What Really Grinds Your Gears?

JLCitadel

Just backspace the picture out, thats what I do 

Hmm.. I feel like spoilers should be added, if you delete the picture it sorta doesn't make sense.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

when teenagers who are spoiled think that they have legitimate complaints with society.

also, this needs to be in off topic, not general discussion

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

You know what grinds my gear, people that code like this:

//deceleration at top

int j = 0;

int i = 0;

//this crap is posted over 500 times and does jack shit

if( i == 0){

i=i;

j=j;

}

If someone can tell me why in the hell this if statement would be in a program over 500 times I will give them $1,000,000. 

Agreed, SSD's are great and all but mechanical drives have better value and are still pretty quick anyway

I think an SSD for an OS is all that's necessary. Slow boots drive me bonkers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

& he's your mentor? *part of me lost hope for the future*

He is the one who taught me to use cameras and stuff like premiere. Then last week he's like you know what I've come to realize that my sandy bridge i7 3x sli 570 workstation just isn't good enough for me. And this t4i is just to bulky to make this movie on" "so i'm just gonna buy a 128gb ipad and a black magic pocket"

Then he got on a bus and I never saw him again... so I guess life lesson learned... 

timon_jaw_drop.gif

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

People who hate on Apple products for no reason besides it being "cool".

People who hate on consoles because they're part of "PC master race".

Those are the two big ones that bother me right now. A lot come and go.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

when teenagers who are spoiled think that they have legitimate complaints with society.

also, this needs to be in off topic, not general discussion

your pic gave me the idea for this forum lmao

He is the one who taught me to use cameras and stuff like premiere. Then last week he's like you know what I've come to realize that my sandy bridge i7 3x sli 570 workstation just isn't good enough for me. And this t4i is just to bulky to make this movie on" "so i'm just gonna buy a 128gb ipad and a black magic pocket"

Then he got on a bus and I never saw him again... so I guess life lesson learned... 

timon_jaw_drop.gif

That's harsh, happened to me in elementary school.

When people tell me a console game looks amazing. When people say they don't need an SSD. When people drop 2k on a a Macbook to check email and use facebook. You can't see more than 60 FPS, everyone and their mother making a new thread about headphone recommendations instead of doing some research and asking opinions on headphones.

Calling my ISP to ask them to politely fix their shit before being promptly told to unplug the modem and plug it back in, and then (what enrages me the most) connect the modem directly to my computer.

Being driven to tears when trying to write on the back side of a piece of paper in a binder. Life must be painful for lefties.

The reasons that I hear people justify buying the Iphone 5 and the Iphone 6 in 3 months.

Personally I hate when the ATM machine is covered in spider webs and the way those dirty buttons feel.

Well...this... :D

I also have a putrid hatred for Kitchen salesmen.

One of them came to my door today and I still have him tied down in my basement. Im blaring Rebecca Blacks "Friday" so eventually he will lose track of time.

Anyways, carry on

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

People who hate on Apple products for no reason besides it being "cool".

People who hate on consoles because they're part of "PC master race".

Those are the two big ones that bother me right now. A lot come and go.

No one hates on apple products because they're "cool", they obviously look good an are stylish, I hate them cause they're over priced as fuck and not that good quality.

I agree that's sorta silly, everyone has their different preference for platforms. Which steam might be impacting soon, I wonder :3

When people tell me a console game looks amazing. When people say they don't need an SSD. When people drop 2k on a a Macbook to check email and use facebook. You can't see more than 60 FPS, everyone and their mother making a new thread about headphone recommendations instead of doing some research and asking opinions on headphones.

The reasons that I hear people justify buying the Iphone 5 and the Iphone 6 in 3 months.

This, with added: When people have a technical issue and they want a push button solution, they call me over (even at school I'm the technical support guy) so I can solve it, instead of spending five or ten minutes doing the research to find the solution. When Mr. I-Know-Everything-about-Everything-Especially-Tech (Wow, long name dude) tells everyone a load of bullshit, thinking it's right, and then when I try to correct him, he just says "No, you're wrong, I'm more popular than you, shut up nerd." He also tries to get in my way when I fix someones PC, and normally makes it take twice as long. Still, I have scored a victory against him. I let him try to fix something once, quarter of an hour later and he was still stuck, making shit up, spamming the keyboard in CMD. I went over and plugged in the audio jack. Fixed. But anyhow, this guy is also the one who recommends 64GB of RAM, a Athlon 2 and a 5450/460. Scumbag.

Gaming and Editing: Intel Core i7-4930k 4.6Ghz 6-Core Processor - EK Supremacy CSQ CPU WaterblockASUS P9X79 ATX Motherboard - Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (8x4GB) 1866 Memory - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black 1200Mhz 6GB W/ EK FC780 Ti Nickel Waterblock Graphics Card  - Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive x3 - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD x2 - Fractal Design Define R4 Window Modded - BitFenix Spectre Pro Blue LED 140mm Fan x1 - BitFenix Spectre PWM LED 120mm Fan x4 - Corsair HX850 80 Plus Gold Modular Power SupplyMicrosoft Windows 8 64-bit Operating System

One I've encountered recently is people spelling definitely as defiantly.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

No one hates on apple products because they're "cool", they obviously look good an are stylish, I hate them cause they're over priced as fuck and not that good quality.

I agree that's sorta silly, everyone has their different preference for platforms. Which steam might be impacting soon, I wonder :3

No, I meant as in it's "cool" to hate on Apple.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

when people don't eat their potatoes.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

One of them came to my door today and I still have him tied down in my basement. Im blaring Rebecca Blacks "Friday" so eventually he will lose track of time.

Anyways, carry on

Bowling for soup 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWyuW4tn-H4

#KilledMyWife 

Anyways, carry on

you left me gasping for air, but I've never encountered a kitchen salesman.. only traveling bible boys

when people don't eat their potatoes.

hey sorry I was off my meds, and u waz flying and stuff and I was the one in the copter but I was eating an icecream and it spilled all over my I don't give a hoot shirt. So sorry about yesterday Lays 

#KilledMyWife 

No, I meant as in it's "cool" to hate on Apple.

Hmm, I would almost think the opposite, don't more people own apple products then don't? Which would mean hating on apple products makes you a hipster. Then people think hipsters are cool? CONUNDRUM! Haha I see your point though.

One I've encountered recently is people spelling definitely as defiantly.

Sometimes spell check can be a double edged sword :3

Hmm, I would almost think the opposite, don't more people own apple products then don't? Which would mean hating on apple products makes you a hipster. Then people think hipsters are cool? CONUNDRUM! Haha I see your point though.

Market share says other wise, but regardless.

you left me gasping for air, but I've never encountered a kitchen salesman.. only traveling bible boys

I hope no one takes this the wrong way....just heads up

My friend and I went to a Halloween party last year but neither of us had any costume ideas so we just winged it.

I went as some 80's guy and he pulls up with a white button down, black shoes, slacks and tie, riding a bike with a helment carrying the Book of Mormon. I laughed for weeks after that.

Sorry the bible boy made me think of that

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Anyways, carry on

Best part of America is the freedom to hate whatever you want. :P

I let him try to fix something once, quarter of an hour later and he was still stuck, making shit up, spamming the keyboard in CMD. I went over and plugged in the audio jack. Fixed. But anyhow, this guy is also the one who recommends 64GB of RAM, a Athlon 2 and a 5450/460. Scumbag.

This is the kind of person that is beyond saving, you're better off just letting him do his thing and dealing with him in non confrontational ways.

But yea, this thread should be moved to OT.

Error: 410

People who are intolerable of other people's cultures... And the Dutch! 

Seriously though, too many things to list. 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

This, with added: When people have a technical issue and they want a push button solution, they call me over (even at school I'm the technical support guy) so I can solve it, instead of spending five or ten minutes doing the research to find the solution. When Mr. I-Know-Everything-about-Everything-Especially-Tech (Wow, long name dude) tells everyone a load of bullshit, thinking it's right, and then when I try to correct him, he just says "No, you're wrong, I'm more popular than you, shut up nerd." He also tries to get in my way when I fix someones PC, and normally makes it take twice as long. Still, I have scored a victory against him. I let him try to fix something once, quarter of an hour later and he was still stuck, making shit up, spamming the keyboard in CMD. I went over and plugged in the audio jack. Fixed. But anyhow, this guy is also the one who recommends 64GB of RAM, a Athlon 2 and a 5450/460. Scumbag.

Sounds like you hate a particular fellow quite a bit. Wish I could help you, I like beatn the crap outa guys like that. Being 6'2 200lbs and knowing tech comes in handy.