Thinking of going into youtube...

Ok, so for a while now I have been eyeing the idea of being a youtuber. Hell I even have a channel (Savageiste) but I posted just random gameplay vids every couple of months and I have very basic graphics but I plan for that to change.

Well here is my summer plan and this is important to this youtube idea first school (yes I'm a high-schooler) ends on June 3rd but grades are due May 31st so past May 31st I literally just have to prove i'm alive but then on June 5th to June 24th I'm busy at camp and then June 26th to July 9th I'm going to be visiting family in Michigan. Then thing smooth a little bit out well from July on I plan doing driver's ed and having a job (nothing decided yet but i'm considering chick-fil-a and yes I live in Texas) and note the most I can work in a day based on Texas Labor Laws (i'm 15) is 8 hours (No earlier than 7am and no later than 10pm) for at most 6 days a week or 48 hours anyways besides my rambling that would allow me time at night to do youtube vids my idea is a gameplay with commentary above that for topical topics (ReviewTechUSA has this format) and i'm thinking of doing Jim Sterling style reviews but without my face. anyways point being good idea? I'm considering doing a sort of pilot thing now in May for a couple of weeks then the real deal in July. Well after my job and with youtube (i'm thinking of doing maybe like ad money (probably won't make much tho) and a patreon) Would you all support that? I mean I can start the pilot thing but I will need some support and subs (not trying to self promote but how else will I spread word of this and I'm primarily asking opinion of the idea) 

Build Name:

Anton

CPU: I7 4790K

GPU: ZOTAC RTX 2060 SUPER AMP EXTREME

RAM: 16GB 1600MHZ

MOBO: MSI H81M-E33

CASE: COOLER MASTER N300

PSU: THERMALTAKE 600 WATT

STORAGE: TOTAL 6.5TB, 512GB SAMSUNG 850 PRO BOOT DRIVE, 2TB HDD 1, 2TB HDD 2, 2TB WESTERN DIGITAL USB 3.0 BACKUP DRIVE

- CRACK!

Just go in knowing that it's a very saturated world. Everyone and their grandma's uncle is in the YouTube space. You will need to set yourself apart by offering something unique and compelling. This is the both the hardest and easiest way to have any sort of success. Collaborate with others if possible. This intermixes the interest pool of both channels.

I'm gonna do some YouTube stuff this summer too, but I'm not planning on it becoming anything to brag about. I literally just want to see what I can do. I won't even bother turning on AdSense

Having a schedule like you mentioned is good, but please consider doing something that reflects your personality and shows your strengths. Ask yourself why someone would watch you over giants like ReviewTechUSA, like you mentioned.

And please, oh, please don't consider things like Patreon until you get into motion.

11 hours ago, Savageiste said:

Ok, so for a while now I have been eyeing the idea of being a youtuber. Hell I even have a channel (Savageiste) but I posted just random gameplay vids every couple of months and I have very basic graphics but I plan for that to change.

Well here is my summer plan and this is important to this youtube idea first school (yes I'm a high-schooler) ends on June 3rd but grades are due May 31st so past May 31st I literally just have to prove i'm alive but then on June 5th to June 24th I'm busy at camp and then June 26th to July 9th I'm going to be visiting family in Michigan. Then thing smooth a little bit out well from July on I plan doing driver's ed and having a job (nothing decided yet but i'm considering chick-fil-a and yes I live in Texas) and note the most I can work in a day based on Texas Labor Laws (i'm 15) is 8 hours (No earlier than 7am and no later than 10pm) for at most 6 days a week or 48 hours anyways besides my rambling that would allow me time at night to do youtube vids my idea is a gameplay with commentary above that for topical topics (ReviewTechUSA has this format) and i'm thinking of doing Jim Sterling style reviews but without my face. anyways point being good idea? I'm considering doing a sort of pilot thing now in May for a couple of weeks then the real deal in July. Well after my job and with youtube (i'm thinking of doing maybe like ad money (probably won't make much tho) and a patreon) Would you all support that? I mean I can start the pilot thing but I will need some support and subs (not trying to self promote but how else will I spread word of this and I'm primarily asking opinion of the idea) 

1 hour ago, LieutenantLime said:

Just go in knowing that it's a very saturated world. Everyone and their grandma's uncle is in the YouTube space. You will need to set yourself apart by offering something unique and compelling. This is the both the hardest and easiest way to have any sort of success. Collaborate with others if possible. This intermixes the interest pool of both channels.

I'm gonna do some YouTube stuff this summer too, but I'm not planning on it becoming anything to brag about. I literally just want to see what I can do. I won't even bother turning on AdSense

Having a schedule like you mentioned is good, but please consider doing something that reflects your personality and shows your strengths. Ask yourself why someone would watch you over giants like ReviewTechUSA, like you mentioned.

And please, oh, please don't consider things like Patreon until you get into motion.

I'm gonna warn both of you.

You're not gonna make shit from AdSense. Anything less than 1000 views will make you close to nothing.

Only YouTube Red views get money.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

9 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

I'm gonna warn both of you.

You're not gonna make shit from AdSense. Anything less than 1000 views will make you close to nothing.

Only YouTube Red views get money.

I should refer you to the spot where I said: "I won't even bother turning on AdSense."

I'm going to do it for fun.

26 minutes ago, LieutenantLime said:

I should refer you to the spot where I said: "I won't even bother turning on AdSense."

I'm going to do it for fun.

But why? And what are you gonna upload?

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Thanks for the advice and hey 10 cents is better than 0 cents and I would like to just get a start and the people I mentioned to compare to (reviewtechusa and jim sterling) are mere comparisons and I don't plan to mirror their styles but kinda have a resemblance 

Build Name:

Anton

STORAGE: TOTAL 6.5TB, 512GB SAMSUNG 850 PRO BOOT DRIVE, 2TB HDD 1, 2TB HDD 2, 2TB WESTERN DIGITAL USB 3.0 BACKUP DRIVE

- CRACK!

1 hour ago, Savageiste said:

Thanks for the advice and hey 10 cents is better than 0 cents and I would like to just get a start and the people I mentioned to compare to (reviewtechusa and jim sterling) are mere comparisons and I don't plan to mirror their styles but kinda have a resemblance 

I've kind of tried YouTube myself. Don't do it for money.

Do it because you enjoy it and/or you want to entertain or help others.

I am gonna do some programming C# videos and possibly Java videos, to help people learn how to program in c# and java respectively.

15 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

But why? And what are you gonna upload?

Stories, some games, real talk over some gameplay, and other bits.

The main thing I want to do is teach life lessons in the context of games. I have two series ideas:

Story Mode: Talking about events and experiences I have had and heard from others while trying to play a game at the same time. It's meant to be lighthearted and not overly personal, but both me and the viewer should come away a slightly better person.

The other I still want to figure out exactly, but to give you a hint, it involves talking to strangers.

On 5/19/2016 at 9:35 PM, AluminiumTech said:

I've kind of tried YouTube myself. Don't do it for money.

Do it because you enjoy it and/or you want to entertain or help others.

I am gonna do some programming C# videos and possibly Java videos, to help people learn how to program in c# and java respectively.

The most money I could possibly want from youtube would be enough to keep it self sustaining, This is not a for profit venture

Build Name:

Anton

- CRACK!

On 5/19/2016 at 10:11 AM, LieutenantLime said:

Stories, some games, real talk over some gameplay, and other bits.

The main thing I want to do is teach life lessons in the context of games. I have two series ideas:

Story Mode: Talking about events and experiences I have had and heard from others while trying to play a game at the same time. It's meant to be lighthearted and not overly personal, but both me and the viewer should come away a slightly better person.

The other I still want to figure out exactly, but to give you a hint, it involves talking to strangers.

Sure, now I will be talkative I'm not going to be doing a day one face reveal

Build Name:

Anton

- CRACK!