Gateway drug into PC gaming?

Solrix

What game was it that got you into PC gaming? Mine was minecraft and after that I was hooked.

CPU AMD A10-5800k  GPU GTX 960 Gigabyte G1 Motherboard Asrock fm2a75m-dgs Ram G.skill 8gigs ddr3 PSU Corsair HX650 HDD Two 1TB Hitachi 7200 rpm Case Zalman z11

Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire TK with chery mx reds Mouse Logitech m500 Headset Logitech g430 Laptop Lenovo u310 touch Phone HTC one

cod 5 WaW custom zombie maps

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

The childhood games I played. There was a monster truck one I used to play that was awesome.

If anyone can find what I'm thinking about, it's a monster truck game from like, a LOOONG time ago.

Now that I think about it, it was probably Diablo 3.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

GTA 1 or flash games.

Dell Inspiron 580 - Modified

Build log

Win 7 | GTX 760 | i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz | 2x2Gb 1333MHz Hyundai + 2x2Gb 1333Mhz Crucial RAM | Seagate 1TB 7200RPM | HyperX Fury 120Gb | Corsair Builder 600M | Fractal R2 Mini

The childhood games I played. There was a monster truck one I used to play that was awesome.

Was it the tonka one?

If anyone can find what I'm thinking about, it's a monster truck game from like, a LOOONG time ago.

CPU AMD A10-5800k  GPU GTX 960 Gigabyte G1 Motherboard Asrock fm2a75m-dgs Ram G.skill 8gigs ddr3 PSU Corsair HX650 HDD Two 1TB Hitachi 7200 rpm Case Zalman z11

Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire TK with chery mx reds Mouse Logitech m500 Headset Logitech g430 Laptop Lenovo u310 touch Phone HTC one

Been playing PC games from before I can remember. Playing games like RollerCoatser Tycoon, LOTR FOTR, ultimate ride, stronghold, warcraft 2. Always played PC and Console they both offer some great games and benefits that the other doesn't.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

in order, cs 1.5, cs 1.6, warcraft 3 reign of chaos then shit got hectic

| Fractal Define Mini | Z77M-D3H | i5 3570k @ 4.3 ghz | EVGA GTX 780 SC w/ ACX | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB |
| Asus Xonar DGX | Seasonic G-650W Gold | 256GB SS 840 Pro | 500GB WD Black | 1TB Barracuda |

Well first game I ever played on PC was Pharoah in 1999, but the first games that saw me start to abandon Playstation (up until about 2005 I'd played on both) were probably LOTR BFME and this surprisingly awesome game called Battle at Procyon, based off the Disney film Treasure Planet. That and Lego Rock Raiders :P

After that, my PC gaming went up a gear in 2008 when I got Left 4 Dead and, crucially, Steam. Any one of those could be considered my "gateway" into PC gaming tbh, it depends where you place the gate :)

omg I feel so old right now. First game... tbh I am not sure but the first game that hooked me that I actually owned was Manic Miner

I also used to play games like Donkey Kong on Game & Watch machines from Nintendo on which I got very addicted also. Not sure if that was before or after tbh but seeing as they have been around since 1980 I'd imagine that before

man I feel old

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

probably Warcraft 1, or Myst

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

Wolfenstein, Doom, Blake Stone, Raptor, Street Rod, heroes of might and magic, command and conquer.

Those are some of the most prominent in my mind of PC games I played back in the early/mid 90's

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Age of Empires, it was the year of 1997 and Askew was 9 years old.

I started with Lego Racers (1 and 2) on the PC. Then Roblox did a large push back in 2008. Minecraft made the final push for me and it was what convinced me to get a gaming computer.

Every topic I post in dies.

runescape and then maplestory and then COD

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

My dad showed me "Doom" when I was younger. And since then, I liked FPS games... Never bought a FPS for console.. PC master race :D

I'm full of questions :O

My dad showed me "Doom" when I was younger. And since then, I liked FPS games... Never bought a FPS for console.. PC master race :D

Doom was the shit, I could never make past the third level but I had so much fun playing the first 3 over and over again looking for secrets (I was only 8). I still remember the day I finally got to the chainsaw in the first (maybe second) level, that was a good day.

lego racers 1 and shogun total war 1 at the turn of the century and then 360 in 2005 becuase at the time it was better than pc and then back to pc with the witcher 2007

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Doom was the shit, I could never make past the third level but I had so much fun playing the first 3 over and over again looking for secrets (I was only 8). I still remember the day I finally got to the chainsaw in the first (maybe second) level, that was a good day.

Ahh the nostalgia of an actual challenging game, I remember those days. You want a challenge? Go play Manic Miner, 3 lives 99 levels and every time you die the level restarts. Most of you will find it hard to get past the 1st level never mind doing it without dying first time around. 

P.S: Am I the only one here who started playing games in the early 80's?  :huh:

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

EVE Online

Case: Fractal Design Arc Mini / Motherboard:GigaByte G1-Sniper-M5 / CPU: Intel 4670k / Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600mhz / GPU: Asus GTX770 Direct CU 2GB / PSU: OCZ ZT650 / SSD: 2xSamsung 840 240GB / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB / Cooler: Corsair H100i / Fans: 3x Corsair AF120 + 2 Corsair SP120 / Mouse: Corsair M65 / Keyboard: Cheap Crap/ Headset: Razer Kraken / Misk: 3DConnexion mouse / Flight stick: Cyborg F.L.Y 5

MMOs in general. then guild wars 2 made me want to buy a new PC. then i got here..

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll