.

And linking home-made slides with invalid information no less. What a time to be alive.

56 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

And there he is.

And linking home-made slides with invalid information no less. What a time to be alive.

Well, to be fair it has benchlife.info spread across the picture so it can't be homemade unless zMeul owns benchlife.info :D 

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

4 hours ago, DevilishBooster said:

I'm saving this gif to use when people start getting pissed in threads. xD

Seems like a wise choice, ha!

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

1 hour ago, DocSwag said:

Bruh, did you read the article?

Zen mobos don't have the chipset on them anymore. Instead it's all integrated onto the CPU. The problem here is that when the distance between the CPU and USB 3.1 header is very large (so when the CPU is on the top and the USB header is on the bottom right) bandwidth decreases significantly. Am3+ has a chipset on the mobo, so the USB 3.1 is probably getting fed by the chipset.

Bro do you know AMD? They will most likely leave it to the board partners, like they did with AM3+ and do you also know that this is 95% bs rumor

46 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Well, to be fair it has benchlife.info spread across the picture so it can't be homemade unless zMeul owns benchlife.info :D 

Home-made as in not made by AMD but by a completely unaffiliated party such as "tech journalists" and bloggers who get their traffic from inventing rumors. 

The slide is too impartial to have been made by zMeul.

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

Bro do you know AMD? They will most likely leave it to the board partners, like they did with AM3+ and do you also know that this is 95% bs rumor

I know it's a rumor, but that doesn't affect your original point. And also, the article said that mobo manufacturers are looking at other options that would get rid of this issue but would also cost more money.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler