GTX 1070 or GTX 980 ti HELP

Yesterday the benchmarks for the gtx 1070 we released.So I want to upgrade but in Europe Bulgaria the gtx 1070 will be overpriced and it will cost around 500 usd and I found a gtx 980ti brand new for 400usd which one should I get ?

pc specs:

cpu: i7-6700k

16gb RAM

PSU: corsair cx750w

If you're getting a new card, get the 1070. 
There is more to the card than benchmarks. 

[CPU: 4.7ghz I5 6600k] [MBAsus Z170 Pro G] [RAM: G.Skill 2400 16GB(2x8)]

[GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 970] [PSU: XFX Pro 850W] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 500GB WD HDD / 128GB SanDisk SSD ] [Case: DeepCool Tessaract]

[Keyboard: AZIO MGK1] [Mouse: Logitech G303] [Monitor: 2 x Acer 23" 1080p IPS]

3 minutes ago, EthersYT said:

Yesterday the benchmarks for the gtx 1070 we released.So I want to upgrade but in Europe Bulgaria the gtx 1070 will be overpriced and it will cost around 500 usd and I found a gtx 980ti brand new for 400usd which one should I get ?

pc specs:

16gb RAM

Why is this even a question? 

Eat beans for a week if you have to, GTX 1070 FTW MUTHA FAKA

9 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I'd go for the 980 Ti. You can probably pick up a good used one for the same price as a Founders 1070.

Why would you, that makes no sense whatsoever. Pick up a used card thats about the same performance as the new on for the same price without warranty or any of the new tech and 2 gb less ram.. smart.. A+

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

19 minutes ago, EthersYT said:

pc specs:

16gb RAM

I really think you should wait until the dust and the prices settle in your area after the 1070 releases. Then you can make a better decision.

If you really don't need the performance (eg. gaming at 1080p in a less demanding game), just get the 980Ti, it will be dirt cheap after the 1070 debuts.

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

1 minute ago, Dzzope said:

Why would you, that makes no sense whatsoever. Pick up a used card thats about the same performance as the new on for the same price without warranty or any of the new tech and 2 gb less ram.. smart.. A+

What new shit did the 1070 introduce outside of Anvil, which is coming to the 900 series anyways.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

3 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

What new shit did the 1070 introduce outside of Anvil, which is coming to the 900 series anyways.

Simultaneous Multi-Projection or fastsync which are reliant on the hardware... regardless.. why would you pay the SAME for a card with similar performance but is used, no/less warranty and 2GB less ram... just stupid. You pay less for old tech, no matter what it cost new.

5 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

efficiency. vram. better performance. better price.

MY RIG

I5 6600k

16gb Corsair vengeance 2666mhz

MSI Gaming X 1070

WD blue 2tb

samsung 850 evo 250gb

EVGA supernova G2 650w

I guess I wasn't clear the gtx 1070 is more expensive then the gtx 980 ti and they are both brand new which one should I get.Should I save up more money and get the gtx 1070 or get the gtx 980ti and sped the rest of the money else where ?

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Efficiency is arguable.

VRAM isn't disputable.

Better performance is very vague.

Better price is also very vague.

more vram. for me its much cheaper! idk about you!

MY RIG

I5 6600k

MSI Gaming X 1070

WD blue 2tb

samsung 850 evo 250gb

EVGA supernova G2 650w

9 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Already here and goes all the way back to the 600 series.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

34 minutes ago, EthersYT said:

pc specs:

16gb RAM

I guess I wasn't clear the gtx 1070 is more expensive then the gtx 980 ti and they are both brand new which one should I get.Should I save up more money and get the gtx 1070 or get the gtx 980ti and sped the rest of the money else where ?!

5 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

More VRAM means shit when the memory bus can't even properly take advantage of 8GB of VRAM.

No need for the rudeness :P

Fair point.

MY RIG

I5 6600k

MSI Gaming X 1070

WD blue 2tb

samsung 850 evo 250gb

EVGA supernova G2 650w

4 minutes ago, EthersYT said:

I guess I wasn't clear the gtx 1070 is more expensive then the gtx 980 ti and they are both brand new which one should I get.Should I save up more money and get the gtx 1070 or get the gtx 980ti and sped the rest of the money else where ?!

Personally i'd get the 1070.

The 980Ti should continue to drop in price and as the range a stocks of 1070's fill out their prices should settle too.

I think you would be happy with either card.. Read as much about each as you can and reach your own informed decision based on price to performance.

I for one wouldn't buy just yet.. prices will keep dropping, though if they sell out of 980ti's.....

Your call your choice, is 50/50 with the price difference (is that vs a founders edition)?

It will cost around 420-480€ in EU.

So yeah ... kinda expencive. Was hoping more on 380€ or below.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

16 minutes ago, Dzzope said:

The 980Ti should continue to drop in price and as the range a stocks of 1070's fill out their prices should settle too.

I think you would be happy with either card.. Read as much about each as you can and reach your own informed decision based on price to performance.

I for one wouldn't buy just yet.. prices will keep dropping, though if they sell out of 980ti's.....

Your call your choice, is 50/50 with the price difference (is that vs a founders edition)?

Thank you for the advice.That is what I was thinking too :)(around 500usd for non founders )