How much do the looks of your pc play into buying parts?

Air tree

I could use a new mouse and I really like the M65 - but I can't stand how the dpi LED is blue and can't be changed/turned off

Then Corsair came out with the all red LED M40 - I hate that the logo is illuminated like I'm screaming "CORSAIR MOUSE HERE" (and no precision button)

I also like the G602 - but hate how the LED's are blue/green against my black/red theme

I honestly mostly upgraded my P9X79 Deluxe to a RIVE because of the black/red theme over silver/blue on the deluxe - in retrospect, the features of the deluxe still fit me better

I hated the color of my Sennheiser HD598's - literally the Noctua of headphones: great performance, terrible color

all I can think of for now

i don't want any lights in my case as it doesn't leave my room and i would never turn them on i have even killed lights in things in the past just to no have it light up. case on the other hand is something I am starting to care more about which may effect future buys as i would like to downsize my computers overall size as it doesn't need to be as big as it is.

It would depend on why I am building the PC. If it is for productivity, then performance is the only thing that matters really. But if I am building a gaming rig then you really do have enough options to make it look really nice and run well for not that much more. I think of PC's as a sort of piece of furniture that everyone sees, you don't want it to be unsightly. 

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

Sorry guys, wrong thread.

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

I'm not super fussed about appearances, as long as it fits with the colour scheme.

Everything is black and blue.

I put looks and price first, don't really care much about how much more few FPS I can get out of something, or how faster a clock speed I can get. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

A fair bit for me. As long as it has good cable management and matching colors, I could care less.

Before my build i was completely worried about it looking awesome, after i built it i don't look at it at all and don't care about how it looks.

FX 6300 | Sapphire 7770 | G-Skill Ares 8GB | WD Blue 1TB | ASUS M5A78L-M

Tritton Kunai | Logitech Proteus Core G502 | Razer Blackwidow Tournament 

these days you can find most things that look good and perform very well so its not such a huge deal...go back a handful of years and it was harder to find. I am a bit on the retarded side though because my rig has to look good on the inside yet I never use cases with windows. 

i typically go with stuff that at least flows in way of color scheme because i always have a windowed side panel

I buy most of my parts used so i don't have a choice. I just jam LEDs into my PC until it looks good.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

internal hardware = Zero inerest 

for me its the case thats most important

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

A little my mobo doesn't match anything I just try to do my best with cable management about the get some blue LED lighting strips

CPU AMD A10-5800k  GPU GTX 960 Gigabyte G1 Motherboard Asrock fm2a75m-dgs Ram G.skill 8gigs ddr3 PSU Corsair HX650 HDD Two 1TB Hitachi 7200 rpm Case Zalman z11

Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire TK with chery mx reds Mouse Logitech m500 Headset Logitech g430 Laptop Lenovo u310 touch Phone HTC one

I will veto things I find downright ugly.  If you groan with a mixture of annoyance and disgust when you see your computer, it is not worth it.  I want to get joy from my PC, I don't want to hate the way it looks.  So I have my limits. I will not get one of the new Haswell Asus mobos, as I hate the color scheme too much.  If you are hoping a part will fry so you will have an excuse to replace it, it is not worth it, buy something else.  Sadly Noctua fans are the same.  Nothing should be that color scheme unless it is made of chocolate!  Having to look at one of those would just kill the joy of my computer.  I could I suppose in theory mod them, but pricewise they would have to be noticeably cheaper, including the modding, for me to consider it.

I'll pay more to go from "hate" to "meh" than I will to go from "meh" to "love it"  I guess I have a minimum level of aesthetics before I will spend money on it - I really avoid giving money to thing that I dislike the look of.  That being said, once I have it, I am not opposed to duct tape style solutions to keep things limping along to avoid spending more money. 

Intel Core i5 2400 - Corsair Vengeance 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24 - four strips) - ASUS P8Z68-V LE - GeForce GTX 660 Ti (MSI Power Edition) - 60GB Corsair Force 3 Boot drive with 2.5TB in a random nightmare of a configuration

If I have the choice between two equally priced / performing components I'll go by looks. Otherwise I don't care really.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

A good amount. 

And by that, i do not mean that i would take a technically worse part because it looks nice, but i would pay more if it looks good in addition. 

Out of 10, I'll give a 3.

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

I pretty sure my builds could kill if shown to a person with cable management OCD.  :rolleyes:

Good thing my R3s have solid sidepanels, because I spend no time picking out neat looking parts.

Cheers,

Linus