is this fan any good?

patriotaki

How many fans have you got currently?

- SSUPD Meshlicous - Z170I - i7-6700K - Gigabyte 2080 - 16GB Corsair Vengance - 850 EVO 1TB - H115i ICUE Link- SF600

1 minute ago, Bradders said:

How many fans have you got currently?

its an old stupid molex fan , i want to change it

but if you want more info check this

4 minutes ago, patriotaki said:

its an old stupid molex fan , i want to change it

but if you want more info check this

Honestly, changing out the fan will make very little difference on the CPU temps, better to get a better cpu cooler like an AIO water cooler

- SSUPD Meshlicous - Z170I - i7-6700K - Gigabyte 2080 - 16GB Corsair Vengance - 850 EVO 1TB - H115i ICUE Link- SF600

1 minute ago, Bradders said:

i had lower temps before i changed my case to the 400C.  I had a better fan pushing air through the cpu cooler. My cooler is awesome in push/pull i had 25-29C idle.

i just want and need to change the fan on front, since the other one is facing to the gpu

How are you measuring the airflow?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

How are you measuring the airflow?

i dont..i just guess because i had more fans and better fans before

7 hours ago, patriotaki said:

i dont..i just guess because i had more fans and better fans before

Are you not satisfied with your current temps?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

18 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Are you not satisfied with your current temps?

nop

3 hours ago, patriotaki said:

nop

What are your specs and load temps?

5 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What are your specs and load temps?

well 6600k @ 4.4ghz  1.295v in bios , but it rises up to 1.34v 

temps 33-35C idle 55-60C load

but thats not the point. My current fan there looks terrible and its also molex alaways full speed. i want to change it to a better one to help improve my airflow and temps

2 hours ago, patriotaki said:

well 6600k @ 4.4ghz  1.295v in bios , but it rises up to 1.34v 

temps 33-35C idle 55-60C load

but thats not the point. My current fan there looks terrible and its also molex alaways full speed. i want to change it to a better one to help improve my airflow and temps

You're fine up to 80-90c at load and it seems you'll be seeing diminishing returns at 55-60c. You can get something quieter but a new fan isn't going to lower your temps much if at all. 

The fan should be pwm and you're probably using a molex adapter if that's the case. Just power the fan from a pwm header off of your motherboard instead to control the fan speed. 

12 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

You're fine up to 80-90c at load and it seems you'll be seeing diminishing returns at 55-60c. You can get something quieter but a new fan isn't going to lower your temps much if at all. 

The fan should be pwm and you're probably using a molex adapter if that's the case. Just power the fan from a pwm header off of your motherboard instead to control the fan speed. 

ye agree , but my guess was that in my old case i had a different fan facing to the cpu cooler..and i though okay maybe the fan is the cause.. i had 25-29C idle temps in my old case and now i have 33-35C

Also my motherboard is ASUS and with AiSuite i can change the fan speed either its 3 or 4 pin ..but the one that i posted in OP is a 4 pin..and i think i dont have any 4 pin slot available just 1x 3 pin from a splitter

4 hours ago, patriotaki said:

ye agree , but my guess was that in my old case i had a different fan facing to the cpu cooler..and i though okay maybe the fan is the cause.. i had 25-29C idle temps in my old case and now i have 33-35C

Also my motherboard is ASUS and with AiSuite i can change the fan speed either its 3 or 4 pin ..but the one that i posted in OP is a 4 pin..and i think i dont have any 4 pin slot available just 1x 3 pin from a splitter

What motherboard do you have?

14 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

What motherboard do you have?

asus z170 pro gaming , aisuite 3 with fanxpert

43 minutes ago, patriotaki said:

asus z170 pro gaming , aisuite 3 with fanxpert

The motherboard should have 7 4pin fan headers. Are they all used up?