What is the Oldest PC?

Chuck Norris

My dad had a custom built computer from back in 2004. It worked great up until the CPU fried itself. Harddrive and other components work fine.

Also have a Windows 95 machine from 2000. Still runs fine, but it's dismantled, so no longer operational.

My sister's old desktop is still running too. Was purchased in 2005-2006.

And lastly, my old pre-built desktop that I bought in 2007. Still runs like a champ, with a GPU upgrade. Replaced the 8400GS with a 6570.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I have a nice CM 64 chilling downstairs in a box somewhere

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

dell dimension 2400 with a Sapphire 128MB ATI R9250 PCI and Windows xp home sp1

1097709898_4240550888_full.jpgATI-R9250_1.jpg

yep, same, except for the graphics, nvidia :P

I had a pc we bought from some computer crappy shop thing, it had an Intel celeron 1 core in it, I just took the CPU out the other day, it had something like an nvidia 256gb card, didn't see the name lol, but i think its like from ~2000

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

But still haha:

This is the first PC I can remember the name of:

• Packard Bell i-MEDIA Tower.
  • Pentium 4, 2.4Ghz Processor.
  • 1GB RAM.
  • DVD Player - CD Writer.
  • Floppy Disk Drive.
  • 15" Packard Bell Monitor (monitor has twin speakers that can either attach to the sides of the monitor or stand on their own).
  • Anti glare screen for monitor - not shown in picture.
  • Packard Bell Mouse and Keyboard.

(Windows XP)

packard-bell-pc.jpg

but I know my family had one before I used to go on paint all the time XD I think it

was windows 95 anyways

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

What I got laying in the attic from my very first computer (~1997):

Pentium II 233 MHz

a suitable mainbord

4MB PCI video card

Floppy Drive

Pieces I lost (or destroyed)

32MB SDRAM

the power supply (can't remember what it was)

CD-ROM drive

4GB 5.25" HDD

Don't forget to subscribe for more unboxings, reviews and other computer videos!

My Commodore 64. Still works! Awful graphics though.

some old piece of crap celeron on bga socket something or other

That videocard looks brand new is that your actual card or did you get that picture from google?

I googled it but I have the card on my desk an looks brand new as well.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

some workstation pc with an i386 processor about 8mb of ram and it has a  coprocessor installed  ... it is working currently but no os as i cannot get a small enough hdd for it to be recognised (needs to be like 128mb or somthing ). 

Instead of installing DOS 4.x (hence the 128mb HDD limit) Install DOS 5.0 or 6.22. After that you would have a barrier of 2gb. BUT older BIOSes (up to the mid 486) have a limitation of 504mb due to the lack of LBA. Just take the smallest IDE hard drive you got, put it in another computer. Wipe it an make only one partition, 504mb. Then you should be good to go. Thats what I did with my older 486. It has a 1.2gb HDD in it, but it can only address 504mb of it due to the BIOS limitation.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Oldest computer would officially be this really old calculator with a printer, which has the labels worn off the chasis.

Oldest PC would be an iBook laptop, which was a summer project a few years back to see what kind of performance I could squeeze from it.

My main laptop was until about a year ago an IBM Thinkpad T43 from back in 2000 :)

Only upgraded the ram from 512MB to 2Gb. This was one beast of a laptop! You could litteraly pour a glass of water in and it wouldn't stop functioning!

I use it currently in my bathroom to stream movies to, it is running Windows 7.

Proud to be from Belgium.

I had a pc we bought from some computer crappy shop thing, it had an Intel celeron 1 core in it, I just took the CPU out the other day, it had something like an nvidia 256gb card, didn't see the name lol, but i think its like from ~2000

werrrrrrrrrrrr 256gb ... 12k gaming was no problem back then huh  :lol:

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

Instead of installing DOS 4.x (hence the 128mb HDD limit) Install DOS 5.0 or 6.22. After that you would have a barrier of 2gb. BUT older BIOSes (up to the mid 486) have a limitation of 504mb due to the lack of LBA. Just take the smallest IDE hard drive you got, put it in another computer. Wipe it an make only one partition, 504mb. Then you should be good to go. Thats what I did with my older 486. It has a 1.2gb HDD in it, but it can only address 504mb of it due to the BIOS limitation.

yup that is the problem, the bios cannot recognise large hdds. ... and i may give what you are saying a go.

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

yup that is the problem, the bios cannot recognise large hdds. ... and i may give what you are saying a go.

It may not work with a hard drive bigger than 8gb though.

It may not work with a hard drive bigger than 8gb though.

i supposed to have a 1.6 gb one lying around... it at first had windows ME  :wacko:  but then i put win 95 on it 

i supposed to have a 1.6 gb one lying around... it at first had windows ME  :wacko:  but then i put win 95 on it 

That one should work nicely.

but use DOS 6.22 ;)

while it was operational i believe that was the os it had... also that board was huge and it had 8 sticks of ram (each 1mb)

... hmmm i lost all my diskets,

That one should work nicely.

but use DOS 6.22 ;)

wonder if one can just go and download dos 6.22 without it being illegal

while it was operational i believe that was the os it had... also that board was huge and it had 8 sticks of ram (each 1mb)

At this point I don't think anyone cares, Dos almost has no uses now and MS doesn't sell it, but that's all I'm gonna say.

I have an HP RP-5700 POS (not what you think it means) system. It has a pentium dual core.

I'm running a Gmod server off of it.

wonder if one can just go and download dos 6.22 without it being illegal.

They actually had a download link on microsofts website for dos 6.22. It seems they took it off though. There are still machines that run dos 6.22 like p.o.s systems. So they probably don't care about piracy when it comes to dos. 

My rig: Cpu: AMD 8350 | Cooler: Corsair h100i with Noctua nf-f12 fans | Ram: 8gb 1600 corsair vengeance | Hard Drive: 2x 1tb wd drives in raid 1 | SSd: 128gb plextor m5p  | Motherboard: asrock extreme9  | Graphics card: amd 7850 2gb | Power Supply: ocz modular | Case: cooler master cm 690 ii          Peripherals: | Monitor: x-star 1440p | Mic: blue snowball  | Keyboard: Flashget G600  | Mouse: No name |

Hmmm i don't really have any old ones laying around anymore. Only old thing i have left is a Toshiba Satellite P30  laptop (2005 yay)

It was almost 4 grand at the time i got it.... wow now that i think about it.

I have the install files for dos 6.22. I could send them to you if you want.

My rig: Cpu: AMD 8350 | Cooler: Corsair h100i with Noctua nf-f12 fans | Ram: 8gb 1600 corsair vengeance | Hard Drive: 2x 1tb wd drives in raid 1 | SSd: 128gb plextor m5p  | Motherboard: asrock extreme9  | Graphics card: amd 7850 2gb | Power Supply: ocz modular | Case: cooler master cm 690 ii          Peripherals: | Monitor: x-star 1440p | Mic: blue snowball  | Keyboard: Flashget G600  | Mouse: No name |

The oldest computer I still have is a dell where the screen's bezel is literally falling off (from 10+ years ago). The oldest one that I know the name of is an HP pavillion special edition with some Core 2 Du0 and an 8400M GS. Here's a link from when it was new- http://laptops.webhostingoverview.com/2007/07/14/laptops-hp-pavilion-dv6500-special-edition/