Anyone looking for a GTX 1070?

mhamrin
Go to solution Solved by b.macpherson,

I give it 5 mins tops before the stock is gone

aaaaand it's gone

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

3 minutes ago, b.macpherson said:

I give it 5 mins tops before the stock is gone

Amazing...people must be refreshing their browsers all day. 

The auto email notification is useless in this case!

Glad I got one.

4 minutes ago, mhamrin said:

holy crap!!! There gone already!!!

feels when my 5 minute prediction was overs

IN THE NETHERLANDS THE GIGABYTE COSTS 600$!!! Sorry for caps guys.

Main gaming pc: Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh Performance - Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI GTX1080Ti Armor - AMD Wraith Spire RGB - ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB 3200MHz - 500GB M.2 (and a few other drives)

Gaming laptop: ASUS GL552VW: i7 6700HQ - GTX960M 2GB - 8GB DDR4 2166Mhz RAM - 1TB 7200RPM HDD

Main gaming pc: Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh Performance - Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI GTX1080Ti Armor - AMD Wraith Spire RGB - ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB 3200MHz - 500GB M.2 (and a few other drives)

Gaming laptop: ASUS GL552VW: i7 6700HQ - GTX960M 2GB - 8GB DDR4 2166Mhz RAM - 1TB 7200RPM HDD

2 minutes ago, xDanielxOossiex said:

IN THE NETHERLANDS THE GIGABYTE COSTS 600$!!! Sorry for caps guys.

Everything cost more in the Netherlands...except for tulips 

For those of you who have been around to watch the launches of previous GPUs, and other parts ... is this typical?  A product gets announced, then within a few MINUTES or SECONDS of availability at retail, it's out of stock?  And the 2nd, 3rd, even 4th or 5th shipments are quickly sold out?

How long is it until stock is reasonably available so that most people that want one could buy one?  Do we sometimes have to wait until the next generation is released?

(I was thinking of getting a 1070 in the next few weeks or so, but per another topic I've posted, I'm considering delaying it several months.)

2 minutes ago, mhamrin said:

Amazing...people must be refreshing their browsers all day. 

The auto email notification is useless in this case!

Glad I got one.

Speaking of refreshing ... I'd think it's possible to set up a browser to auto-refresh continuously, right? :D (But what would be the limitation on how often you could refresh?  Your monitor's refresh rate?  A refresh on each CPU cycle?)

Then when the product IS available, would I be correct to assume it's possible to automatically send a notification to your smartphone, with a one-click "buy now" option in the notification? :P

They don't last long enough to pay with PayPal. Twice now, Its returned me to a empty cart. Just long enough to log in.

Intel 5930k/ asus x99 deluxe II/ 32gb crucial ballistix ram/ Evga 1080 ti SC2/ enermax air cooler/ enthoo luxe case

2 minutes ago, PianoPlayer88Key said:

For those of you who have been around to watch the launches of previous GPUs, and other parts ... is this typical?  A product gets announced, then within a few MINUTES or SECONDS of availability at retail, it's out of stock?  And the 2nd, 3rd, even 4th or 5th shipments are quickly sold out?

How long is it until stock is reasonably available so that most people that want one could buy one?  Do we sometimes have to wait until the next generation is released?

(I was thinking of getting a 1070 in the next few weeks or so, but per another topic I've posted, I'm considering delaying it several months.)

Speaking of refreshing ... I'd think it's possible to set up a browser to auto-refresh continuously, right? :D (But what would be the limitation on how often you could refresh?  Your monitor's refresh rate?  A refresh on each CPU cycle?)

Then when the product IS available, would I be correct to assume it's possible to automatically send a notification to your smartphone, with a one-click "buy now" option in the notification? :P

I've heard from some of the guru's here (i'm not one) that this launch is worse than in previous releases.

I feel like I got the golden ticket in a wanka bar!

3 minutes ago, PianoPlayer88Key said:

This was a rushed launch just because they wanted to beat AMD to market. The only made like 10 cards.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

3 minutes ago, mhamrin said:

Everything cost more in the Netherlands...except for tulips 

What is the price for an MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G? In the Netherlands its 295 Euros which is US$332

3 minutes ago, xDanielxOossiex said:

What is the price for an MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G? In the Netherlands its 295 Euros which is US$332

on newegg they start at $290

6 minutes ago, mhamrin said:

on newegg they start at $290

Mmhh :\