how is the Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum?

DominicNikon

how is the Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum? is the mouse any better then the gigabyte krypton mouse? or would the g502 be better?

There was actually a picture the other day of a CSGO player at ELeague using this wireless mouse, which is cool. Think it is the first time in csgo at least that a pro has used a wireless mouse at a lan. I have heard only good things and if your saw Lukes video on it he too also thought highly of the mouse. Whether to go with the g502 or G900 is depends how much you value the wireless really, although I think its safe to say logitech have solved wireless latency problems.yuN5A8a.png

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

53 minutes ago, Rupe said:

There was actually a picture the other day of a CSGO player at ELeague using this wireless mouse, which is cool. Think it is the first time in csgo at least that a pro has used a wireless mouse at a lan. I have heard only good things and if your saw Lukes video on it he too also thought highly of the mouse. Whether to go with the g502 or G900 is depends how much you value the wireless really, although I think its safe to say logitech have solved wireless latency problems.yuN5A8a.png

Witch one would you buy? I never had a wireless mouse 

@DominicNikon

Honestly I would go for the G900, i like the idea of having a latency free wireless mouse, though it is more than twice the price which really hurts. Again it comes down to how much you personally value wireless.

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

15 minutes ago, Rupe said:

@DominicNikon

Honestly I would go for the G900, i like the idea of having a latency free wireless mouse, though it is more than twice the price which really hurts. Again it comes down to how much you personally value wireless.

How does the  g900 compair to my Gigabyte Mouse?

7 hours ago, DominicNikon said:

How does the  g900 compair to my Gigabyte Mouse?

The G900 has many plus points, dual handed config (very handy)

1200 dpi to the G900, 8200 dpi to the Gigabyte

40G acceleration to the G900, 30G to the Gigabyte

The LATEST tech in the G900, the Gigabyte showing it's age. 

It's a user choice and will depend on the requirements. Of those two (you may be shocked to hear) The G900 wins for me on just about every level. Budget will dictate the direction you choose over spec but I'd say save and get the G900. Most will not out perform this mouse and will last many a year :) 

Spoiler

Eyeballs: HTV VIVE  - AOC G22460PF 144htz FS Ears: Logitech G933 - Logitech Z901 Case: CORSAIR CARBIDE 600C CPU: Broadwell-E  i7 6850K cooled by Corsair H80i GT Hydro Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX X99 RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 MHz GPU: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Storage: 1TB Samsung 850 EVO 2.5" SSD & SATA 6Gb PSU: CORSAIR 850W RMx Fingertips: Logitech G810. G700s, Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2, ClubSport Steering Wheel Universal Hub, Wheel Rim GT, ClubSport Pedals V3, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5 . Bottom: GT OMEGA STEERING WHEEL STAND & REAR SEAT FRAME with GT OMEGA RACING RS9 SEAT + SLIDERS 

He meant 12,000 DPI, not 1200, but you don't ever want to use more than 3500.

You'll usually start seeing minor jitter (not when stationary) once you go past 4000, and while 12000 works (and is EXTREMELY responsive), there's too much jitter as it's just far too sensitive...on some surfaces, you would see it even not moving the mouse (it would only stop when the sensor goes into low power state, and manual movement puts it in high power right away).  This isn't a fault of the sensor at all; it's just impossible to make a super high DPI mouse not jitter, without adding processing, which creates lag and destroys precision.  So stay at 3500 DPI or below for best results.  3500 DPI is fine if you are a very high sensitivity player, but most people will use 800 or 1600 dpi.

On 15/06/2016 at 0:57 PM, DominicNikon said:

how is the Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum? is the mouse any better then the gigabyte krypton mouse? or would the g502 be better?

Depends on how much they cost.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

12 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Depends on how much they cost.

g900 139.99 g502 79.99 USD

1 minute ago, DominicNikon said:

g900 139.99 g502 79.99 USD

I wouldn't pay the extra for the G900. But that's me. If you need the extra features of the G900, go for it.

1 minute ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

I wouldn't pay the extra for the G900. But that's me. If you need the extra features of the G900, go for it.

i never had a wireless mouse. do you think getting one thats wireless is worth it because i never had one before?

5 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

i never had a wireless mouse. do you think getting one thats wireless is worth it because i never had one before?

Probably not. The wire on the G502 is braided, so you won't quite notice it.

3 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Probably not. The wire on the G502 is braided, so it won't quite notice it.

also i randomly found $5 last night so i do have the money for a g900 now

1 minute ago, DominicNikon said:

also i randomly found $5 last night so i do have the money for a g900 now

Your money, your call ;)

10 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Definitely an upgrade.

is the g900 and g502 good for right hand users?

7 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Grip type?

Weight preference?

Use case?

Need more than 2 side buttons?

grip type i dont know 

weight i dont know

use for gaming and normal pc use

i dont need more then 2 side buttons 

On 6/18/2016 at 11:42 AM, Falkentyne said:

He meant 12,000 DPI, not 1200, but you don't ever want to use more than 3500.

Indeed I did! Good spot. The higher DPI is not only about sensitivity it is also a consideration with multi VDU options. Most (I say most, I should say a majority) now use 4K monitors, a small section of those may even use three monitors. Imagine the lift and re move on mice that only travel at 1600 dpi. I prefer fast movement over a screen and always tut at myself when I have to lift off and move over to complete a manure. 

Spoiler

Eyeballs: HTV VIVE  - AOC G22460PF 144htz FS Ears: Logitech G933 - Logitech Z901 Case: CORSAIR CARBIDE 600C CPU: Broadwell-E  i7 6850K cooled by Corsair H80i GT Hydro Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX X99 RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 MHz GPU: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Storage: 1TB Samsung 850 EVO 2.5" SSD & SATA 6Gb PSU: CORSAIR 850W RMx Fingertips: Logitech G810. G700s, Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2, ClubSport Steering Wheel Universal Hub, Wheel Rim GT, ClubSport Pedals V3, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5 . Bottom: GT OMEGA STEERING WHEEL STAND & REAR SEAT FRAME with GT OMEGA RACING RS9 SEAT + SLIDERS 

If you are right handed, I would wait. For me personally, is much better Proteus Core due to the fact, that it is not ambidextrous.

G4MING RIG - CPU: i7 5930K  Cooling: Custom Loop  MOBO: Asus Rampage V Extreme  GPU: EVGA 980 Ti GTX Classified  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 16 GB  SSD: Samsung 840 Pro  PSU: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W Platinum Certified  Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX II  CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo  PERIPHERALS: Das Keyboard Ultimate 4, Logitech G502 Proteus Core, Sennheiser G4ME One, B&W MM-1, ROG SWIFT

Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2012CPU: i7 2,7 GHz  GPU: GT 650M,  RAM: 16GB,  SSD: 512GB

I'll just put it this way it's really good! Plus it's ambidextrous. You can switch up the side buttons as they are magnetic.