C7 alternative (under 50USD)

Greetings,

im looking for an alternative cooler to my Intel i5-4690@3.5Ghz (84W TDP) stock cooler which is screwed up at the mounting pins and it does not cool optimally.

The case is SG13 (inspired by Linus). Mainboard H97M-ITX/ac. Psu Corsair SF600. 16gb 1600 ram. One smaller SSD and one larger HDD. MSI GTX 970.

The case allows up to 61mm in height for the CPU cooler. It has a standard.. (120mm?) chass fan mounted on the front panel.

Wanted to buy Cryorig C7, but it is nowhere to be ordered in Europe/Germany (needs a couple of weeks or months to restock).

1.) Regarding Noctua L9i, i think it could be too weak for my rig. Dunno?

2.) Reeven Steropes?

3) Cooltek LP53 (Thermolab LP53)?

4) <Insert here>

2 minutes ago, Greenko said:

Greetings,

im looking for an alternative cooler to my Intel i5-4690@3.5Ghz (84W TDP) stock cooler which is screwed up at the mounting pins and it does not cool optimally.

The case is SG13. Mainboard H97M-ITX/ac. Psu Corsair SF600. 16gb 1600 ram. One smaller SSD and one larger HDD. MSI GTX 970.

The case allows up to 61mm in height for the CPU cooler. It has a standard.. (120mm?) chass fan mounted on the front panel.

Wanted to buy Cryorig C7, but it is nowhere to be ordered in Europe/Germany (needs a couple of weeks or months to restock).

1.) Regarding Noctua L9i, i think it could be too weak for my rig. Dunno?

2.) Reeven Steropes?

3) Cooltek LP53 (Thermolab LP53)?

4) <Insert here>

Well you could always opt for C4 but that wouldn't be any fun....

/jk

I have a Cooler Master 212X

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Have you tried asking intel for a cooler replacement?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

there are lots of good coolers, but at the cheap end the c7, pure rock, and Evo 212 are the best ones in my opinion

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

7 hours ago, MeDownYou said:

there are lots of good coolers, but at the cheap end the c7, pure rock, and Evo 212 are the best ones in my opinion

Evo shouldn't fit in my case.

Pure Rock shouldn't also fit in my case. 

I think ill just go with the  Cooltek LP53, nothing much left to discuss here.

Silverstone AR06

Edit:  Another option would be the Prolimatech Samuel 17, and add your own 140 mm fan that supports 120 mm mounting  (or a 120 mm fan, but in this application I like the added downdraft to promote are circulation.)  But as it does not come with it's own fan, the total price may exceed your budget

I've seen the dirt-cheap Rosewill RCX-Z90-AL on a few Youtube builds, including one by Awesomesauce, and it's gotten good reviews for its performance but is noted for being somewhat loud. I'm using a Zalman CNPS-7000(AL) in my i3-4150 HTPC, and it does a surprising job of keeping the CPU cool while being unexpectedly quiet. Also something to consider. Cryorig also makes the C1 downdraft cooler, if you're interested in staying with them and can find it, and, as @WoodenMarker said, you can always ask Intel for a new stock cooler or buy one off of eBay/Amazon for about $5-10.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

Thanks for the tipps, but I'll stick with the LP53, cause I ordered one.