Will the perfect android smartphone ever exist?

Will the perfect android smartphone ever exist?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Will the perfect android smartphone ever exist?

• Yes
    • No
    • Almost/close
    • In 2026

One device that is/has:Less than 150grams, 3500+ mah batt, 4k screen 5.1"+, 64GB internal/1Tb sd expansion, made for mobile gaming, software and hardware buttons just like on oneplus phones, less than 9mm, 4k 16megapixel cam back/1080 8+ megapixel front, shatter-proof gorilla glass screen, front facing speakers, VR ready, nfc, ac 100mbs+ wifi, usb-c/microusb (both), $700 or less cad. Feel free to add to the spec list

By virtue of it running android alone, by definition the answer is "no" for me.

And I don't like iOS either so don't get any ideas :P

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

5 minutes ago, CraftyMiner88 said:

One device that is/has:Less than 150grams, 3500+ mah batt, 4k screen 5.1"+, 64GB internal/1Tb sd expansion, made for mobile gaming, software and hardware buttons just like on oneplus phones, less than 9mm, 4k 16megapixel cam back/1080 8+ megapixel front, shatter-proof gorilla glass screen, front facing speakers, VR ready, nfc, ac 100mbs+ wifi, usb-c/microusb (both), $700 or less cad. Feel free to add to the spec list

i think a 4k screen is irrelevant the amout of battery draining would be insane, and that would trade off to a huge battery bringing unevenness to the size of the phone

I would be happy for a 1080p 5.5inch screen

Probs not, I have yet to find a perfect one, always a flaw in every single one. And the bandwagon keeps on going.

No since everyones definition of a perfect smartphone is different. For me 4.5" screen is perfect and 4k useless.

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

4 minutes ago, CraftyMiner88 said:

Given how the tech progress, within 20-30 years from now we may play Crysis 3 on a 4k+ mobile screen at 60+fps, AND the batterry will still be 3000mAh...

Seriously, what I consider a perfect smartphone would be one current spec but with battery that can last for atleast 2 days of continuous use, also if it dont heat up it would be nice, especially for mobile VR. I own a Note 4 with a modded GearVR CV so for alot of games and app it got heat up so quickly that the GearVR clock down the CPU and everything become 10fps mess

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

6 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

By virtue of it running android alone, by definition the answer is "no" for me.

And I don't like iOS either so don't get any ideas :P

What would you like it to run then?

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

15 minutes ago, CraftyMiner88 said:

c'est impossible!
i mean if you had a small loan of a million dollars, you could probably make one of these for yourself but i'd doubt you have a million dollars.

but my dream phone would be:

150g+ (I like heft, knowing it won't fly out of my hand if 20km wind blows at me)

10k battery

5.7" note 5 quality screen

256gb internal (Apples nVME controller)

Software and hardware buttons also

1cm thick, i like it a bit thicker and more battery

Fuck it, the camera is a DSLR.

Selfie camera? DSLR quality.

Shatter proof gorilla glass screen

-waterproof

front facing speakers

nfc

lte-a

ac 1500mb (something like that)

usb0c

touch id v2

runs ios 9.0.2 (not updatable to the latest, only the latest iOS that is jailbreakable)

runs latest android, like a nexus phone.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, I am an SSD said:

Probably Windows or Linux , like actual OS, not mobile OS would be nice :P

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

your own perfect phone ? maybe a overall one no as everyone has different opinions 

Just now, Megazero said:

Probably Windows or Linux , like actual OS, not mobile OS would be nice :P

Stock android is getting better and better though. More refined looking and a lot a flexibility .....its going in the right direction. 

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, I am an SSD said:

I wish something existed that I could point to, because then I would have an option when looking for a smart phone xD

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 minutes ago, I am an SSD said:

Stock android is getting better and better though. More refined looking and a lot a flexibility .....its going in the right direction. 

I find that the "refinedness" that stock android and the updates in Google account attached apps that comes along with it make Android more similar to IOS with every update

Just now, FourCorners said:

I find that the "refinedness" that stock android and the updates in Google account attached apps that comes along with it make Android more similar to IOS with every update

Eh that depends on the way you look at it...the existence of a proper file manager itself on android sells it for me

Spoiler

If the S7 had an A9 soc and dualbooted iOS, then that would be the perfect phone.

Also, consider that i dont know they actually make parts that hardly use any power at all

And that they could just make a phone that has everything, that doesnt mean people have to use the features

Just now, kurahk7 said:

If the S7 had an A9 soc and dualbooted iOS, then that would be the perfect phone.

Why would you dual boot iOS?

Spoiler

42 minutes ago, CraftyMiner88 said:

SNIP

The S7 active is pretty close to those, at least in the right direction

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

15 minutes ago, I am an SSD said:

Why would you dual boot iOS?

Much better OS to use and the better apps. I switched from a 5s to the S7 and find myself missing a lot of iOS features and refinements that are just missing in android. 

2 hours ago, CraftyMiner88 said:

The OS would need to drastically improve in the way a Linux Distro couldn't.

Well... Sort of...

In 2010, the iPhone 6S Plus and Galaxy S7 Edge would sent from heaven, and no one in the world you complain with anything. But now that we are in 2016, they don't seem as great as they would in 2010. Again, if we got a phone now, from 2026, it would be perfect, but when that time comes, all of our demands to a smartphone will be completely different. All what we think is cool now, will be taking for granted, and then, we will maybe expect holograms, and maybe it will be a little contact lens on your eye, or levitating right in front of you while you walk.

So no matter what, our expectations will move faster than the phones.

5 hours ago, kurahk7 said:

But only, as long you run iOS on it.

2 Cores are simply Not enough for Android. No matter how strong the Cores are. See the Nexus 9 from late 2014. 1900~ points in geekbench, Dual Core SoC.

Multitasking almost impossible, it LAGS as hell when you do something in the background, like updating 1 simple App. Even just when doing nothing, the UI stutters sometimes.

After switching to a Pixel C (4 cores, 1420~ points Single Core each), it flies MUCH faster.

iPhones might run perfectly with 2 Cores.

But for Android Flaggships, i expect at least 4 Cores, better 8 (different Clusters, to have the best performance / Efficiency in every situation).

The S7 comes close to Perfection tho.. at least, Closer than every other phone, except the S7 Edge (that's also the conclusion ofn many reviewers, so this isnt just fanboying around).

Changes that would make it Perfekt:

- Future tweaks on the software. Faster, snappyer, more consistent performance over a long period of time. Not having to reboot or shutdown some apps when they start "draining battery in the Background". Tweaks like not having to sort manually after every app in Touch wiz launcher. Such QoL things.

Maybe even more customization options.

This also includes Monthly Security Updates like Google wants to, and also new Android versions (big updates). They don#t need to come after 4 days. 1 or maybe 2 months later is "okay", but updates for not just 18 Months, but at least 3 whole Years (like iOS....)

- Optimized Speaker arrangement. Maybe a front facing speaker at the Top for better multimedia experience. Doesnt have to be stereo, depending of the Screen/body ratio, and if theres a Home Button, and if there is the Fingerprint sensor.

- Smaller bezels / better screen-body-ratio

- Maximize Battery capacity, if that's possible.

- Better DAC/Amplifier on the Headphone Jack. For the Audiophile people, who want to use their 400 € in-ear-monitors, or 400€+ hifi headphones.

- Source Codes for the hardware --> Custom Rom support!

- Maybe an optional Firmware from samsung, that's built on stock Android, without Touch Wiz. so everyone can chose what he wants. Just keep the good parts in, like Screenshot funktion, Samsung Pay, Camera App, etc)

- At least the same Built quality. Aluminium (+ maybe glas. Glas or Aluminium at the back is just a matter of taste, so im happy with both), but a very HIGH quality built quality, no Gaps anywhere. I don't give a sh** about a removeable battery, as 99% of all users never change it anyway. And i don't (Power bank > Removeable battery)

- Keep ip68 + SD Slot. Because why not. 

- Maybe some more stuff, that i can't think of yet.