Is this a good way to cool the system in The Case? (*pic inside )

keavlar

Hey guys, tell me please, you think its a goo way to cool the system inside the 760 t?

Sorry for bad picture, no photo shop  in Work Place.

760T-2.jpg

CPU - AMD 5800XMotherboard - ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING , Memory  - G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 ,

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti MSI SUPRIM X 12G,  Case - 4000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid - Tower ATX Case - Black ,

Storage - Samsung 970 EvoPlus 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB + 6TB HDD,

PSU - Corsair HX1000 , Display -  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27A 165HZ + Dell 24 UltraSharp Monitor , Cooling - Noctua NH-D15 Black , 

Keyboard - Razer Stalker , Mouse - Logitec G502 Wireless , Operating System - Win 10 Pro , 

Sound - Logitech Z906 5.1 THX Surround Sound Speaker System

I think you might have the arrow on the GPU the wrong way... it should be a red arrow pointing down if I'm not mistaken.

Anyways, yes that makes sense as a design.  Just try to make sure there is more power pulling air in than out so that the excess is pushed out through cracks in the case.  If you have more leaving than coming in, it pulls air in through said cracks and bypasses your dust filters.

Only other thing I would think about is maybe flipping that bottom fan so it goes up too - trying to push heat down is against its natural flow and might not work very well, and even if you succeed, the PSU might just suck it back up again :D

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Bottom intake, side exhaust would probably be better. Certainly less dust.

5 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I think you might have the arrow on the GPU the wrong way... it should be a red arrow pointing down if I'm not mistaken.

Anyways, yes that makes sense as a design.  Just try to make sure there is more power pulling air in than out so that the excess is pushed out through cracks in the case.  If you have more leaving than coming in, it pulls air in through said cracks and bypasses your dust filters.

Only other thing I would think about is maybe flipping that bottom fan so it goes up too - trying to push heat down is against its natural flow and might not work very well, and even if you succeed, the PSU might just suck it back up again :D

Thx, true, wasnt thinking about the part with psu , about the gpu , i am not sure my self actually XD. thx for the advise 

CPU - AMD 5800XMotherboard - ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING , Memory  - G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 ,

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti MSI SUPRIM X 12G,  Case - 4000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid - Tower ATX Case - Black ,

PSU - Corsair HX1000 , Display -  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27A 165HZ + Dell 24 UltraSharp Monitor , Cooling - Noctua NH-D15 Black , 

Keyboard - Razer Stalker , Mouse - Logitec G502 Wireless , Operating System - Win 10 Pro , 

1 minute ago, keavlar said:

Thx, true, wasnt thinking about the part with psu , about the gpu , i am not sure my self actually XD. thx for the advise 

yeah a blower card would draw in air from the case (cool, relatively speaking) and blow hot air out the back.  But by the looks of it you've got the other type of card that just blows heat into the case

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

18 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

yeah a blower card would draw in air from the case (cool, relatively speaking) and blow hot air out the back.  But by the looks of it you've got the other type of card that just blows heat into the case

Well, the picture is not mine GPU, its just to provide the way it looks inside XD. I use AMD HD7970 sapphire edition 

1 hour ago, SSL said:

Bottom intake, side exhaust would probably be better. Certainly less dust.

What you mean side exhaust ?? Back?? or front?

22 minutes ago, keavlar said:

What you mean side exhaust ?? Back?? or front?

Sorry, I thought the arrow next to the GPU was for a side panel fan.

3 minutes ago, SSL said:

Sorry, I thought the arrow next to the GPU was for a side panel fan.

Oh xD Thumbs up :)

4 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Tell me please, if i will add 3x140 mm fans on top  , as exhaust : so it makes , 2 from intake, bottom - intake , top and rear as exhaust , will it be fine, for what you described? More intake power .. 

Thx 

7 minutes ago, keavlar said:

Tell me please, if i will add 3x140 mm fans on top  , as exhaust : so it makes , 2 from intake, bottom - intake , top and rear as exhaust , will it be fine, for what you described? More intake power .. 

Thx 

you need to make the air pressure positive so you might just want to add one maybe two at the top.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

29 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

you need to make the air pressure positive so you might just want to add one maybe two at the top.

Thx

Bottom as intake, otherwise its fine.

On 31.5.2016 at 8:58 AM, Ryan_Vickers said:

All GPU fans intake towards GPU core and chipsets. Blower and oen-air differ since blower exhaust only towards rear, open-air will exhaust everywhere inside the case. Its like stock CPU cooler.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Make the bottom an intake, maybe add a single low RPM exhaust up top if temperatures suggest it's needed.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

10 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Bottom as intake, otherwise its fine.

All GPU fans intake towards GPU core and chipsets. Blower and oen-air differ since blower exhaust only towards rear, open-air will exhaust everywhere inside the case. Its like stock CPU cooler.

I know blower draws it in from the case and exhausts out the back but I was certain that the open-air cards have fans blowing outward and they just sort of pull air in from around the edges of the heatsink.  You're telling me it's the opposite direction?

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I know blower draws it in from the case and exhausts out the back but I was certain that the open-air cards have fans blowing outward and they just sort of pull air in from around the edges of the heatsink.  You're telling me it's the opposite direction?

Yes. You can check this by comparing fan blades of blower to open-air cooled card.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Yes. You can check this by comparing fan blades of blower to open-air cooled card.

Huh, well that's embarrassing :P I've never owned an open air card and everyone always talks about them blowing heat down on the PSU, so maybe you can see where the misunderstanding comes from ... :)

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

Huh, well that's embarrassing :P I've never owned an open air card and everyone always talks about them blowing heat down on the PSU, so maybe you can see where the misunderstanding comes from ... :)

I've never heard anyone but single people talk about blowing air downwards. General view here is that side exhaust case fan is best for open-air cooled card as it exhaust hot air coming from side of the card.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I've never heard anyone but single people talk about blowing air downwards. General view here is that side exhaust case fan is best for open-air cooled card as it exhaust hot air coming from side of the card.

yeah looks like it

3573246899fb475e450fbe40759bbaf7.png