Extreme Low Profile CPU Cooler

byalexandr

It needs to cool an i5 4570, in a moderately restricted but still well ventilated case. I'm designing and fabricating something similar to this:

Steam-Machine-2.jpg

So it can't be much taller than the I/O shield. Budget is not really a concern, especially considering a cooler this small probably won't be that expensive.

Oh, the Cryorig C7 won't fit, I've read some reviews and they say it doesn't fit on my AsRock B85M-ITX as there are some caps and stuff in the way. Not sure if the NH-L9i will fit either (plus I don't like the Noctua poopy colors).

found this one, will keep looking because this one seems a bit shit but still:

http://www.akasa.com.tw/search.php?seed=AK-CC7118HP01

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

found this on toms hardware:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/low-profile-heat-sink-mini-itx,3639.html

also sorry for spamming the thread, like really

Builds:

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

found this one, will keep looking because this one seems a bit shit but still:

http://www.akasa.com.tw/search.php?seed=AK-CC7118HP01

ew

8 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

I think it's too tall still

8 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

found this on toms hardware:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/low-profile-heat-sink-mini-itx,3639.html

also sorry for spamming the thread, like really

Maybe that Zalman one at the end but it if it's taller than the Scythe one then idk

No problem tho, no one else replies.

1 minute ago, byalexandr said:

ew

Maybe that Zalman one at the end but it if it's taller than the Scythe one then idk

yah, hope you find one thats good, is it for the mini PC or some new thing?

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

yah, hope you find one thats good, is it for the mini PC or some new thing?

Not the 6.2L if you're talking about that.

I am upgrading to a GTX 1070, but that sucka won't fit in my my 6.2L rig, obviously xD

So I'm fabricating yet another case, this time with more of a console like profile and, of course, still smaller than anything on the market. And it'll fit full length GPUs this time around so my hardware choice isn't so limited.

2 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

ew

According to google the I/O shield is 44.9mm tall, therefore you have quite a lot of coolers that can fit under that height (not factoring in the mounting height, let's say that's another 10~mm): http://pcpartpicker.com/products/cpu-cooler/#h=14,33&F=0&c=24,30

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

2 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

Not the 6.2L if you're talking about that.

I am upgrading to a GTX 1070, but that sucka won't fit in my my 6.2L rig, obviously xD

So I'm fabricating yet another case, this time with more of a console like profile and, of course, still smaller than anything on the market. And it'll fit full length GPUs this time around so my hardware choice isn't so limited.

awesome, im making a pretty tiny PC right now too, not AS tiny but pretty smal, its like 40x30x25 cm or something like that, its a cardboard box btw but still lol

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, DEcobra11 said:

cmon, that steam machine can house a C7 by a landslide, even it's ventholes in the top making it taller :P

But ok, lets see <40 mm coolers, if it was a skylake i5 then no heat problems, idk about a NON refresh haswell (which bad TIM I guess):

-Noctua NH-L9I

-Scythe Kodati (rev B might be the new one IIRC)

Also there's the Kozuti, which is exactly 40 mm xD and might be a thing to consider, fan should be reversable to blow up in case you plan to make ventholes in the side panel

-Silverstone SST-AR05

-Cooltek/and whatever the other brand that produces it too was ITX30

It's not the height, it's my mobo.

I would get an NH-L9i if the fan wasn't so ugly.

2 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

According to google the I/O shield is 44.9mm tall, therefore you have quite a lot of coolers that can fit under that height (not factoring in the mounting height, let's say that's another 10~mm): http://pcpartpicker.com/products/cpu-cooler/#h=14,33&F=0&c=24,30

It can be a bit taller. Maybe I should just stick with my stock cooler?

12 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

It can be a bit taller. Maybe I should just stick with my stock cooler?

Well, you can try the stock cooler and if that doesn't fit you will have two options, 1. New cooler, 2. Make case slightly bigger.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

42 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

It needs to cool an i5 4570, in a moderately restricted but still well ventilated case. I'm designing and fabricating something similar to this:

Steam-Machine-2.jpg

So it can't be much taller than the I/O shield. Budget is not really a concern, especially considering a cooler this small probably won't be that expensive.

Oh, the Cryorig C7 won't fit, I've read some reviews and they say it doesn't fit on my AsRock B85M-ITX as there are some caps and stuff in the way. Not sure if the NH-L9i will fit either (plus I don't like the Noctua poopy colors).

i remeber theres a reallu low profile one by bequiet

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

If budget isn't a concern, you could try taking a trip to a local metal shop and designing one of your own. I have a friend that has done some fittings for liquid cooling for me before; it was MUCH cheaper, and I got my own designs that I wanted. I'm sure with the proper machines and a person with enough skill there, you could get something that fits into your design perfectly.

EDIT: I said budget wasn't really a concern because it wasn't a whole lot of material for the fittings, but it may cost more for a heat sink.

Edited by smittywits

what about the stock cooler?

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.