where is the best place to get a windows key,

GreezyJeezy
2 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

is there any diffrence is pro and home?

Not really. If there is then I never noticed it's so minimal.

kek

fun fact: you can't set color to hyperlinks on LTT

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

dont you need to own windows 7 or 8 first

Yes, you will need a win7 or Win8 key first. You don't have that? And only retail lets you do complete transfer to a new PC or major hardware changes. OEMs no.

1 minute ago, Gaged said:

You need a key though. I know this as I downloaded win 10 onto a usb to install it on my pc. It says windows isnt activated as I don't have a key. It doesn't come with one.

Win7 and Win8 key is also your Win10 key. But first you'll have to install the older OS activate it and then do the upgrade to Win10. Once the upgrade finishes and is validated. Your system generates a hardware ID that is sent to the MS activation center, where your system is added into their database. Next them when you do a reinstall of Win10, if there are no major hardware changes, the ID should match between you and Microsoft. And when it does, it automatically activates.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 minute ago, NumLock21 said:

Yes, you will need a win7 or Win8 key first. You don't have that? And only retail lets you do complete transfer to a new PC or major hardware changes. OEMs no.

Win7 and Win8 key is also your Win10 key. But first you'll have to install the older OS activate it and then do the upgrade to Win10. Once the upgrade finishes and is validated. Your system generates a hardware ID that is sent to the MS activation center, where your system is added into their database. Next them when you do a reinstall of Win10, if there are no major hardware changes, the ID should match between you and Microsoft. And when it does, it automatically activates.

yup i dont have it, and i need 5 keys so

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Normally stolen vl keys.

whats vi

3 minutes ago, Gaged said:

Not really. If there is then I never noticed it's so minimal.

You get remote desktop server, multi socket support, higher max ram, unix support, 

4 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

just trying to get this stupid textbox out of my reply thing. im new to the forums.

1 minute ago, addywaddy said:

look at pauls hard ware video 

yeah but thats a OEM key

1 minute ago, GreezyJeezy said:

yeah but thats a OEM key

yeah you can still get it to work though ???

1 minute ago, addywaddy said:

yeah you can still get it to work though ???

yes but then you cant use it again

yes but then you cant use it again

depends what he wants i guess 

8 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Normally stolen vl keys.

Any evidence ? Also still people buy them,because no one wants to purchase 100$ windows licenses

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

8 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

troll or not? if not ima get me some windows for my LAN PC lol

Free, but forgot fine print.

Valid Win7, 8, or 8.1 key required

7 minutes ago, Gaged said:

its a trull

No trull, it's been like this for almost a year

yup i dont have it, and i need 5 keys so

Too bad MS cut out the family value package

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

1 minute ago, NumLock21 said:

Free, but forgot fine print.

Valid Win7, 8, or 8.1 key required

No trull, it's been like this for almost a year

Too bad MS cut out the family value package

well i have a windows 7 key that i have used for my main rig, can i just reuse that? im guessing NOT but hey, got to ask

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

well i have a windows 7 key that i have used for my main rig, can i just reuse that? im guessing NOT but hey, got to ask

if its not a OEM key, so if you bought the key then yes, but it of came with the computer then no

if its not a OEM key, so if you bought the key then yes, but it of came with the computer then no

litteraly cant remember but i think i bought it seeing as i have the key for it and was able to switch motherboards atleast so who knows xD i guess there is no harm in trying :) 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

8 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Your OEM key has a limited number of times it can reactivate through the internet before you will have to call MS and activate it over the telephone. OEM key cannot be transferred to a brand new PC.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

1 hour ago, GreezyJeezy said:

kek

Microsoft toolkit...  

`

1 hour ago, NumLock21 said:

Your OEM key has a limited number of times it can reactivate through the internet before you will have to call MS and activate it over the telephone. OEM key cannot be transferred to a brand new PC.

well thats isnt changeing the motherboard "a new PC" as far as microsoft sees it? i did change from a FX-6300 and some ASRock board to what i have now which is an I5 4690K and another ASRock board

Builds:

Spoiler

i just bought a OEM key off kinguin im gonna test if i can use it on other motherboards too 

2 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

well thats isnt changeing the motherboard "a new PC" as far as microsoft sees it? i did change from a FX-6300 and some ASRock board to what i have now which is an I5 4690K and another ASRock board

Client system board died have to change it. But it was too old, so he went with a full upgrade, cpu, mb, ram. Other parts stayed the same. Windows says to avtivate within 3 days. Click activate and it went through.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!