NH-D15 Performing worse than expected? (possible airflow issue)

Gary7

Hey guys,

I've been running my CPU at stock to keep noise levels down but the temps seem a bit high for 3.4GHz 

Usually Im hitting about 52c max on the CPU and the GPU will usually cap at the normal 75c @ 1316Mhz 

I feel like the CPU temps are high for running stock, and when I run OC Genie pushing it to 4Ghz the NH-D15 gets a bit whooshy (I have extremely sensitive hearing) yet I've seen people go as far as 4.4 on this chip.

Do you think my airflow is the problem with my case fans running at 70%? Or are these temps normal? 

The Rig
4670k(Stock) w/ NH-D15
MSI GTX 980 Gaming

Silencio 652S (Case fans on 70%)

52 is really nice, can't see the problem. And the woosh you hear is air flowing through the fins

Seems quite fine, if anything really good.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

52C is a really low load temp. Seems perfectly normal for an NH-D15 to me.

Thanks for the info guys. It's around 60ish at 4ghz so I'm assuming that's fine too.

Good to know it's not an airflow issue 

I hit 70-80 on my 4790k @ 4.7 with one fan spinning at around 500-600 rpm, you're good and you will have more head room. 

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

9 hours ago, Gary7 said:

Thanks for the info guys. It's around 60ish at 4ghz so I'm assuming that's fine too.

52c is very low. Keep in mind that you're experiencing diminishing returns at lower temps.

In other words: The difference between 55c and 56c is more significant than the difference between 80 and 80c. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

18 hours ago, Gary7 said:

What software you use to get that temp? Some game/encoding software or stress test? Also have you checked how stock volts go when you see those temps? Many Intel CPUs use way higher volts than needed for the Jigaherts.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv