Torn between PS4 BF4 and PC BF4 and the fact that I have problems with PC games.

threadysparrow

I preordered the BF4 version of the PS4 because it was the only one they had in stock. I would rather get the regular version and I am only getting the PS4 to play the racing and exclusive games. I would rather play multiplayer on PC but there is a problem there (I will get to that problem in a minute) Now I am thinking of canceling the preorder and saving my money.

I want to get Battlefield 4 for PC but I might wait until Christmas because by then it might be $10 cheaper or something. I am going to get the Premium service for it when the first map pack comes out.

So my options are to keep my PS4 preorder that comes with BF4 or to cancel it and get BF4 on PC. The only problem with that is then I will not get the PS4 the day it comes out which I was really looking forward to. HOWEVER (again) I might as well save my money, wait until a nice exclusive comes out, and then buy the PS4. Look at my sig to check out my rig. I am fairly confident that a 8350/7870 combo can run the game fine.

This brings up another issue. I have trouble finding friends on PC games. On Xbox 360 and PS3, it was fairly easy because you would meet someone else with a mic and add them to your friends list on that console. Everything was built in. On PC, you have to find a VOIP service, then find the lobby for whatever game you are in, and then type an argument with people in the game that you are having trouble connecting, or you can't find the chat room. And half of the time nobody is talking or anything because they are all a bunch of randoms.

That has been the primary factor in turning me away from PC games. That and the fact that the mouse/keyboard combo is hard for me because I have to look down at the keys and then try and remember what crouch or jump is or something because everything has it's own key.

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

You find people to play PC games online with in places like here.

If you can delay buying something when there is no benefit to rushing; then you should.

Error: 410

1. PC versions of games are better period

2. PSN/XBL communities are virtual sewers, PC isn't much better but it isn't as bad as console communities

3. You will most likely be able to run the game fine

4. Learn the keys, remap them to your liking, or get a mouse with a sh*tton of buttons and macro them

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I preordered the BF4 version of the PS4 because it was the only one they had in stock. I would rather get the regular version and I am only getting the PS4 to play the racing and exclusive games. I would rather play multiplayer on PC but there is a problem there (I will get to that problem in a minute) Now I am thinking of canceling the preorder and saving my money.

I want to get Battlefield 4 for PC but I might wait until Christmas because by then it might be $10 cheaper or something. I am going to get the Premium service for it when the first map pack comes out.

So my options are to keep my PS4 preorder that comes with BF4 or to cancel it and get BF4 on PC. The only problem with that is then I will not get the PS4 the day it comes out which I was really looking forward to. HOWEVER (again) I might as well save my money, wait until a nice exclusive comes out, and then buy the PS4. Look at my sig to check out my rig. I am fairly confident that a 8350/7870 combo can run the game fine.

This brings up another issue. I have trouble finding friends on PC games. On Xbox 360 and PS3, it was fairly easy because you would meet someone else with a mic and add them to your friends list on that console. Everything was built in. On PC, you have to find a VOIP service, then find the lobby for whatever game you are in, and then type an argument with people in the game that you are having trouble connecting, or you can't find the chat room. And half of the time nobody is talking or anything because they are all a bunch of randoms.

That has been the primary factor in turning me away from PC games. That and the fact that the mouse/keyboard combo is hard for me because I have to look down at the keys and then try and remember what crouch or jump is or something because everything has it's own key.

Ive met plenty of people through steam and just added them on a voice system later such as skype or razer comms. the easiest way to find people to play with is through games like LoL or DoTA that really rely on team work cause then they are forced to talk. Ive met some of the coolest people through pc. its a lot different then on console where a bunch of 12 year olds call you a no life for being better then them

LOLPREMIUM. 

yeah thanks that helps

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

yeah thanks that helps

Gotta love those useless replies... or not

This is where you need to start converting your console gamer friends to PC gaming. I've gotten almost all of my buddies to switch at this point. It's a pretty easy argument to make. ;)

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

Here is the thing, the PS4 is running Battlefield 4 at 720p, in order to maintain a 60 fps framerate on the game for optimal smoothness. All the great things we hear about Jaguar APUs might not exactly reflect performance that we will actually get on the platform itself. So if you want to play BF4 at the best of quality, then play on PC. However, as I said briefly before, the new consoles are kind of cool because of the power they fit in such a small enclosure and will be cool to check out, so if you have your heart set, the price probably wont drop during the holiday season, as everyone will be shopping and their is great demand, and probably as more and more people buy, less of a supply. So the price will sooner go up, then down unless their is a really bad flaw in the platform and microsoft and sony want to get rid of the platforms, which is highly unlikely.

- winny3141 :D

System Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Six-core CPU, AMD Radeon HD 6970 2 GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card, MSI 890FXA-GD70 Motherboard, Kingston Hyper-X 1600 MHz RAM, ADATA 128 GB MLC SSD, 2 TB HDD, Astec Dual 120 mm closed Liquid cooling Loop, Cooler Master 800W Silent Pro Gold (80 Plus Gold Certified) PSU, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Gaming Keyboard (Love me my Cherry MX Blue Switches), a Razer Taipan Gaming Mouse (8200 dpi 4G sensor FTW!), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

This is where you need to start converting your console gamer friends to PC gaming. I've gotten almost all of my buddies to switch at this point. It's a pretty easy argument to make. ;)

unless they're an idiot or one of those "c0nsl3 iz b3zt th1g EVUUUUUUUUUUUUUUR" types or they don't value gaming enough to spend the cash or build a PC, I tried with my friends and failed.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

My i7/7870 combo hits 60fps constant on BF3 with most settings maxed or turned to high. BF4 isn't going to be all that much more demanding so I'ld say a 8350/7870 will do fine :)

You'll always be able to find people to game with on the forum if you need, and everybody runs into issues with the keyboard/mouse combo at first, once you get it down pat though you'll never concider using a controller again :D

This is true, I played on consoles for a little more than 10 years, after a year and a half on PC I had pretty much lost most of my ability to play a FPS/TPS well with a controller. I still use one for some games but not for shooters.

Not for my friends... I have about half of mine on PC and the other ones are console addicts. See no reason why to be, but oh well. I say it's their loss.

Computer Specs: CPU: i7 3770k, GPU: EVGA GTX 770, PSU: Corsair HX 850W, Case: Fractal Design R4, Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD65, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 240 Pin DDR3, Corsair H100i Liquid CPU CoolerKingston HyperX 240GB SSD (OS), WD 1TB HDD Black Edition

I use a 360 controller to play Assassins Creed with but that's about it really :)

I use it for racing games that don't support my G27 or if I don't feel like breaking it out. I also use it for KoA and games that aren't that intense, I cannot fathom how the hell I used to play RTS games with a controller.

Not for my friends... I have about half of mine on PC and the other ones are console addicts. See no reason why to be, but oh well. I say it's their loss.

It is indeed, but never give up. Persevere! Always remember that logic is on your side :P

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

I just talked to my dad about it and he thinks I should cancel it and wait for a nice exclusive to come out before getting it.

I would hope that DICE could find a way to bring built-in VOIP back to BF. It was in BF2 and worked well. You could talk within squad or to commander. And find friends that way. Having it team/server wide could be annoying, but it work in smaller games such as CS/TF2.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It would be annoying having 32 players talking at once, just have it squad based. 

Computer Specs: CPU: i7 3770k, GPU: EVGA GTX 770, PSU: Corsair HX 850W, Case: Fractal Design R4, Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD65, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 240 Pin DDR3, Corsair H100i Liquid CPU CoolerKingston HyperX 240GB SSD (OS), WD 1TB HDD Black Edition

I almost always play multiplayer games with RL friends, try convincing some friends to start playing battlefield4 and join a public teamspeak or start your own one.

Or join a battlefield 4 clan with teamspeak. You'll get to know those people like you did on console.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

1. PC versions of games are better period

2. PSN/XBL communities are virtual sewers, PC isn't much better but it isn't as bad as console communities

3. You will most likely be able to run the game fine

4. Learn the keys, remap them to your liking, or get a mouse with a sh*tton of buttons and macro them

1. Have you played gta 4??

2. Agreed

3. Agreed

4. Agreed

C:

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I would hope that DICE could find a way to bring built-in VOIP back to BF. It was in BF2 and worked well. You could talk within squad or to commander. And find friends that way. Having it team/server wide could be annoying, but it work in smaller games such as CS/TF2.

VOIP has been confirmed for bf4 and its for saquads only for now. :D

http://bf4central.com/2013/08/new-battlefield-4-features-revealed-voip-emblems-and-more/

I think BF4 on PC has voip now so that might be your solution?

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

2. Agreed

3. Agreed

4. Agreed

C:

GTA4 was crap on every system it was released on, there are always exceptions

VOIP has been confirmed for bf4 and its for saquads only for now. :D

http://bf4central.com/2013/08/new-battlefield-4-features-revealed-voip-emblems-and-more/

Sorry if I'm bit pessimistic with Dices promisses. BF3 was supposed to have recording solution and spectating. Spectating was found by hacking server files, recording was working but only inside their studios. I'm not surprised if voip comes after 6 months if even then.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2. Agreed

3. Agreed

4. Agreed

C:

GTA 4 was a bad game in general and the PC version was still the best Version.

If you think the Pc version is bad then you should try the Console Version its even worse.

The halph player count in Multiplayer, constant 25-30Fps,really bad Controlles,the graphics are terrible,there's wierd Motion blur while driving ect.

And you have no Mods.

I would say go with the Pc Version it will be like always the best Version of Battlefield.

RTX2070OC 

lol still it was much better played on xbox

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015