Ever get stumped by simple PC problems?

When it comes to computers, I am probably the smartest guy in my neighborhood. I can overclock a CPU, troubleshoot video card problems (a bit), get rid of malware, diagnose memory problems with memtest, ect. ect. I also consider myself a smart PC builder because I know what to look for when buying parts. I know what is compatible with what, I know what is best for price/performance, and I know what is marketing mumbo jumbo.

But, there was a problem I was having with my printers this morning. My mom keeps forgetting which printer to print from because they have their codenames on there like "EpsonWorkforce630//" and "Canonmg3200." As you can see, it is easy for a 60 year old grandma to forget which printer is where and how to set up the default printer. And I am tired of waking up at 8:00 A.M. to the sounds of my printer in my room printing out coupons for the fabric store and chili recipes. So I decided to fix it and rename the printers "Patrick's Printer" and "Basement Printer."

The only problem was, I had no idea how to do this. I never had to do this before because I am tech literate and I never have problems like this. I always know which printer is which. So I actually opened the "Help and Support" program like a noob. That didn't really help much so I went online and looked up a step by step tutorial. I had to go to Microsoft's actual help site and look it up there. I felt like a total noob and I thought to myself that if I had trouble simple renaming a printer then how the hell am I going to get a network+ and security+ certification?

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

I'm to ashamed to confes them here :P 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

I don't think that's a problem, I'm pretty sure everyone here looks up tech troubles on google on a daily bases, at least I know I do. I don't see what the big deal is.. That's how you learn.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Well, it's normal for me. I think that's what separates us from the tech illiterate, we actually try to search how to fix or do stuff while they whine and complain because sh** isn't working.

Good enough.

A Bluescreen. So simple, but such a pain in the ass. Lord knows I'm still trying to solve a 0x50 that pops up once every one or two days.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

A bsod on which says: a error occoured while derping arround sector 999x8345ox908t897ysc79898sf798xy9adsfpčoCVM_-<PGKPEGJPSJDVUIDFHZ78ZERHJ6TR97GZDHIUGEDHGFIDZVHRIUGJLADFVHZUDXGGEKNVKJDSNĐVHSDHVNDKNVZCXHIBVDFNOBFXIDBIXFNBFDXKJVBDNJCFNM
Doesnt scare you?

I was completely stuck on why word kept freezing when I went to print something. I took my like a whole of 30 minutes on word troubleshooting, downloading and deleting files and research to notice my printer drivers weren't loaded.

I was very ashamed of myself.

Error: 410

26462952.jpg

My confession in a meme.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I was trying to update my drivers for my 7790 about 4 months ago and every time i went to install them W8 would crash and say Blah Blah had failed, and then when trying to install 13.8 (13.9 sticks my core clock at 300) i realized that you actually need to uninstall the old drivers before installing the new ones......DERP

I'm the Forum Owl

*Who*

Some time ago I opened up my laptop to clean it out, once I tried to turn it on it kept crashing at the windows-joining-dots-start-up thing. It took me five days to figure out that it was because I reset the bios which turns on AHCI mode, so it works fine now.

"No signature"

Oh yeah. I have a colour laser printer that I still haven't been able to get working. Thankfully, toner doesn't dry out.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/