Australian Politics - Voting Time in 5(ish) weeks

At this stage, who is the best Australian political party?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. At this stage, who is the best Australian political party?

• The Liberal National Party! Malcolm Turnbull!
    • The Australian Labor Party! Bill Shorten!
    • Other (please specify)

If you've been following Australian politics, you'll understand that Labor have practically revoked all of their promises that they made.

Hopefully, if the Australian public vote right, it'll mean that Australia will be in surplus *cough cough* liberal *cough cough* by 2020. The politicians will stop spending money and start repaying loans.

If you've got different takes on this, leave it below.

-Alpha.

2017 Gaming PC

Excellent value machine, keeps me going.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K | GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | Motherboard: MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM

PSU: Casecom 600W PSU | Case: Corsair Graphite 230T | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | HDD: 3TB WD Blue

Dell XPS 15 9560

Beautiful laptop, in a stunning form factor.

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ | GPU: Intel HD Graphics 630/Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (not mobile, full GPU) | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | SSD: 512GB SK Hynix SSD

Display: 4K IPS 100% Adobe RGB Touch Panel | I/O: Two USB 3.0 with PowerShare, HDMI, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, SD Card Slot, and Thunderbolt 3 USB-C

Samsung Galaxy S8 64GB | Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 32GB

I believe that the political landscape in Australia is nothing but a big media circus with lots of posturing, slogans and empty promises. At the end of the day no matter who gets into power all they're going to do is whatever they can to stay in power as long as they can.

They're all nothing but pigs fighting to stay at the trough for as long as they can.  

I don't see the Coalition actually doing anything to get the budget in surplus without selling off government assets like they did in the Howard years. And the whole harping on that Labor is dysfunctional while party room meetings and other information is being leaked constantly makes them as bad of a choice as Labor to be perfectly honest. I barely call the Liberal party a major party since they have to be in a Coalition with the Nationals to actually get into power. If they stood on their own, they'd pretty much be non-existent since neither the Liberals nor the Nationals would have survived this long separately. Either, the country is screwed, the media still has influence, particularly that scumbag Murdoch, and people like Reinhardt still get concessions for turning the country into a giant pit.

28 minutes ago, Newenthusiast said:

I believe that the political landscape in Australia is nothing but a big media circus with lots of posturing, slogans and empty promises. At the end of the day no matter who gets into power all they're going to do is whatever they can to stay in power as long as they can.

They're all nothing but pigs fighting to stay at the trough for as long as they can.  

Isn't that politics everywhere? Just look at Canada.

And the US, the UK, all of the EU..

I used to be quite active here.

11 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

Isn't that politics everywhere?

Not everywhere, there are still some places where the people have the power and the elected officials are truly just there to represent the peoples interests. Sadly if you speak out about such things you're labelled as un-American, left wing crazy, terrorist sympathizer etc etc. Not exactly sure when it began but we're in an age where patriotism seems to equal blind loyalty and willingness to be subjugated. 

Looks like an Off-topic thing to me...just sayin.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

27 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

Isn't that politics everywhere? Just look at Canada.

And the US, the UK, all of the EU..

The main difference is in Australia the leader of the incumbent party can have their own members remove them and elect a new leader if they feel they are in an unwinnable position for the next election even if that is still 2 years off. It's happened 3 times already because of it, the people are becoming increasingly apathetic to the political process.

1 hour ago, AlphaGamer46 said:

Hopefully, if the Australian public vote right, it'll mean that Australia will be in surplus *cough cough* liberal *cough cough* by 2020. The politicians will stop spending money and start repaying loans.

I'm sorry, but the Liberals have clearly shown that their only priority is to fatten the pockets of the very rich while slashing opportunities and services for everyone else.

Now, I may only be an illiterate refugee stealing Australian jobs, but I don't think I'll be voting for those right wing pus-buckets.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

Late last year I discovered The Science Party(then named Future Party). Whilst I have no illusions that we'll get anyone in a seat the effort put into supporting them has been worth it so far.

Having voted Greens since my first vote back when Kevin was first elected I started to dislike many of the Greens non-scientifically rational policies like their opposition to anything with the word nuclear in it and their completely useless policy against GE technologies despite the current scientific consensus.

As to why Science Party - Rational economic policies, (l)iberal social policies and actual strength in terms of commitment to doubling the science budget. Oh and we have a policy for setting up an Australian space program - to be named ASTRA - Australian Space Technology & Research Agency.

I'll still probably be putting the Green's first and Liberals last on the house ballot but the senate ballot will be a bit of a mix as is required. 

Final word: VOTE BELOW THE LINE! PLEASE!

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

41 minutes ago, Serin said:

Late last year I discovered The Science Party(then named Future Party). Whilst I have no illusions that we'll get anyone in a seat the effort put into supporting them has been worth it so far.

Having voted Greens since my first vote back when Kevin was first elected I started to dislike many of the Greens non-scientifically rational policies like their opposition to anything with the word nuclear in it and their completely useless policy against GE technologies despite the current scientific consensus.

As to why Science Party - Rational economic policies, (l)iberal social policies and actual strength in terms of commitment to doubling the science budget. Oh and we have a policy for setting up an Australian space program - to be named ASTRA - Australian Space Technology & Research Agency.

I'll still probably be putting the Green's first and Liberals last on the house ballot but the senate ballot will be a bit of a mix as is required. 

Final word: VOTE BELOW THE LINE! PLEASE!

A science party?

Now that's something I want to support!

1 minute ago, killcomic said:

A science party?

Now that's something I want to support!

yarp!
Free to become a member, if you're into that kind of thing. We're running a few candidates in senate seats around the country. 

Linkies:
https://www.facebook.com/SciencePartyAus/?fref=ts
http://www.scienceparty.org.au/

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

4 minutes ago, Serin said:

yarp!
Free to become a member, if you're into that kind of thing. We're running a few candidates in senate seats around the country. 

Linkies:
https://www.facebook.com/SciencePartyAus/?fref=ts
http://www.scienceparty.org.au/

Cheers! I'll check it out when I get home from work (firewall blocks the website).