Don't Let Friends Play On Your Rig.....

10 hours ago, Atmos said:

Naw his rig survived. Though, I definitely took a chunk out of his cards lifespan with that bit of, revenge.

It thermal throttled into the floor, and even then never got too hot, the 960 runs pretty damn efficiently with what its given.

Well now it seams to big stuck at bloody 540 MHz even with afterburiner at stock....

Systems built (personal) | 1. Bad Wolf (Has passed on to PC Heaven): https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/zX9WGX |  2. Red Husky: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/Mwhypg

Systems built (for commission) | 1. Red Fox: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/W4LD4D | 2. Not Namedhttp://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/TMhqqs 3. Bad Wolf 2.0: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/7p8Ycf upgraded Bad Wolf to an I3-7100 for my friend as a gift|

1 hour ago, KB_TheDireWolf said:

Well now it seams to big stuck at bloody 540 MHz even with afterburiner at stock....

My card did that once after messing with it.  Reboot fixed it

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

On May 30, 2016 at 2:04 AM, KB_TheDireWolf said:

that my GTX 960 didn't crash on him.....

I will never let him on it again.....

System
icker.com/b/nFVYcf

Wait did that over clock actually work?

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

grr, can't figure out how to copy & paste quotes from another post window.  Is there a way to turn off the "pretty display" when composing a post and copy and paste the actual HTML / UBB formatting?

On 5/29/2016 at 11:13 PM, KB_TheDireWolf said:

He is my neighbor....

He is the closest thing I've had to a friend in a very long time. past bullying and Aspergers suck when you want to talk to people for the first time and try to make a relationship. 

On 5/29/2016 at 11:34 PM, Atmos said:

Aspergers sucks man, have a cousin who's got it. Made college for him a living hell.

Best thing you can do is be perpetually out of your comfort zone, until you find a new way to be comfortable.

Anyway, back on topic, YEA... At a lan once one of my... acquaintances used my machine while I was off building a hackintosh and fucked with my custom fan curves, disabled my fuckin crossfire, and isntalled like three mofukin games sucking up the last of my ssd space.

I got back at him of course, unplugging the fan splitter from his gpu and plugging one of his case fans into the header. I still remember him screaming... "WHAT THE F*CK, WHY IS MY DAMN FPS SO BAAAAAAAAAAAAAD" while trying to play cod or some bullshit.

On 5/30/2016 at 11:27 AM, KB_TheDireWolf said:

Did you kill his GPU doing that?

My Asperger's is relatively mild, am a pretty normal person. I just always don't know how to approach people and keep a conversation going. Not many have the same interest as me, am a big history buff and love WW 1 and 2 most find that crap boring, love old cars: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/109303867442757784823/albums/6161964238351546577 most like the new crap tuner cars, firearms I would like to get into, but its just $280 Canadian just to get a license, most get scared by that......

Also I just find peoples logic really wired to me at times.

On 5/30/2016 at 11:55 AM, Citadelen said:

I have Asperger's as well, and for a time I really didnt have any friends. So I know how it feels, and can say if you find a way to alter your behaviour, it gets better. It took me a while, but now I'm pretty much friends with everyone, and have an amazing boyfriend. So I can say, it does get better.

I have Asperger's myself too.  And bullying hurts, especially when it comes from a place I would least expect it - church. :(  It was mostly in my childhood and into my teens, whereas now they don't do that anymore.  (It was mostly verbal bullying, never physical.)  Now a lot of people seem to ignore me.

Some of my interests include computer tech (why do you think I'm on this forum?), music (can you guess from my screen name?), photography, maybe a few other things.  When I was a child things would come and go, like interest in caltrans freeway systems, fans (the things that blow air around), and other things.

Speaking of messing with other people's computers, sometimes in the past my brother has gone on friends' computers and cranked their internet security settings WAY up, so NOTHING would work. :(

16 minutes ago, PianoPlayer88Key said:

-snip-

I fucking despise Religion.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

I actually despise "religion" too, but not from the same perspective.  Other than to say that I believe the Bible (which to me is distinct from "religion"), I will hold my peace on that unless genuinely asked.

the kind of friends i have could be left alone with access to my machine and the worst that'd happen would be one hit to some kinky website in my browser history.

that said, may just be me, i make it very clear to my friends that my stuff is my stuff. there's no "if you touch it without permission" because that wont happen in the first place.

(that being my way of saying "dont even try, you wont like the outcome")

The only thing I ever do is setup peoples IE or Chrome icon to shut down their PC, that is about as far as I go.

Oldie but still good for a laugh.

:ph34r:

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Sounds like the thread should be titled "Don't Let Children Play On Your Rig". I would just inform them that changing anything on your computer is a NO NO without your permission and that should be enough to keep your friend in line and your rig in healthy working order. I wouldn't go as far to banish your closest friend if it was an accident due to lack of knowledge. If it was a malicious act then that's a whole other story.