Somehow, the User Folder in Windows 7 was named the PC's name, i.e. WORK-PC. How do I change it?

Hi guys,

Title.

I found a solution that involved registry edits. I would rather not "do" that. Simply because I feel it is more work than necessary. Now, I have no idea how the User folder was named the PC's name (the one you would see on a network). The user's name is nothing similar to it. No clue how that happened at all. 

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Vitalius

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

You should be able to go into the cotrol panel and change it. Or in devices and progarams and just change it in properties. I can't check right now though, I'm on a macbook

I remember changing mine like 2 or 3 times

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

You should be able to go into the cotrol panel and change it. Or in devices and progarams and just change it in properties. I can't check right now though, I'm on a macbook

I remember changing mine like 2 or 3 times

If you are anywhere near a Windows 7 computer now, I cannot find the option to change it. Thanks.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I tried this a couple of years back and if I remember correctly you can't change the name of the users folder. The solutions given above will give your PC a kind of "nickname" for applications or the network, but the folder itself won't change names.
I could be wrong thought, things have changed over the years. ;)

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

you dont its your computer trying to kill you slowly because of your ocd xD

i named my pc MONSTER with the caps 

the moral of the story is always give your computer a beast name and it will treat you nicely 

Well, I figured it out. Thanks guys. I found a Microsoft page that explained how to do it through the Registry. I manned up and just did it that way. It wasn't hard at all. 

† Christian Member †