Sometimes see duplicate of a post even though it wasn't a duplicate

AlTech

so sometimes on Mobile when looking at one of your posts on your profile page, it may show duplicates but if you try to hide one the. Both are hidden.

please fix this. thanks :)

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

When you say posts, do you mean status updates?

HTTP/2 203

19 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

I have this happen also, but instead, actual posts

Like I would see a duplicated but when I refresh it is gone

happens rarely to me though

on chrome, no longer firefox (ff is shti compared to chrome, I'll admit that) @Enderman happy? xD 

Well, now you're reading this, I might as well inspire you with a deep quote

If you fall, I'll be there

- Floor

so inspiring, so deep, the feels ;-;  THE FEELS ;-;

Newer Build which I'm gonna buy when I haz moneyz

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£0.00)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£25.98 @ Novatech)
Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 GAMING ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£78.10 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£0.00)
Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£29.76 @ Ebuyer)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£0.00)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Video Card  (£179.99 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Corsair 780T ATX Full Tower Case  (£149.99 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£70.97 @ Amazon UK)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For £0.00)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  (£59.00 @ Amazon UK)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  (£24.99 @ Amazon UK)
Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  (£184.99 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £803.77

somethings says '£0.00' because I already bought them

probably best remix out there

If I follow you, consider your self lucky, I rarely follow people and when I do it's either because

1) I look up to you

2)I like your picture

3) Or you have an epic ass rig (40 titan x's 9 6700k's clocked at 29GHz that is what I call a epic ass rig, but no one has that soo...)

15 minutes ago, LynxThe1st said:

I have this happen also, but instead, actual posts

Like I would see a duplicated but when I refresh it is gone

happens rarely to me though

on chrome, no longer firefox (ff is shti compared to chrome, I'll admit that) @Enderman happy? xD 

Is this when looking at your profile, or when viewing a topic, and clicking the notification about there being new replies to the topic? Or somewhere else entirely?

I have one possible idea, but I would need a link to a topic (/profile/etc) where it has happened to validate it.

HTTP/2 203

9 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Is this when looking at your profile, or when viewing a topic, and clicking the notification about there being new replies to the topic? Or somewhere else entirely?

I have one possible idea, but I would need a link to a topic (/profile/etc) where it has happened to validate it.

viewing a topic mostly, like I would be looking at a topic

some has replied while I was repling

and then when  I post my reply and refresh the page, there are 2 of their posts

so I refresh it again and it is gone

it is like a ghost!  if I try to rate it or something, it won't save :P 

- Floor

CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£25.98 @ Novatech)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£70.97 @ Amazon UK)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  (£24.99 @ Amazon UK)

If I follow you, consider your self lucky, I rarely follow people and when I do it's either because

1) I look up to you

2)I like your picture

3) Or you have an epic ass rig (40 titan x's 9 6700k's clocked at 29GHz that is what I call a epic ass rig, but no one has that soo...)

2 hours ago, LynxThe1st said:

viewing a topic mostly, like I would be looking at a topic

some has replied while I was repling

and then when  I post my reply and refresh the page, there are 2 of their posts

so I refresh it again and it is gone

it is like a ghost!  if I try to rate it or something, it won't save :P 

How often does this happen? I can't think of any way that it would be possible based on how you've described it...

HTTP/2 203

16 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

How often does this happen? I can't think of any way that it would be possible based on how you've described it...

it is very rare for me but I am not sure about op

- Floor

1) I look up to you

2)I like your picture

5 minutes ago, LynxThe1st said:

it is very rare for me but I am not sure about op

IDK I posted this straight after it happened once. It might be quite rare.

I'll try it out now and see.

Edit: oops nvm

22 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Oh it is possible.

For me it find it most in status updates

EDIT: I know this won't sound helpful. But It's really hard to replicate. If I see it again, i'll screenshot it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

23 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Yeah status updates.

If I make a thread somewhere on the forum it might sometimes show as 2 in the feed even though I only made one.

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

Yeah status updates.

If I make a thread somewhere on the forum it might sometimes show as 2 in the feed even though I only made one.

So you're saying that it happens in the same way for topics and status updates - you occasionally get two copies of it on your profile (or is it in the "My Activity" section, or both), or am I completely misunderstanding?

Next time it happens, can you save the page (right click -> save as -> Web Page, HTML only (or HTML, complete)) and PM it to me? I'm not sure if it will help, but it's worth a try.

HTTP/2 203

2 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

So you're saying that it happens in the same way for topics and status updates - you occasionally get two copies of it on your profile (or is it in the "My Activity" section, or both), or am I completely misunderstanding?

Next time it happens, can you save the page (right click -> save as -> Web Page, HTML only (or HTML, complete)) and PM it to me? I'm not sure if it will help, but it's worth a try.

Yeah it can be both status updates and topics. And I have only seen it on the profile.

I get something similar to this when I'm on mobile version. I will quote a message by someone else and for some reason it quotes the previous message above it or another post I have made.

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

58 minutes ago, Brennan_Price said:

I get something similar to this when I'm on mobile version. I will quote a message by someone else and for some reason it quotes the previous message above it or another post I have made.

If you have previously quoted that post, then decided not to submit it, it gets saved in the editor so you can recover your post if you accidentally left the page, which may be what you're experiencing. If not, it is a different issue to the one discussed in this thread, so can you start a new topic for it, so that I can track the issues more easily.

HTTP/2 203

18 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

think he might be talking about something like this:

Spoiler

TqIrtQI.png

This was like a week ago but forgot to do anything about it :P (yes, that was like at 75% zoom xD). 

edit: Also, I agreed with the first post but the second post I didn't agree to (someone else did) so I was suspecting it was an actual double post.

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

3 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

think he might be talking about something like this:

Hide contents

TqIrtQI.png

This was like a week ago but forgot to do anything about it :P (yes, that was like at 75% zoom xD). 

That was an actual double post, not what is happening here where one of the posts is just disappearing when you refresh their content (though a moderator hiding the post hasn't been ruled out).

HTTP/2 203

2 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

That was an actual double post, not what is happening here where one of the posts is just disappearing when you refresh their content (though a moderator hiding the post hasn't been ruled out).

Fair enough, just couldn't see why he would post the same thing twice in the space of 15~ seconds

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

15 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

If you have previously quoted that post, then decided not to submit it, it gets saved in the editor so you can recover your post if you accidentally left the page, which may be what you're experiencing. If not, it is a different issue to the one discussed in this thread, so can you start a new topic for it, so that I can track the issues more easily.

Aha, that makes more sense because I have sometimes had issues with my phone in chrome when I accidentally click on the back button etc. Thanks for the help :)

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz