How much do the looks of your pc play into buying parts?

Air tree

Just wondering.

In my case i'm still already into the looks and i haven't even built my pc yet :rolleyes:

I'd look first for performance then looks
typically speaking, better products will look better

Pfft you peasant, no side panel at all :P

I just gotta make sure I never throw a USB at my computer...AHEM...

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

There is enough variety out there that one can have both looks and performance for an affordable price and it has been that way for awhile now.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I buy based on price and looks, performance comes second. Though when you're talking an Intel Extreme CPU and all teh RAM..

I'm not going to pick something with bad performance and good aesthetics over something with good performance and bad aesthetics.  That being said I will then spend time and money making it look good.  Its great when you can get good performance and aesthetics like with an ROG motherboard.  

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

If it doesn't have a practical purpose, it goes out the window. If the board's VRM looks tits, why not? LEDs? GTFO.

Although for whatever reason, the DCII power LEDs look pretty good in the few times my case is open.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

I can usually fit how I want it to look into the budget without loosing performance so yea

I usually just do this in PCPartpicker

de-select brands I don't like/trust

select what I'm looking for

then from there choose the nicest one.

If they all look bad, I might pay more for less or pay less for more(less for more usually never happens)

The Syndicate

Luckily enough, most high performing parts still looks good (minus Noctua fans. Waiting on the Black fans to be released.....)

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

IT MATTERS!

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I like a build that is totally stable but I don't mind a nice theme build once and a while like my Shadow Warrior build I am working on

All about performance, especially with my always limited budget, don't care about the looks at all.

Its all about performance man 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

I have the money now, so looks factor in a good amount.  When I didn't, it was all about performance, looks be damned!

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I pick the best performer that looks the best. Can make anything look good when it's done nice, has a good looking water cool setup and in a good looking case.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

I buy based on price and looks, performance comes second. Though when you're talking an Intel Extreme CPU and all teh RAM..

Haha I agree, and feel/do the same :). And when DDR4 hits the market even if I would never use over 32GB of RAM the enthusiast in me wont be able to resist for more :D. But the looks will come first :).

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12; GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Gigabyte Vision OC V2 10GB; PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified; RAM: 4x32GB (w/RGB xd); SSD: 1xM.2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 1xM.2 Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, 1xWD 6TB HDD; OS: 10; Monitor: 2xAorus IPS 27" (2560x1400)Keyboard: Corsair K95; Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000 w/ Steelseries QcK mousepad.

Laptop - HP Omen 15" w/5800U, GPU 3070, 1TB M.2 WD Black, 16GB RAM.

Luckily enough, most high performing parts still looks good (minus Noctua fans. Waiting on the Black fans to be released.....)

Noctua Blacks are rumoured to only be for enterprise release. 

Looks don't matter as the case does not have a window to look in the case. as my PC is at the side of the desk I don't really see it much anyway.

Cry Havoc!

Water  cooling= performance on all dat shiet you got inside and the looks are amazing, I ain't talking about just the cpu I'm talkin about errthing 

$$金Trill金$$

I am very OCD when it comes to the look of my PC, and i know OCD is a very overused term. :D

My rig's color scheme is red/black and i have put a lot of work into my PC after it was built. I also try to match brands, my Mobo and GPU both are In MSI's gaming style. I Removed the sticker from my Seasonic PSU because it was blue. I Spray painted the PCI covers of my Define R4 aswell as the Covers on my Graphics card and Wifi Card in A matching red. At the back of my rig there spings a corsair AF 140. I don't like the quality of the AF v140 but the look is so awesome! I redid my Cablemanagement entireley because it was not perfectly hidden. I switched my SATA cables for red ones. My CPU get's cooled by a bequiet, not your ordinary silvery looking headspreader, because a shine metal thing would destroy the look! I plan on using more bequiet fans in the future but i will spraypaint their anti-vibration lid for sure! Noctuas are plain ugly and will never touch my system. I swapped my WiFi antenna for a smaller one to keep the back sleek and tidy. I repalced the blue LED of the power button with a red one. I am planning to sleeve my cables sometime in the future. My peripherals are of course black with red LED backlighting.

So yeah, you could say i give much atention to detail and looks. Everybody can stick together computer parts but not everybody can create a little piece of art with it. If you have read my post this far then thank you and congrats, you have nothing to do! :D

PS: i have no pics yet! O.o

who cares...

:3

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089