How do You feel about the GTX1080's performance Now that the Benchmarks are officially out

1 minute ago, Techno-Kitty said:

Would you say the supposedly upcoming 1080ti will be a one card solution for 4k maxed out at 60 fraps ?

tbh we are almost there if we were to see the performance jump from the 980 to the 980ti , we might there with the 1080ti 

Maybe, its absolutly possible. But 4K will still eat so much performance. I rather have a fast Display and as much fps as possible. In my Eyes 1440p 144hz is still the way to go. Ultrawide when it becomes more of a supportet ratio. But yes, i think a 1080ti could handle 4k with 60fps for a limited amount of time.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

7 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Maybe, its absolutly possible. But 4K will still eat so much performance. I rather have a fast Display and as much fps as possible. In my Eyes 1440p 144hz is still the way to go. Ultrawide when it becomes more of a supportet ratio. But yes, i think a 1080ti could handle 4k with 60fps for a limited amount of time.

I have no need to upgrade because 2 980tis smashes 1440p 144hz

so untill there's something doing 4K 144hz 

on like a single card I probly won't upgrade 

because we're still console bound

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

1 minute ago, jjohnthedon1 said:

Same here with a single 980Ti and 1440p. I have 70-100FPS in Doom with Nightmare settings and 8xTSSAA. Without AA easy over the 100 all the time. Thats fast enough for me ;)

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

4 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Same here with a single 980Ti and 1440p. I have 70-100FPS in Doom with Nightmare settings and 8xTSSAA. Without AA easy over the 100 all the time. Thats fast enough for me ;)

7 minutes ago, jjohnthedon1 said:

Well great on you guys , i am rocking on a single 770 2gb so yea time for me to jump to a better build with a better card , thats why i am on a fence here, wait for a 1080ti or screw it and go for 2 1080.

4 minutes ago, Techno-Kitty said:

Well great on you guys , i am rocking on a single 770 2gb so yea time for me to jump to a better build with a better card , thats why i am on a fence here, wait for a 1080ti or screw it and go for 2 1080.

What Display do you have atm?

Just now, Praesi said:

What Display do you have atm?

haha i am really a shame to say this -

Sony 1080p television 

I was having a budget issue thus my build is semi build up .

1 minute ago, Techno-Kitty said:

haha i am really a shame to say this -

Sony 1080p television 

I was having a budget issue thus my build is semi build up .

What i would do in your Case is, safe Money for a 1440p IPS 144Hz Gsync Display. And than go for a new fast GPU, which would be a single 1080 or 1080Ti, or maybe a third solution. The longer you wait, the Cheaper it will become. Displays stay expensive way longer than GPU´s. When i switched from 1080p 60Hz TN to my current Display, my jaw almost fall off. Its another World.

Well i know, its all about the fucking Money, but buy a 1080+ for a 1080p TV is wasted Money.

Good Luck ;)

2 minutes ago, Praesi said:

What i would do in your Case is, safe Money for a 1440p IPS 144Hz Gsync Display. And than go for a new fast GPU, which would be a single 1080 or 1080Ti, or maybe a third solution. The longer you wait, the Cheaper it will become. Displays stay expensive way longer than GPU´s. When i switched from 1080p 60Hz TN to my current Display, my jaw almost fall off. Its another World.

Well i know, its all about the fucking Money, but buy a 1080+ for a 1080p TV is wasted Money.

Good Luck ;)

Yea i have already planed out my entire setup ,including the nas , but the total is SAF . i am now waiting for monitor refresh with new inputs like the dp2.0 and what not . i am in love the ultra wide displays , and yes it would be stupid to go for a 1080 on a 1080p tv xD

A card that's faster than the 980 Ti. That's about it. It has my thumbs up. 

22 minutes ago, Techno-Kitty said:

Wow. Be prepared to pay more for the 1080s after the price mark up in Singapore. xD 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

1 minute ago, Pohernori said:

A card that's faster than the 980 Ti. That's about it. It has my thumbs up. 

Wow. Be prepared to pay more for the 1080s after the price mark up in Singapore. xD 

Haha i am dodging Singapore stores becos of this. I am predicting its will like 1k sgd for it , founder's edtion will be around 1.1k cos of exclusive name?  i am aiming for amazon during black friday sales and cyber monday hehe , free shipping for me ....

then the 7%gst >.< 

10 minutes ago, Techno-Kitty said:

Haha i am dodging Singapore stores becos of this. I am predicting its will like 1k sgd for it , founder's edtion will be around 1.1k cos of exclusive name?  i am aiming for amazon during black friday sales and cyber monday hehe , free shipping for me ....

then the 7%gst >.< 

Won't warranty be a pain though? 

950SGD for those reference cards with plastic blower coolers. 1K and up for ones with after market coolers. 1.1K for the "founders edition" and 1.2K for ones with custom PCB. 

I wonder why AMD cards don't have the huge mark up.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

2 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

Won't warranty be a pain though? 

950SGD for those reference cards with plastic blower coolers. 1K and up for ones with after market coolers. 1.1K for the "founders edition" and 1.2K for ones with custom PCB. 

Yea should be around these kind of prices in SLS , for me not really , my gtx 770 lasted me for nearly 2 years without any issues and most of my other parts is still working fine till now all but the RE4 is from sg , and its the only one with problems .so yea i am kind of placing my trust on amazon , hope i dont jinx myself .

12 hours ago, Rob.Larby said:

I'm pretty impressed but I'm more interested in the 1070 for myself

Yup the x70 cards have been the best selling ones from Nvidia for a few get generations now 

14 hours ago, CostcoSamples said:

That's not at all what I'm talking about, but nice try.

So what were you trying to say?

Stop using a cryptic tongue in hopes of not being accountable for what you're saying.

Try again.

9 hours ago, yenic said:

I usually lean towards rooting for AMD because they can never get a break (or do anything right, it's like feeling sorry for a retard). But after being attacked by a bunch of AMD fanboys on this forum for a PERCEIVED attack on AMD- I'm very excited to see the 1080 benchmarks validate NV's claims, hit 2.5ghz OC that people said couldn't be done... and basically crush AMD poverty gamer tards to smithereens.

^^^So true.  Ha-ha-ha-ha!!!

I have never seen such an infestation of AMD fanboys on these boards anywhere.  You have members specifically asking for advice on which Nvidia cards to buy and you would have a couple of members foisting AMD products.  After failing to convince the OP, they start insulting them.  Ha-ha-ha-ha!  WTF is up with that?

I'm not impressed. It's faster than the 980ti by around 20%, It's also around 20% more expensive than the 980ti ($700 vs $570). It still doesn't have hardware support for async compute. I get that it's going to be the fastest card, but $700 for a reference card is insane. NVidia really did manage to hype this card up a lot, and there certainly are many people expecting it to actually cost $600 at launch (it wont). Overall, I think it's just a standard progression. No big news, no big changes, just the same old architecture with more cuda cores thrown in thanks to the die shrink. It's a disappointment in my opinion, and I don't see the card having much longevity thanks to DX12.

6 minutes ago, Malaki Titi said:

^^^So true.  Ha-ha-ha-ha!!!

I have never seen such an infestation of AMD fanboys on these boards anywhere.  You have members specifically asking for advice on which Nvidia cards to buy and you would have a couple of members foisting AMD products.  After failing to convince the OP, they start insulting them.  Ha-ha-ha-ha!  WTF is up with that?

I would insult anyone asking specifically for an NVidia card if they didn't need the specific proprietary features like CUDA acceleration. It's not AMD fanboyism to recommend an R9 380 4GB over a GTX 960 4GB (the most common GPU comparison), and anyone getting the latter card simply because it's NVidia is stupid unless they're only playing FO4 and refuse to turn down tessellation if they had an AMD card. Someone willfully getting a worse card due to brand loyalty is the fanboy, not the other way around.

11 minutes ago, Lotus said:

I'm not impressed. It's faster than the 980ti by around 20%, It's also around 20% more expensive than the 980ti ($700 vs $570).

It's slated to be $600.  980ti is currently at $650.  You mean cheaper and faster and more vram is a bad thing?

It still doesn't have hardware support for async compute.

If it tears thru DX12 titles FASTER than anything with native async compute... does it even matter?

I get that it's going to be the fastest card, but $700 for a reference card is insane.

Majority of the market do not buy reference cards.  Not to mention 3rd party coolers are cheaper.  Even AMD's top dog card costs $650 and will get obliterated by this.

NVidia really did manage to hype this card up a lot,

Product hype is part of marketing.  I remember AMD hyping up their Bulldozer cpus as they're going to bury Intel once and for all.  We all know how it turned out.

and there certainly are many people expecting it to actually cost $600 at launch (it wont).

You know this how?  If it sells for more than $600 it's not because Nvidia lied.  It's because of mark ups due to supply and demand.  Something you'll learn in Econ 101.

Overall, I think it's just a standard progression.

You WANT to progress.  If you don't, you get left behind by the competition.

No big news, no big changes,

This GPU kicked the ass of their biggest dog, the Titan for 1/2 the cost.  Wow, that's small news with small changes.

just the same old architecture with more cuda cores thrown in thanks to the die shrink.

Does saying that help you sleep at night?

and I don't see the card having much longevity thanks to DX12.

This gpu just demonstrated that the DX12 and async issues to be IRRELEVANT.

Either you're trolling or you have the IQ of a worm.

17 minutes ago, Lotus said:

I would insult anyone asking specifically for an NVidia card if they didn't need the specific proprietary features like CUDA acceleration. It's not AMD fanboyism to recommend an R9 380 4GB over a GTX 960 4GB (the most common GPU comparison), and anyone getting the latter card simply because it's NVidia is stupid unless they're only playing FO4 and refuse to turn down tessellation if they had an AMD card. Someone willfully getting a worse card due to brand loyalty is the fanboy, not the other way around.

There's no need to go into the benchmark comparison of both cards because they trade blows with one another.  Period.

However, if the original poster MADE IT CLEAR they want an Nvidia card, why do you feel that it's your God given duty to sway them to something else?  This is THE MOST ANNOYING THING I find with AMD fanboys.

Holy crap. The $600 price is for cards from add-in-board partners only. Reference cards cost $700, and they'll be the only cards available at launch. This is all publicly available information. People are just seeing the "$599 ($699 for founder's edition)" and not realizing what it actually means. The 1080 will NOT cost $600 until some time after launch. As for your other complaints, I don't think you understand the difference between expectations vs reality. The 980ti was already kicking the Titan X's ass thanks to aftermarket coolers and clock speeds. The 1080 is just more of the same, quite literally. Expected progress. Well, actually a let down if you fell for the hype.

960 and 380 trading blows? That's a very loose interpretation of benchmarks. The only games the R9 380 loses in are the gameworks games with high tessellation levels, which can be changed in the control panel so that the 380 wins every time if you limit max tessellation with no visual degredation. I addressed this point already. Arguing against benchmarks is really the definition of a fanboy. Also while it's not my "God given duty," it is in their best interests to point out the flaws in someone's reasoning. Calling someone a fanboy simply because they don't share in your fanboy is the height of hypocrisy. Also, I'm not an AMD fanboy. I recommend NVidia cards all the time, but only when it's appropriate.

2 hours ago, Lotus said:

Holy crap. The $600 price is for cards from add-in-board partners only. Reference cards cost $700, and they'll be the only cards available at launch. This is all publicly available information. People are just seeing the "$599 ($699 for founder's edition)" and not realizing what it actually means. The 1080 will NOT cost $600 until some time after launch. As for your other complaints, I don't think you understand the difference between expectations vs reality. The 980ti was already kicking the Titan X's ass thanks to aftermarket coolers and clock speeds. The 1080 is just more of the same, quite literally. Expected progress. Well, actually a let down if you fell for the hype.

960 and 380 trading blows? That's a very loose interpretation of benchmarks. The only games the R9 380 loses in are the gameworks games with high tessellation levels, which can be changed in the control panel so that the 380 wins every time if you limit max tessellation with no visual degredation. I addressed this point already. Arguing against benchmarks is really the definition of a fanboy. Also while it's not my "God given duty," it is in their best interests to point out the flaws in someone's reasoning. Calling someone a fanboy simply because they don't share in your fanboy is the height of hypocrisy. Also, I'm not an AMD fanboy. I recommend NVidia cards all the time, but only when it's appropriate.

You are such a confused boy.

Everyone and their grandmother has already seen that the 1080 was at least 30% ahead of the Titan and 980ti on benchmarks recently done.  It isn't just a "slight" update.  Specially when you consider the price.

And for the last time, if someone is asking the opinion of an Nvidia card, if you can't answer, it's best just to keep your mouth closed.  It's like someone asking which is your favorite ice cream flavor and you stick your face in the argument and you tell them they should have pepperoni pizza.

Anyways, arguing with you is like arguing with a corpse.

Try not to have to painful of a death from envy.

/over and out with you.

When a 34% increase in GTAV, 31% in Battlefield Hardline, and 29% in Whitcher 3 is 'around 20%'. Because who needs to actually do the math when you can make baseless assertions while comparing apples to oranges? 

Also, as for the Founder's edition being $700, I have a plan. Don't buy it. So it will be the only one available at launch? Well, I just so happen to have another wacky idea.....wait. 

You should put some Neosporin on those hands. They're all scraped up from the straw grasping. :D 

11 hours ago, alphaproject said:

Prices of the 1070 and 1080 are what kills the Maxwell market, not the performance.

Imagine had the 1080 been $800 - would people still care about Maxwell, yes.

If the 1070 was $550?   Not even crazy prices compared to the 980 Ti.

If these cards all beat Maxwell.... they could have done this but they didn't and we should just be happy.  Unless you own a Titan X now, lol.

Nvidia killed Maxwell... why...?? no idea.

Because it pressures people with Maxwell to upgrade sooner than they probably need to.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

57 minutes ago, JamGorby said:

When a 34% increase in GTAV, 31% in Battlefield Hardline, and 29% in Whitcher 3 is 'around 20%'. Because who needs to actually do the math when you can make baseless assertions while comparing apples to oranges? 

Also, as for the Founder's edition being $700, I have a plan. Don't buy it. So it will be the only one available at launch? Well, I just so happen to have another wacky idea.....wait. 

You should put some Neosporin on those hands. They're all scraped up from the straw grasping. :D 

You're right on the benchmarks. I was looking at synthetics. However, you're entirely wrong on the price standpoint. It's not fair to wait for the $600 price and compare it to a 980ti's current price. I also was wrong about that too. You can actually get them for as low as $540 making the 1080's $700 price 30% more expensive. Again, if you're willing to wait for the price drop, then you'll have to factor in the corresponding maxwell price drop as well.

At no point have I ever said the 1080 is a bad card. It's going to be the best card that will be available. I'm simply pointing out it's not living up to the hype and doesn't have insane price to performance that everyone claimed it was going to have compared to current cards. It's price/performance is the same as the 980ti, the current high-end card, not better. I did also point out its lack of async compute, which I do think will be a weakness in the future if DX12 takes off.

41 minutes ago, sgloux3470 said:

Because it pressures people with Maxwell to upgrade sooner than they probably need to.

It's called progress.