in csgo for 144hz do you run vsync OFF or ON?

alihazzi7

in csgo for 144hz do you run vsync OFF or ON? with vsync i get 130fps with a 144hz monitor with it off i get 500-600fps

Turn off Vsync on source games, when I played HL2 and enabled vsync there was latency, Linus also commented about latency with vsync with L4D. 

3 minutes ago, alihazzi7 said:

in csgo for 144hz do you run vsync OFF or ON? with vsync i get 130fps with a 144hz monitor with it off i get 500-600fps

I would check your display drivers to see if you can cap the framerate at 144 Hz... though many CS:GO players will intentionally run at hundreds of FPS to get the lowest latency.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

keep it off, vsync will cause input lag. uncapped frame rate will increase your cpu/gpu temps though. 

in steam you can cap the fps with console commands in many games without vsync ;)

was something like t.maxfps xxnumberxx

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

Never use vsync for an FPS unless there's an obvious amount of screen tearing, the input lag is there, no matter how slight it may be.

Spoiler

Never use Vsync at all unless you have a major screen tearing issue. It neuters your fps and creates latency. Most CS:GO players run with an fps of at least 400 to get the lowest possible latency.

15 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

I would check your display drivers to see if you can cap the framerate at 144 Hz... though many CS:GO players will intentionally run at hundreds of FPS to get the lowest latency.

Also improves hit reg as the server updates faster.  CSGO and 1.6 share similar network connections (linked to screen refresh rates).