Ugggh, help...

Brennan Price

Heres the story, my friends want to buy me a mouse mat and a huggable body pillow. This may sound normal however they want to get the ones with fairly explicit anime characters on them. I shall not post pictures because I know what the forums guidelines are. Anyway, they want to get them for me for Christmas which is absolutely ages away but they are adamant on buying the two items for me. Should I let it slip and hope they forget about it? Should I say no, I don't want them? Or shall I just go with the whole thing entirely?

I don't know what to do cuz they are the kind of things that my other acquaintances/friends will think I am weird for if they found out ,or if my mum or dad find out that I will maybe have the items then...yeah. Disgusting items but I am also kinda thinking is it just worth it for the lols too? Please help thanks, BPrice.

It wouldn't be so bad if I had been another 10 years older at about 25/26yrs old.

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

demand the body pillow and embrace your inner weaboo! (oh and usually those body pillows just have sleeves of animu grills on them, so you can easily take it off and just have a long pillow for yourself..)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Okay, this is a weird spot for me.

If people were to look at my history, they'd think I'm a complete nutcase, shut-in, weeaboo. I mean hell, I enjoy the shows and I've watched more than an unhealthy amount of anime these last few years, but I don't take it that far; but it's not like I really think taking it that far is wrong or anything. It's almost as if I'm on the edge of the cliff for becoming a fully fledged weeaboo, but haven't fallen off yet. 

That being said, if you're really so hardcore against that kind of stuff, then just tell 'em that you can't have that stuff at your place. If you don't want to be the cause of the problem, then just use your parents as the excuse; it's what they're there for, among other things.

If that doesn't work, then just accept it, then as what @Minibois said you can probably remove the cover and just have a plain, slightly longer pillow. The mouse pad is a different story, that one might just need to be tossed somewhere discrete.

Friends can be asshats sometimes, and the calamities they cause can be hilarious in the short term, but disastrous in the long term. I get that. Believe me rofl. I have a 6ft inflatable d!ck in my closet from such pranks and chaos; that my wife found while we were still dating. I uhh, won't go into details on that particular item though, because that's a story for a whole different thread all together.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

10 minutes ago, Minibois said:

demand the body pillow and embrace your inner weaboo! (oh and usually those body pillows just have sleeves of animu grills on them, so you can easily take it off and just have a long pillow for yourself..)

No these aren't the ones with arms to them, they are the ones that just simply have one side with a girl/woman in clothing/bikini and the other side has them pretty much naked and showing particular body parts.

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

5 minutes ago, Brennan_Price said:

No these aren't the ones with arms to them, they are the ones that just simply have one side with a girl/woman in clothing/bikini and the other side has them pretty much naked and showing particular body parts.

Yeah, but you can take off the cover right? At least that is what it seems like on most of these pillows (saw quite a few at a convention one time).

Also, I didn't comment on the mousepad.. But reading the post again, it's one of those titty wrist protector ones right? :P That's a different story..

Just tell your friends not to get that and instead ask for other stuff. Or tell them to go fuck themselves if they get it anyways. Or just sell it online if they still get you it. It all just depends on what kind of friends you all are.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

3 minutes ago, Atmos said:

That being said, if you're really so hardcore against that kind of stuff, then just tell 'em that you can't have that stuff at your place. If you don't want to be the cause of the problem, then just use your parents as the excuse; it's what they're there for, among other things.

If that doesn't work, then just accept it, then as what @Minibois said you can probably remove the cover and just have a plain, slightly longer pillow. The mouse pad is a different story, that one might just need to be tossed somewhere discrete.

Ok so here's the thing, though, I am not against that kind of stuff. I am just thinking about possible consequences if they do actually get them for me.

My Rig:

1 minute ago, Brennan_Price said:

Ok so here's the thing, though, I am not against that kind of stuff. I am just thinking about possible consequences if they do actually get them for me.

Well, then you can always just use your parents as an excuse to not get it, or just let 'em get it for you and try your best to keep it under wraps from family members. 

though, unless you're really young or anything, I doubt parents would be that mad if they found a 1/2 nekkid cartoon character on a pillowcase. They'd probably be weirded the fuck out, but probably not all that mad. God forbid they flip the thing over though. Might be best actually to just remove the case all together if you're concerned. xD

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

2 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Yeah, but you can take off the cover right? At least that is what it seems like on most of these pillows (saw quite a few at a convention one time).

Also, I didn't comment on the mousepad.. But reading the post again, it's one of those titty wrist protector ones right? :P That's a different story..

Just tell your friends not to get that and instead ask for other stuff. Or tell them to go fuck themselves if they get it anyways. Or just sell it online if they still get you it. It all just depends on what kind of friends you all are.

Ok fair enough, I could take off the case of the pillow but still it's something that my mum or dad would find as a surprise if it was stuffed down the back of my cupboard or something. Plus, yes the mouse mat is something that has the titty wrist thing except this one is the one that has an ass covered in jiz etcetera etcetera... I would send a link but I might have the forum to contend with.

My Rig:

Status update:

They now have more than a few people paying for the 'items' and they want me to use them because they bought them for me especially. What do I do?...

Hide them when not in use?

@Minibois @Atmos @GreezyJeezy

My Rig:

1 minute ago, Brennan_Price said:

Status update:

They now have more than a few people paying for the 'items' and they want me to use them because they bought them for me especially. What do I do?...

Hide them when not in use?

@Minibois @Atmos @GreezyJeezy

Sounds like you've been backed into a corner xD

Eh, yea. I'd just toss em aside when not in use.

Just let them, act like this is nothing to you. I'm guessing they are doing this because they know you won't feel comfortable with these gifts.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

Tell them to go screw themselves lol

Use the following spec style and help us spread the revolution to the rest of LTT!

"Rylo Ken"

Screenaninator: Asus Strix GTX 970 

Procrastinator:Intel I7 4790K @4.0GHZ

Stickaminator: Kingston HyperX Fury (2x8)

Powermathingy: EVGA 650 GS Fully Modular

attachamajiggy: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition

Remembrerthing: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB

Buttonboard: Corsair K70 RGB (browns)

Hearamagargle+talkamagargle: Logitech G35

See-A-Move-O: Logitech G502

I believe LTT did a video on how to properly use those pillows.  Just study up and thank your friends :D

(Or if you're feeling really serious about it, read below:)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 hour ago, Brennan_Price said:

Heres the story, my friends want to buy me a mouse mat and a huggable body pillow. This may sound normal however they want to get the ones with fairly explicit anime characters on them. I shall not post pictures because I know what the forums guidelines are. Anyway, they want to get them for me for Christmas which is absolutely ages away but they are adamant on buying the two items for me. Should I let it slip and hope they forget about it? Should I say no, I don't want them? Or shall I just go with the whole thing entirely?

I don't know what to do cuz they are the kind of things that my other acquaintances/friends will think I am weird for if they found out ,or if my mum or dad find out that I will maybe have the items then...yeah. Disgusting items but I am also kinda thinking is it just worth it for the lols too? Please help thanks, BPrice.

It wouldn't be so bad if I had been another 10 years older at about 25/26yrs old.

If you don't want something, make it clear to 'em. No harm in saying no. And your friend has no right to tell you what to like.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 hour ago, Gale said:

Just let them, act like this is nothing to you. I'm guessing they are doing this because they know you won't feel comfortable with these gifts.

Yep, they think I will like them even though I am saying I don't want them. Plus because I am 15, of course, I am going to be uncomfortable with these gifts.

1 hour ago, Energycore said:

If you don't want something, make it clear to 'em. No harm in saying no. And your friend has no right to tell you what to like.

Already said that to them, they just replied with "We have started this and now we must finish this"

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I believe LTT did a video on how to properly use those pillows.  Just study up and thank your friends :D

(Or if you're feeling really serious about it, read below:)

Thanks, ya never know. The 'Clothed' side might become a pillow friend after time lol. Must say, though, it may be a bit inappropriate with the way that I have a sausage mouse mat and there is gonna be a girls ass showing somewhere near it so umm... that's my life right now.

1 hour ago, Atmos said:

Sounds like you've been backed into a corner xD

Eh, yea. I'd just toss em aside when not in use.

Yeah, Maybe I have been backed into a corner a bit. Also, I think you mean 'jerk' them aside lol.

My Rig:

1 hour ago, Brennan_Price said:

Yeah, Maybe I have been backed into a corner a bit. Also, I think you mean 'jerk' them aside lol.

Actually made me laugh, xD

Yea, that's a far more accurate term to describe that motion.

I have framed anime art pieces in my apartment, and I dont care what others think.  My wife kind of likes them too.

I probably wont get a pillow though.

Id be like hey guys this is rather awkward could you just not buy me that ?

if they persist tell them to stop being fucking creep

simple right ?

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

If they go through wit it, make sure to let us know here or over in this thread: :D (assuming it wouldn't break any "offensive content" rules of course ;))

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Send it to me

I mean

erm

yeah

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

7 hours ago, HectorElFather said:

These first world problems never fail to amaze me.

This ENTIRE forum is 1st world problems

go build a children's hospital in Syria or something

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

11 hours ago, xentropa said:

I have framed anime art pieces in my apartment, and I dont care what others think.  My wife kind of likes them too.

I probably wont get a pillow though.

I don't have framed anime art in my bedroom but I do have pictures/drawings of anime art that I have drawn and are upon the walls.

8 hours ago, elderago said:

Id be like hey guys this is rather awkward could you just not buy me that ?

if they persist tell them to stop being fucking creep

simple right ?

Yes, but the largest problem is that they know they are weird/creepy and will just carry on with it.

8 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

If they go through wit it, make sure to let us know here or over in this thread: :D (assuming it wouldn't break any "offensive content" rules of course ;))

I will make sure to let you all know - That is if this thread is still up by then or if I do it in the latest purchase thread but that wouldn't be what I have bought specifically per say.

7 hours ago, HectorElFather said:

These first world problems never fail to amaze me.

Yup, these sure are first world problems alright. I just never thought I would have to deal with them personally lol.

My Rig:

46 minutes ago, Brennan_Price said:

I don't have framed anime art in my bedroom but I do have pictures/drawings of anime art that I have drawn and are upon the walls.

Yes, but the largest problem is that they know they are weird/creepy and will just carry on with it.

I will make sure to let you all know - That is if this thread is still up by then or if I do it in the latest purchase thread but that wouldn't be what I have bought specifically per say.

Yup, these sure are first world problems alright. I just never thought I would have to deal with them personally lol.

Then they aren't good friends if they do friends should and normally do respect each other. 

Don't put up with it

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |