GTX 1080 will be limited to 2 way SLI

ALN118
On 5/11/2016 at 11:29 PM, Bajantechnician said:

8k, 144 fps?

Nope, with the scaling we've seen up to now 4 cards will give you 250% performance max compared to a single card. You may be able to do 8k (if you don't run into vram limitations) with it, but not at more than 60 fps.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please聽馃え

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

4 minutes ago, RZeroX said:

Probably on accident since it was removed...

But Jayztwocents has been saying this for weeks now. People really need to stop parroting blatantly wrong information.

LINK->聽Kurald Galain:聽 The Night Eternal

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU:聽i7-5820k //聽GPU:聽SLIMSI 980ti Gaming 6G //Cooling:Full Custom WC //Mobo:ASUS X99 Sabertooth //聽Ram:32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport //Boot SSD:Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB 聽//聽PSU:EVGA Supernova 850G2 //聽Case:Fractal Design Define S Windowed //OS:聽Windows 10 //聽Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma聽//聽Keyboard:聽Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset:Senn RS185聽//聽Monitor:ASUS PG348Q //聽Devices:Note 10+聽- Surface Book 2 15"

LINK->聽Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU:聽Xeon E3-1231v3聽聽//Cooling:Noctua L9x65聽//Mobo:AsRock E3C224D2I聽//聽Ram:16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB聽聽//聽PSU:EVGA聽650GQ聽//聽Case:Fractal Design Node 304聽//OS:聽FreeNAS

19 hours ago, GlassBomb said:

Nothing is 100% confirmed as of yet. EVGA did make a statement that the 1080 could only do 2-SLI, but they retracted that statement.

Just wait a couple more days until the NDA is lifted so that true benchmarks and information can come out.

that forum post is not there any more. i tweeted jayztwocents and he denied the claim. he got 3 for his system and quoted nvidia directly

Returning after 8 years dormant

1 minute ago, Maverick5500 said:

that forum post is not there any more. i tweeted jayztwocents and he denied the claim. he got 3 for his system and quoted nvidia directly

Yeah, that's what I mean. Same thing with some mention that Linus did, that also got pulled. Probably for NDA reasons.

I'm just going to sit and wait for stuff to be properly confirmed. There are just a couple more days left until the NDA is lifted.

5 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

Yeah, that's what I mean. Same thing with some mention that Linus did, that also got pulled. Probably for NDA reasons.

I'm just going to sit and wait for stuff to be properly confirmed. There are just a couple more days left until the NDA is lifted.

do we know when it will be lifted?

Returning after 8 years dormant

3 minutes ago, Maverick5500 said:

do we know when it will be lifted?

17th is from what I have heard.

jayztwocents just put a video up confirming the rumors, I won't dignify putting a link to his video because of the utter idiotic way聽he presented it

he basically confirms that nVidia has locked GTX10xx series to 2 way SLI, with an option to unlock 3 and 4 way - I suspect for a fee ?!?! he wasn't very clear

the new hard 2 way SLI bridges were developed because the existing flexible ones showed decrease in bandwidth - I suspect lack of shielding to prevent聽interference聽

for DX12, business as usual - if developers supports explicit multi adapters, you can put as many as you like

if not .... well, waste of $

4 hours ago, zMeul said:

jayztwocents just put a video up confirming the rumors, I won't dignify putting a link to his video because of the utter idiotic way聽he presented it

he basically confirms that nVidia has locked GTX10xx series to 2 way SLI, with an option to unlock 3 and 4 way - I suspect for a fee ?!?! he wasn't very clear

the new hard 2 way SLI bridges were developed because the existing flexible ones showed decrease in bandwidth - I suspect lack of shielding to prevent聽interference聽

for DX12, business as usual - if developers supports explicit multi adapters, you can put as many as you like

Could you misrepresent Jayz video any more?

The entire point of his video wasn't to confirm this rumour, it was to inform the community that its not entirely true and infact 3 & 4 way SLI IS possible for those that want to unlock it. He made it very clear that you'll need an existing 3 or 4 way hard bridge from Asus, EVGA etc, 3 & 4 way soft bridges will not work and there was zero indication of any fee for doing it either.

Finally its business as usual for DX11, these changes do not affect DX11 at all. On DX12 it comes down to implicit mode (engine controlled) or explicit mode (DX12 controlled).

I will link his video because I fell its important people actually watch it.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Could you misrepresent Jayz video any more?

The entire point of his video wasn't to confirm this rumour, it was to inform the community that its not entirely true and infact 3 & 4 way SLI IS possible for those that want to unlock it.

I didn't miss represented him at all

he raged like an idiot for minutes at KitGuru for a "something"聽that started on EVGA's own forums by EVGA's own people

jay confirmed to the point(!)聽that implicit SLI is actually limited to 2 way unless you "beg" nvidia for a driver key to unlock 3 and 4 way

Spoiler

5uPun3j.png

absolutely nothing that he said wasn't contradictory or corrective to what was rumored

the hard bridges thing was speculation on people's part

9 hours ago, zMeul said:

It's free and they created the dual channel HB bridge to enhance 2-way more due to perceived negative ROI in gaming

Spartan 1.0

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120XL 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Extreme ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Dominator 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: OCZ Vector Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Classified ACX 2.0 Video Card
Case: Thermaltake Urban S41 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: LG BH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Optical Drive: LG BH10LS30 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sound Card: Creative Labs ZXR 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card
Monitor: 2x Asus VG278HE 27.0" 144Hz Monitor
Keyboard: Logitech G19s Wired Gaming Keyboard
Keyboard: Razer Orbweaver Elite Mechanical Gaming Keypad Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech G700s Wireless Laser Mouse
Headphones: Creative Labs EVO ZxR 7.1 Channel聽 Headset
Speakers: Creative Labs GigaWorks T40 Series II 32W 2ch Speakers

Hades 1.0

Spoiler

Laptop: Dell Alienware 15 2015

CPU: i7-4720HQ CPU

Memory: 16GB DDR3 SODIMM RAM

Storage: 256GB M.2 SSD

Storage: 1TB 5400rpm 2.5" HDD

Screen: 15.6" FHD Display

Video Card: Nvidia GTX 970M with 3GB

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Project: Spartan 1.2 PLEASE SUPPORT ME NEW CHANNEL > Tech Inquisition

9 hours ago, zMeul said:

In other words, you couldn't have misrepresented Jayz video any more.