How do You feel about the GTX1080's performance Now that the Benchmarks are officially out

its a standard 15% bump meh

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

35 minutes ago, JamGorby said:

Being older than Methuselah, I'd say I've never seen this big of an improvement between generations since the Geforce 8000 series. I don't understand people's disappointment at all. 

I agree. And I got your sarcasm the first time. ;) But people will still compare GM200 to GP104 as if its an iPhone 6 or 6S. High-end to mid-range, big-die to small-die and such. Proper comparison being GM200 to GP100, to GV100, etc.

Still, 20-30% faster than Titan X is impressive.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Did you guys notice that at Linus and other more famous youtube channels they all gave out benchmark @4k. (And they make it looks like it deserves the hype.)

But other channel like tek syndicate are giving out benchmarks at 1080p and so on. (And Logan was like, meh, not really impressed)

I think that Nvidia knows that their  gtx1080 scales quite well at 4k. That's why they told all the big channels to show the 4k benchmarks.

But the reality is, how many of us are gaming at 4k right now???

Not really that many I think.

I think we need to slow our pace down, do not jump all over it yet.
I am using a GTX780 and I am planning to save my money until 1080ti/ AMD's vega comes out. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

55 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

6KcLrss.png

OMG...HD is a total different story. Only 80.6%!! Such lies. 

MTpyWBy.png

74.6%!!?? It's a conspiracy! Goddamn chemtrails ruined nVidia!! 

8 minutes ago, JamGorby said:

OMG...HD is a total different story. Only 80.6%!! Such lies. 

74.6%!!?? It's a conspiracy! Goddamn chemtrails ruined nVidia!! 

Okay..... I get your point.....

1 minute ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Okay..... I get your point.....

I could have just made a normal comment, but what's the fun in that? :P

26 minutes ago, JamGorby said:

I could have just made a normal comment, but what's the fun in that? :P

>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

ONE DAY I"LL GET MY REVENGE!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Nah,,,,jk......

I think the performance, while within speculative margins and thus not 'blowing our hats off,' is very good.

If the rumours of the Canadian price are true, however, fuck that card for a while.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

The performance is enough for me to buy one, but I have a feeling it's going to be rare commodity online.

The only thing that really irks me is all the responses going "this isn't a 4K @ 60FPS card, pass". I mean, it'd be cool if we can play at 4K, but I feel there's almost zero 4K content for games today. Or at least the latest games I tried when I got my P2715Q last year. The quality looks practically the same as 1440p. The only thing that's sharper is HUD elements and text, but the models, the textures, and the 3D stuff all look the same to me.

6 hours ago, sgloux3470 said:

snip

Chances are that, since Nvidia currently has no direct, same-gen competition for Pascal, they are selling the GTX 1080 for every penny they think they can get before they'd start seeing diminished sales. That's why there's two price points. The $599 SKU is the one they expect will actually sell in decent volume; the $699 Founder's Edition doesn't seem to have much additional R&D in it, so they're probably just hoping to snag however many overhyped early-adopters they can at a premium price. In both cases, I think there's every reason to believe this is the most expensive the GTX 1080 will ever be in its lifetime.

Besides.. do you really think AMD's answer to the GTX 1080 is going to cost $800, or even $600? Prices don't go up when competition arrives.

27 minutes ago, typographie said:

Besides.. do you really think AMD's answer to the GTX 1080 is going to cost $800, or even $600? Prices don't go up when competition arrives.

I think it'll start at $600. My memory's a bit hazy but I believe for a while when one releases a product, the other releases at pretty much the same price point and then the other drops the price a smidge after milking that "first to next gen" tax. And then things stay there for a while.

26 minutes ago, typographie said:

Chances are that, since Nvidia currently has no direct, same-gen competition for Pascal, they are selling the GTX 1080 for every penny they think they can get before they'd start seeing diminished sales. That's why there's two price points. The $599 SKU is the one they expect will actually sell in decent volume; the $699 Founder's Edition doesn't seem to have much additional R&D in it, so they're probably just hoping to snag however many overhyped early-adopters they can at a premium price. In both cases, I think there's every reason to believe this is the most expensive the GTX 1080 will ever be in its lifetime.

I'm mainly expecting things like Kingpin edition 1080's and that sort of stuff to start broaching $800.  Depends on how true partners are to the $599 MSRP.  I just think it'd be crazy for them to sell for less than the founders edition unless this is something they all agreed to to begin with.  

29 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

The performance is enough for me to buy one, but I have a feeling it's going to be rare commodity online.

The only thing that really irks me is all the responses going "this isn't a 4K @ 60FPS card, pass". I mean, it'd be cool if we can play at 4K, but I feel there's almost zero 4K content for games today. Or at least the latest games I tried when I got my P2715Q last year. The quality looks practically the same as 1440p. The only thing that's sharper is HUD elements and text, but the models, the textures, and the 3D stuff all look the same to me.

The biggest improvement is stuff like hair, which needs  a lot less antialiasing applied to it.  At some point it's still just a resolution improvement.  It's not like it's going to unlock wizard magic better textures or whatever.  Just the usual: sharper image quality/less visual artifacts like aliasing, shimmering etc.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Very indifferent. I mean that's cool that it actually performs pretty nicely, I'm mostly waiting on the 480X and 1070... Though I really want the 480X to around the performance of the R9 390X and R9 Fury or Fury X... 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

5 minutes ago, sgloux3470 said:

The biggest improvement is stuff like hair, which needs  a lot less antialiasing applied to it.  At some point it's still just a resolution improvement.  It's not like it's going to unlock wizard magic better textures or whatever.  Just the usual: sharper image quality/less visual artifacts like aliasing, shimmering etc.

I think even stuff like that is capped at a certain point, like they're rendered at a fixed resolution so to speak. The only application I've found where it could be useful is for games which require you to look out long distances, like ARMA or DCS.

I don't think 4K is impractical because I'm not the "I need 60FPS or better every time all the time" kind of person. I just think it's impractical because there isn't something that shows significant detail increases going from 1440p to 4K

3 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I think even stuff like that is capped at a certain point, like they're rendered at a fixed resolution so to speak. The only application I've found where it could be useful is for games which require you to look out long distances, like ARMA or DCS.

I can definitely find the differences comparing 1440p to 4K but it's often pretty minor stuff like sharper looking lips/teeth on lara croft and that kind of stuff.  It's still a huge difference in pixel density though.  A 4K image on my 24inch monitor is hella sharp.  Don't notice jaggies until I zoom in a bit on screenshots.  a 30 inch one takes better advantage of the extra real estate though.

At some point, there's going to be diminishing returns.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

5 minutes ago, sgloux3470 said:

I can definitely find the differences comparing 1440p to 4K but it's often pretty minor stuff like sharper looking lips/teeth on lara croft and that kind of stuff.  It's still a huge difference in pixel density though.  A 4K image on my 24inch monitor is hella sharp.  Don't notice jaggies until I zoom in a bit on screenshots.  a 30 inch one takes better advantage of the extra real estate though.

At some point, there's going to be diminishing returns.

I can too, but it's something that I have to actually pay attention to. So details like that I kind of just tune out when making a comparison. I kind of like to go for the "what do I actually pay attention to when I play a game?" kind of approach.

I usually lean towards rooting for AMD because they can never get a break (or do anything right, it's like feeling sorry for a retard). But after being attacked by a bunch of AMD fanboys on this forum for a PERCEIVED attack on AMD- I'm very excited to see the 1080 benchmarks validate NV's claims, hit 2.5ghz OC that people said couldn't be done... and basically crush AMD poverty gamer tards to smithereens.

Now the AMD Poverty Gaming squad is waiting for the new "7850" or whatever bang for buck budget card they can afford when all the high end enthusiasts trade in their 980Tis for 1080s and soon, 1080Tis that will be smashing on Vega.

Enough with the AMD tough guy talk. Time for AMD to prove something for once and they have NOTHING.

Prices of the 1070 and 1080 are what kills the Maxwell market, not the performance.

Imagine had the 1080 been $800 - would people still care about Maxwell, yes.

If the 1070 was $550?   Not even crazy prices compared to the 980 Ti.

If these cards all beat Maxwell.... they could have done this but they didn't and we should just be happy.  Unless you own a Titan X now, lol.

Nvidia killed Maxwell... why...?? no idea.

3 minutes ago, alphaproject said:

Prices of the 1070 and 1080 are what kills the Maxwell market, not the performance.

If these cards all beat Maxwell.... they could have done this but they didn't and we should just be happy.  Unless you own a Titan X now, lol.

They will be super salty if they just bought the Titan X haha

7 minutes ago, alphaproject said:

Why? Because it's done. I wouldn't even say they 'killed' it. They're simply finishing with it. 

Oh yea, REAL salty and for good reason but if you bought a Titan X for gaming... you sort of deserve it, lol. It was always overpriced from day 1.

If you can afford a Titan X.... well... you can afford the price cut on it.

Good Performance for an ok Price. The compares to TitanX are Nonsense. Of course its faster, look how old the TitanX is by now.  I think its a good start into the new Generation, but nothing i would buy atm. For People who want upgrade from 6xx and 7xx, or switch to higher Resolutions or Ultrawide, its a good moment. But still no 4k Card(which isnt a big deal for me). With OC the fastes Card atm. So what else is there to say. ? ?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Look how old the Titan X is... ROTFL.... It's not old at all dude.  You ever look at how long people had their 8800 GT cards....  THEY GOT OLD!

1 hour ago, Praesi said:

Good Performance for an ok Price. The compares to TitanX are Nonsense. Of course its faster, look how old the TitanX is by now.  I think its a good start into the new Generation, but nothing i would buy atm. For People who want upgrade from 6xx and 7xx, or switch to higher Resolutions or Ultrawide, its a good moment. But still no 4k Card(which isnt a big deal for me). With OC the fastes Card atm. So what else is there to say. ? ?

Would you say the supposedly upcoming 1080ti will be a one card solution for 4k maxed out at 60 fraps ?

tbh we are almost there if we were to see the performance jump from the 980 to the 980ti , we might there with the 1080ti 

2 minutes ago, Techno-Kitty said:

Would you say the supposedly upcoming 1080ti will be a one card solution for 4k maxed out at 60 fraps ?

tbh we are almost there if we were to see the performance jump from the 980 to the 980ti , we might there with the 1080ti 

I think we will be there, especially with 4K 120hz monitors coming out 

if we go off a 1080ti having roughly 3000 cuda cores and posibly 2.5 ghz on the core and hbm 2 

we could see 4K ultra at 60 fps and maby 100 fps with Sli 

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933