What's the best small speakers for music production

swtscp

From what i got right now is the MS16 by Behringer.

If you guys have other ideas feel free to tell me 

thanks

Price would help. Studio monitors can be had for $150 upwards to thousands a piece.

32 minutes ago, swtscp said:

well the Ms16 are like 125

Yeah but what are you wanting / willing to spend

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

11 hours ago, swtscp said:

From what i got right now is the MS16 by Behringer.

If you guys have other ideas feel free to tell me 

thanks

KRK Rokit 4s $139.50 each

Persons Eris 4.5s $199.95 pair

Mackie CR4s $150 pair

The KRKs are the best out of the bunch. The CR4s are good for their price and the Persons Eris 4.5s are good if you want to get an audio interface as well. If you're looking for 5 inch monitors go KRK or M-Audio but avoid the BX5 Carbons and JBL.

20 hours ago, WasThatDave said:

KRK Rokit 4s $139.50 each

Persons Eris 4.5s $199.95 pair

Mackie CR4s $150 pair

The KRKs are the best out of the bunch. The CR4s are good for their price and the Persons Eris 4.5s are good if you want to get an audio interface as well. If you're looking for 5 inch monitors go KRK or M-Audio but avoid the BX5 Carbons and JBL.

I would heartily disagree on KRK being the best of the bunch, because of the bigger models having awfully inaccurate low end, however with a 5 inch driver, they'll probably do okay. If you haven't treated your room, there's not a lot of point making serious mixing decisions no matter how much you spend. Personally, I'd pick up the Presonus Eris E5s, and check your low end on headphones.

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

On June 10, 2016 at 11:03 AM, bchampion96 said:

I would heartily disagree on KRK being the best of the bunch, because of the bigger models having awfully inaccurate low end, however with a 5 inch driver, they'll probably do okay. If you haven't treated your room, there's not a lot of point making serious mixing decisions no matter how much you spend. Personally, I'd pick up the Presonus Eris E5s, and check your low end on headphones.

Yeah KRKs are the best in their price range from five to 8 inch driver sizes. If you can afford it the HS8s are better but not by much. Presonus are ok but they're not horribly accurate. 8inch driver sizes don't get good until you venture into the realm of Exposes, Focal, or Dynaudio. If you don't have the money for those and have 5 inch monitors pick up a Yamaha or KRK studio sub until you can afford the higher end stuff. But for 5inch sizes the KRKs are the best I've used in that price range. I wouldn't go Eris 5s just because they cause more ear fatigue and their woofers tend to rot after a year or so. KRK and M-Audio have the best 5inch monitors. But M-Audios BX5 Carbons are awful. If you don't have a sub headphones work fine if you have a good pair.