13in Laptop with good battery and decent portability

6 minutes ago, Enderman said:

They have great build quality, if you've ever taken one apart.

There's a reason millions of people have macbooks and barely anyone has a hardware failure.

Never seen any complaints about cheap glue or pins, idk where you got that from.

literally the first review on the lenovo website:

bandicam 2016-05-30 07-26-24-993.png

LOL

lol you base your argument on the first shitpost you could find?

4 minutes ago, Prysin said:

lol you base your argument on the first shitpost you could find?

no, thats not my argument

my argument is that those laptops are heavier, larger, and look like crap

and any laptop can have failures

just cause its lenovo doesnt mean its magically immune, just go look at all the complaints on google of people with lenovo laptops

either way, 8 hours of battery life is enough for an entire day of work, so unless you work 48 hours at school theres no reason why you cant charge your laptop at night just like you do with your phone

carrying around an additional 8 hours of battery that you never use is just a waste

may as well carry around some rocks to add to that :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

just cause its lenovo doesnt mean its magically immune, just go look at all the complaints on google of people with lenovo laptops

either way, 8 hours of battery life is enough for an entire day of work, so unless you work 48 hours at school theres no reason why you cant charge your laptop at night just like you do with your phone

carrying around an additional 8 hours of battery that you never use is just a waste

or you can just get the upgraded version with 6cel and get 17 hours of battery life and maybe one hotswap battery and then you will have enough battery life for 3-4 days. I would rather have 100-200 grams more to carry and then better build and all of the special things that a thinkpad has than a normal ultrabook and the looks well I could not give less fucks about them, it is very neutral.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

20 minutes ago, Enderman said:

you buy a laptop, because a fucking desktop is impractical.

If you can plug in at school fuck the whole laptop and get a NUC or barebones mITX setup. Both are better then most laptops at equal price ranges.

2 minutes ago, Mantayd17 said:

Yea but the difference is that the laptop will live after you plug it off the outlet and go somewhere else, while a desktop PC, as little as it can get, does not. Applies to NUCs as well. And how are you even supposed to bring a mITX setup around as easily as a laptop?

https://www.komplett.no/product/872321/pc-nettbrett/pc-stasjonaer/gaming-pc/asus-rog-gr6

https://www.komplett.no/product/876271/datautstyr/skjermer/skjermer/asus-16-led-mb169c#productinfo

you need an adapter between the screen and that HTPC.

Well, this certainly has turned into a more interesting argument. 

My take away is that the lenovo is great for durability and the addition of a six cell seems great. 

Im still thinking about taking the XPS though. I might purchase the drop insurance or something, but Im going to give the lenovo options a second look.

Thanks for all the help guys, even if it was a bit of a battle.

15 hours ago, HoneyBadger66 said:

Well, this certainly has turned into a more interesting argument. 

My take away is that the lenovo is great for durability and the addition of a six cell seems great. 

Im still thinking about taking the XPS though. I might purchase the drop insurance or something, but Im going to give the lenovo options a second look.

Thanks for all the help guys, even if it was a bit of a battle.

I have an xps 15 and it lasts a continuous  8+ Hours with ease. It's a similar size to my girlfriends 13" MacBook Air and is very portable. I believe the 13" is a similar size to the 11" MacBook Air, which I also own and i can't even tell when I have that in my bag.

i think either 13 or 15 would do you well, if portability is key.

On 5/29/2016 at 10:51 PM, HoneyBadger66 said:

I have considered the XPS 13 as it is an obvious contender in the market, however, the battery leaves a tad bit to be desired.

For example, I my current programming class runs about 4 hours (Its ludicrous I know), and I am not always able to be next to an outlet.

That being said, are external battery backs a good option for ultra portable notebooks like the XPS 13? If so would anyone have suggestions on a particular model that could get me another hour or two of juice?

My xps 13 with an i5 and the 3200x1800 display used to get 8 hours +.