[Updated after Announcement] Microsoft announces XBox One S at E3

Damn I should've sold my old Xbox One before this happened! 

Xbox Conference was Boring as HELL. damn i fel in sleep. Every same year the Same and Same games....

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

17 hours ago, Ze_Mako said:

I left the company two months ago so I'm not sure if anything has changed since, but if it all went according to plan then here is what I can say..

PC gamers, we're listening (sort of).

*This is only regarding the controller and nothing else as I cannot comment on anything regarding software or console hardware

anything ive missed about this controller?

5 minutes ago, Xsilent(X) said:

Xbox Conference was Boring as HELL. damn i fel in sleep. Every same year the Same and Same games....

WHAT?! It was the first presentation in 3-4 years that caught my attention. FUN games, and Microsoft understood, that PC gamers aren't going to get a PC. And for those who don't want to break their head with PC, or an easy system to carry and move, and plug on a large TV. So just about every game showed are from Microsoft / published by Microsoft, and coming to Windows 10.

Seems like people are getting confused about the Xbox One S and Project Scoprio. The Xbox One S is just a slimmer version of the Xbox One that is releasing this year. Its smaller, bulit-in power supply, has a 4K bluray player and HDMI 2.0 for the 4K content (from player/media). Project Scoprio is the "upgraded" Xbox One that will be releasing in 2017. Project Scoprio is the console that is said to have 4K gaming with 6 TFLOPs of GPU power.

My PC Specs: Corsair HAF XB Case - i5 3570K CPU @ 4.2 GHz - Asus P8Z77-V Pro/Thunderbolt Motherboard - 16GB Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600 MHz (4 x 4GB) RAM - Corsair Enthusiast TX650M 650W PSU - Nvidia GT 520 1GB Video Card (Upgrading Soon) - Samsung 840 250GB SSD (Boot + Some Programs) - Seagate 1TB Barracuda SATA3 HDD (Main Storage) - Hitachi 250GB Laptop HDD (Recording Storage, old HDD) - Hitachi 320GB HDD (Random Storage, old HDD) - Asus PB238Q 23" LCD IPS Monitor (Main) - Acer AL2017 20" LCD Monitor (Secondary) - Logitech Z623 Computer Speaker - Blue Snowball Microphone - Logitech K120 Keyboard - Lenovo Mouse

3 minutes ago, Ethernet said:

Seems like people are getting confused about the Xbox One S and Project Scoprio. The Xbox One S is just a slimmer version of the Xbox One that is releasing this year. Its smaller, bulit-in power supply, has a 4K bluray player and HDMI 2.0 for the 4K content (from player/media). Project Scoprio is the "upgraded" Xbox One that will be releasing in 2017. Project Scoprio is the console that is said to have 4K gaming with 6 TFLOPs of GPU power.

I'll add this in Original Post.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

3 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

PSU inside the console.

XBox Controller is wireless and bluetooth for extended range.

No info on specs. Price is 299$ console

Is that the only change to the controller?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

10 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Textured grip, the bluetooth adds range and native PC compatibility, probably some minor tweaks to buttons etc.

12 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

Textured grip, the bluetooth adds range and native PC compatibility, probably some minor tweaks to buttons etc.

So it will have xbox 360 controller-like compatibility, but only through bluetooth?  Or through the cable as well?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

28 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Apparently. But it is useless to buy an XBox One Slim.. all the new games (beside coming out on Windows 10), are coming up in late 2017. So by that time, just get the new XBox One.

7 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

So it will have xbox 360 controller-like compatibility, but only through bluetooth?  Or through the cable as well?

I have no idea. Microsoft just seemed excited to say that the new controller was PC compatible without buying a USB adapter for wireless connectivity.

If the current X1 controller can connect to the PC with a cable, then this one can. If it can't, then probably not since it wasn't mentioned.

Latency and interference aside, wireless is what everyone wants, so I'm guessing it's not a priority.

Looks better, but I still wouldn't buy an xbox. I don't see why I should buy one when I have a PC. Sony, on the other hand, has some pretty nice exclusives ( God damn it I want Bloodborne!).

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

10 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

I have no idea. Microsoft just seemed excited to say that the new controller was PC compatible without buying a USB adapter for wireless connectivity.

If the current X1 controller can connect to the PC with a cable, then this one can. If it can't, then probably not since it wasn't mentioned.

Latency and interference aside, wireless is what everyone wants, so I'm guessing it's not a priority.

15 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Apparently. But it is useless to buy an XBox One Slim.. all the new games (beside coming out on Windows 10), are coming up in late 2017. So by that time, just get the new XBox One.

Well I play wired anyway so unless there was some significant change to the buttons or something I don't really care what they do with the wireless options.  thanks :)

10 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

The new controller will feature Bluetooth for the PC. I think the Xbox One S will use part of the Bluetooth for more range but the Bluetooth connectivity is going to replace the USB dongle you had to buy to use your Xbox One controller with your PC wireless. You should still be able to connect it through a cable as you will still be able to on the Xbox One (charging and playing).

My PC Specs: Corsair HAF XB Case - i5 3570K CPU @ 4.2 GHz - Asus P8Z77-V Pro/Thunderbolt Motherboard - 16GB Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600 MHz (4 x 4GB) RAM - Corsair Enthusiast TX650M 650W PSU - Nvidia GT 520 1GB Video Card (Upgrading Soon) - Samsung 840 250GB SSD (Boot + Some Programs) - Seagate 1TB Barracuda SATA3 HDD (Main Storage) - Hitachi 250GB Laptop HDD (Recording Storage, old HDD) - Hitachi 320GB HDD (Random Storage, old HDD) - Asus PB238Q 23" LCD IPS Monitor (Main) - Acer AL2017 20" LCD Monitor (Secondary) - Logitech Z623 Computer Speaker - Blue Snowball Microphone - Logitech K120 Keyboard - Lenovo Mouse

19 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

It's only useless if you already have a Xbox One or are willing to wait until late 2017 for Project Scorpio. For people who don't want to wait, its a good deal since it's cheaper than the original Xbox One price tag ($500 for 500GB/1TB).

6 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

PSU inside the console.

XBox Controller is wireless and bluetooth for extended range.

No info on specs. Price is 299$ console

NIce! I was expecting $599....

Specs are probably Polaris 10 (RX 480) and AMD Zen .........

8GB GDDR5,

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

10 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

NIce! I was expecting $599....

Specs are probably Polaris 10 (RX 480) and AMD Zen .........

8GB GDDR5,

From what I can tell, this one will have the same specs as the current Xbone. So no new GPU or CPU.

Just smaller, with a bigger HDD and 4K video playback.

The verge is talking about the Xbox line being known for bulky PSU...but its the fucking 360 and Xbone (non S) with that problem, and the Xbone should have been smaller than the Xbox Original in the first place.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

12 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

From what I can tell, this one will have the same specs as the current Xbone. So no new GPU or CPU.

Just smaller, with a bigger HDD and 4K video playback.

What???!!!

this is stupid.

they need to make a faster Xbone!

the current one is a potato

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

What???!!!

this is stupid.

they need to make a faster Xbone!

the current one is a potato

A very sad potato. Once that won't be bought unless my 3x spare Xbox DVD drive spontaneously die (I've literally had 3x Samsung drives (2 different revisions, all 2003-2005) die already, with a 4th on its way out while the Thompson drive from my 2/10/2003 (assembly date-m/d/y) Xbox is still working perfectly after all these years.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

So this is confirmed 4K BDRom?!?! In that case this is a must buy for me!!! It will compliment my 4K tv perfectly.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

On 6/12/2016 at 3:40 PM, evilarceus said:

Xbox 360 upgrade: White to Black

Xbox One upgrade: Black to White

i see what you did there ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

so michael jackson is the xbox one?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

8 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

so michael jackson is the xbox one?

Nah. I think they wanted to change it around for no reason.

3 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Nah. I think they wanted to change it around for no reason.

Unless it's just an ugly design, doing something different than what has been done before (like just taking the same design and changing the colour) often looks good just because it's new and different.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Unless it's just an ugly design, doing something different than what has been done before (like just taking the same design and changing the colour) often looks good just because it's new and different.

It'll be new for me once they update the potato gpu......

this isn't a big change like I was expecting