Mx4 vs artic silver 5?

charbel1011

I have the mx4 right now i cant afford a artic silver 5 xD is the mx4 that bad? im using it on non k 4790 cpu for gaming with hyperevo 212

artic 5 only costs 7 dollars... but mx4 should be good enouph anyway

Omega-  I5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 1060 | Cougar Panzer | DDR4 16GB 3000MHz | MSI Z170 Gaming M5

EVGA 650 GQ | AOC 60Hz Freesync Panels x2 | AOC 144hz Freesync Panel x1

Epsilon- I7 2700k | Asus GTX 970 | Corsair 780t | DDR3 8GB 1600MHz | EVGA Z68 FTW Mobo

Corsair 750W G2 | Acer R240HY x2

Upsilon- i7 5500u | 6GB DDR3 | 720p 60Hz panel

1 minute ago, 21rkosta said:

artic 5 only costs 7 dollars... but mx4 should be good enouph anyway

Lmao i bought some stuff for my pc xD im broke xD

lol

Omega-  I5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 1060 | Cougar Panzer | DDR4 16GB 3000MHz | MSI Z170 Gaming M5

EVGA 650 GQ | AOC 60Hz Freesync Panels x2 | AOC 144hz Freesync Panel x1

Epsilon- I7 2700k | Asus GTX 970 | Corsair 780t | DDR3 8GB 1600MHz | EVGA Z68 FTW Mobo

Corsair 750W G2 | Acer R240HY x2

Upsilon- i7 5500u | 6GB DDR3 | 720p 60Hz panel

Im using a core i7 4790 the non k version i am not planning to overclock, like only for gaming i dont think it's that bad.

What gives you the idea that MX-4 is bad? or that its worse than AS5? This is a bit of an older video, but according to it, MX-4 was the best they tested.

Jump to 3:10 if you want to see the results.

But no, especially if you're not going for extreme overclocks, what you have will be fine. stock paste would have be fine.

MX-4 and AS5 perform more or less identically to each other. Many here actually prefer MX-4 because it's not electrically capacitive and it has no burn-in time. AS5 can short things out if you get it all over your mobo, and the packaging says it takes 200 hours to reach full effectiveness, although in practice it seems to be much faster. 

For the most part, thermal paste is thermal paste, and you're talking about a 2-4C difference between the stuff that comes with a 212 EVO and IC Diamond. 

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

The 212 Evo already comes with decent paste and the stock cooler should've been fine already in the first place.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.