What Really Grinds Your Gears?

JLCitadel

Market share says other wise, but regardless.

Oh really? What's the current share

I hope no one takes this the wrong way....just heads up

My friend and I went to a Halloween party last year but neither of us had any costume ideas so we just winged it.

I went as some 80's guy and he pulls up with a white button down, black shoes, slacks and tie, riding a bike with a helment carrying the Book of Mormon. I laughed for weeks after that.

Sorry the bible boy made me think of that

... you were born to make me laugh

Best part of America is the freedom to hate whatever you want. :P

This is the kind of person that is beyond saving, you're better off just letting him do his thing and dealing with him in non confrontational ways.

But yea, this thread should be moved to OT.

Oh well, it's fun and it's about general frustration, :)

People who are intolerable of other people's cultures... And the Dutch! 

Seriously though, too many things to list. 

Isn't that hypocritical..?

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When people yell overkill at your chosen PC components because THEY would never need that much power for THEIR use.

Every part has someone who needs it for use. That's why they exist. 

When some spoiled brats keep screaming to get new PC every year just so that they can brag to others about their new PC. 

prebuilders *cringe*

when i add rush processing and 3 day shipping on a new products and it takes 5 days to ship.

I never pay for shipping simply because of this. I've received products 5 days early. It's honestly completely random in my opinion.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh really? What's the current share

Phone:

http://techcrunch.com/2013/08/07/android-nears-80-market-share-in-global-smartphone-shipments-as-ios-and-blackberry-share-slides-per-idc/

PC market share:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-57593170-92/lenovo-tops-hp-amid-weak-pc-market/

Apple would "win" in PC market share if we included iPads however. But we're not.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

Hmm, I suppose it's because apple os are limited to apple products ( for the most part on the consumer end ) and android isn't a 'phone' it's a operating system on tons of different phones.

Sounds like you hate a particular fellow quite a bit. Wish I could help you, I like beatn the crap outa guys like that. Being 6'2 200lbs and knowing tech comes in handy.

Well he may have broken his nose one day... Not my fault, obviously *whistles nonchalantly*

Best part of America is the freedom to hate whatever you want. :P

This is the kind of person that is beyond saving, you're better off just letting him do his thing and dealing with him in non confrontational ways.

But yea, this thread should be moved to OT.

Maybe holy water and a motherboard manual could begin to free him from the grip of the stupid tech demon. Also, I live in the UK, but I'm still free to hate whomever I want! *glares around* Alright?!

Gaming and Editing: Intel Core i7-4930k 4.6Ghz 6-Core Processor - EK Supremacy CSQ CPU WaterblockASUS P9X79 ATX Motherboard - Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (8x4GB) 1866 Memory - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black 1200Mhz 6GB W/ EK FC780 Ti Nickel Waterblock Graphics Card  - Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive x3 - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD x2 - Fractal Design Define R4 Window Modded - BitFenix Spectre Pro Blue LED 140mm Fan x1 - BitFenix Spectre PWM LED 120mm Fan x4 - Corsair HX850 80 Plus Gold Modular Power SupplyMicrosoft Windows 8 64-bit Operating System

... you were born to make me laugh

I was actuallu born because my mommy and daddy love eachother very much.

But that story is a little too off topic for Off Topic...

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

How ridiculously expensive phones are getting.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Well he may have broken his nose one day... Not my fault, obviously *whistles nonchalantly*

Maybe holy water and a motherboard manual could begin to free him from the grip of the stupid tech demon. Also, I live in the UK, but I'm still free to hate whomever I want! *glares around* Alright?!

That's a story you'll have to tell me sometime.

I was actuallu born because my mommy and daddy love eachother very much.

But that story is a little too off topic for Off Topic...

...inbox me this interesting story... wink.

How ridiculously expensive phones are getting.

I never pay more then 100$ for a new phone. <3 service plan extentions for sprint. 60$ a month for unlimited everything.

You know what really grinds my gears? People who think jersey shore is better then anime. just die please.

when people talk about bottlenecking without knowing what they're talking about.

(someone talking to my friend)
"that athlon 640 is holding you back, you should upgrade..."
holding him back? doesnt max out in bf3, gta 4 or any other heavily threaded game, and who cares about an extra 15% more frames in minecraft when your already getting 150+fps?

when i hear "we're living in a technological age"......oh really? so how come theres so many people out there who know NOTHING and dont care about it? you'd think if it mattered people would care, but NO they carry on mindless
their son has a dell 530s with a pentium d, 32 bit windows and wants to game (minecraft and world of tanks) but complains its slow.

they assume its ram because they read it somewhere so they pay the guy at maplin £70 for 1x8gb dimm of ram, so they then get it installed by a local pc shop for £20 who then points out they need 64 bit windows so they then got charged another £70 for a 64 bit version of windows.

so they go home and its still slow, the kid reads that he needs a graphics card!! so him and mum go to maplin to say they need a graphics card, they buy a 5450 or a gt210 for £30 and the kid installs it himself (after lots of googling) and proclaims himself an expert and "pc builder".

now that he's a 1337 gamer he wants to try his hand at battlefield 3 and gta4, but low and behold its not powerful enough. mom sick and tired of the £210 shes spent so far buys an xbox 360 and puts the pc on gumtree/craiglist and they both end up thinking consoles are better than pc's.

AND WE HAVE TO READ THIS S*** ON YOUTUBE!!!

Falcon: Corsair 750D 8320at4.6ghz 1.3v | 4GB MSI Gaming R9-290 @1000/1250 | 2x8GB 2400mhz Kingston HyperX Beast | Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula | Antec H620 | Corsair RM750w | Crucial M500 240GB, Toshiba 2TB, DarkThemeMasterRace, my G3258 has an upgrade path, my fx8320 doesn't need one...total cost £840=cpu£105, board£65, ram£105, Cooler £20, GPU£200, PSU£88, SSD£75, HDD£57, case£125.

CASE:-NZXT S340 Black, CPU:-FX8120 @4.2Ghz, COOLER:-CM Hyper 212 EVO, BOARD:-MSI 970 Gaming, RAM:-2x4gb 2400mhz Corsair Vengeance Pro, GPU: SLI EVGA GTX480's @700/1000, PSU:-Corsair CX600m, HDD:-WD green 160GB+2TB toshiba
CASE:-(probably) Cooltek U1, CPU:-G3258 @4.5ghx, COOLER:-stock(soon "MSI Dragon" AiO likely), BOARD:-MSI z87i ITX Gaming, RAM:-1x4gb 1333mhz Patriot, GPU: Asus DCU2 r9-270 OC@1000/1500mem, PSU:-Sweex 350w.., HDD:-WD Caviar Blue 640GB
CASE:-TBD, CPU:-Core2Quad QX9650 @4Ghz, COOLER:-OCZ 92mm tower thing, BOARD:-MSI p43-c51, RAM:-4x1GB 800mhz Corsair XMS2, GPU: Zotac GTX460se @800/1000, PSU:-OCZ600sxs, HDD:-WD green 160GBBlueJean-A
 CASE:-Black/Blue Sharkoon T9, CPU:-Phenom2 x4 B55 @3.6Ghz/1.4v, COOLER:-FX8320 Stock HSF, BOARD:-M5A78L-M/USB3, RAM:-4GB 1333mhz Kingston low profile at 1600mhz, GPU:-EVGA GTX285, PSU:-Antec TP550w modu, STORAGE:-240gb  M500+2TB Toshiba
CASE:-icute zl02-3g-bb, CPU:-Phenom2 X6 1055t @3.5Ghz, COOLER:-Stock, BOARD:-Asrock m3a UCC, RAM:2x2GB 1333mhz Zeppelin (thats yellow!), GPU: XFX 1GB HD6870xxx, PSU:-some 450 POS, HDD:-WD Scorpio blue 120GB
CASE:-Packard Bell iMedia X2424, Custom black/red Aerocool Xpredator fulltower, CPU's:-E5200, C2D [email protected]<script cf-hash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>(so e8500), COOLER:-Scythe Big shuriken2 Rev B, BFG gtx260 sp216 OC, RAM:-tons..
Gigabyte GTX460, Gigabyte gt430,
GPU's:-GT210 1GB,  asus hd6670 1GB gddr5, XFX XXX 9600gt 512mb Alpha dog edition, few q6600's
PICTURES CASE:-CIT mars black+red, CPU:-Athlon K6 650mhz slot A, COOLER:-Stock, BOARD:-QDI Kinetiz 7a, RAM:-256+256+256MB 133mhz SDram, GPU:-inno3d geforce4 mx440 64mb, PSU:-E-Zcool 450w, STORAGE:-2x WD 40gb "black" drives,
CASE:-silver/red raidmax cobra, CPU:-Athlon64 4000+, COOLER:-BIG stock one, BOARD:-MSI something*, RAM:-(matched pair)2x1GB 400mhz ECC transcend, GPU:-ati 9800se@375core/325mem, PSU:-pfft, HDD:-2x maxtor 80gb,
PICTURES CASE:-silver/red raidmax cobra (another), CPU:-Pentium4 2.8ghz prescott, COOLER:-Artic Coolering Freezer4, BOARD:-DFI lanparty infinity 865 R2, RAM:-(matched pair)2x1GB 400mhz kingston, GPU:-ati 9550@375core/325mem, PSU:-pfft, HDD:-another 2x WD 80gb,
CASE:-ML110 G4, CPU:-xeon 4030, COOLER:-stock leaf blower, BOARD:-stock raid 771 board, RAM:-2x2GB 666mhz kingston ECC ddr2, GPU:-9400GT 1GB, PSU:-stock delta, RAID:-JMicron JMB363 card+onboard raid controller, HDD:-320gb hitachi OS, 2xMaxtor 160gb raid1, 500gb samsungSP, 160gb WD, LAPTOP:-Dell n5030, CPU:-replaced s*** cel900 with awesome C2D E8100, RAM:-2x2GB 1333mhz ddr3, HDD:-320gb, PHONE's:-LG optimus 3D (p920) on 2.3.5@300-600mhz de-clock (batteryFTW)

That's a story you'll have to tell me sometime.

I'll work on it, maybe removing the cussing and the feeling of blood running down my fingers... Sorry, got off track there.  :P

Gaming and Editing: Intel Core i7-4930k 4.6Ghz 6-Core Processor - EK Supremacy CSQ CPU WaterblockASUS P9X79 ATX Motherboard - Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (8x4GB) 1866 Memory - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black 1200Mhz 6GB W/ EK FC780 Ti Nickel Waterblock Graphics Card  - Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive x3 - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD x2 - Fractal Design Define R4 Window Modded - BitFenix Spectre Pro Blue LED 140mm Fan x1 - BitFenix Spectre PWM LED 120mm Fan x4 - Corsair HX850 80 Plus Gold Modular Power SupplyMicrosoft Windows 8 64-bit Operating System

When people tell me a console game looks amazing. When people say they don't need an SSD. When people drop 2k on a a Macbook to check email and use facebook. You can't see more than 60 FPS, everyone and their mother making a new thread about headphone recommendations instead of doing some research and asking opinions on headphones.

Calling my ISP to ask them to politely fix their shit before being promptly told to unplug the modem and plug it back in, and then (what enrages me the most) connect the modem directly to my computer.

Being driven to tears when trying to write on the back side of a piece of paper in a binder. Life must be painful for lefties.

The reasons that I hear people justify buying the Iphone 5 and the Iphone 6 in 3 months.

When people say "SSD drive or HDD drive". I just just want to ask them about their solid state drive drive.

Personally I hate when the ATM machine is covered in spider webs and the way those dirty buttons feel.

Please tell me about this automated teller machine machine.

You know what REALLY grinds my gears? people who think pot shouldn't be legalized, yet they drink alcohol. Like what?

thatsthejoke.jpg

unless you knew what I meant in which case, disregard.

Error: 410

You deserve a medal.

People who make claims without research or being 100% certain.

Good Morning...

Well, recently there have been topics about encounters with people who don't really understand tech or similar posts. This made me think, everyone has a few odd things that irritate them a lot, or at least most people do. So I'm curious what things you see that bother you? What do you do when this happens?

You know what really grinds my gears? People who drive five miles an hour below the speed limit and sit in the left lane.

Keep it friendly and funny!

This:

kcaetn.jpg

][ CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t @3,7GHz ][ GPU: GTX 660 2GB ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 8GB @1450Mhz CL9 DDR3 ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: SilentiumPC Regnum L50 ][ CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo & Arctic MX4 ][

Another thing that really annoys me is how its horrid for me to have an alienware keyboard for some reason, i got a £60 for £2, how can i complain yet people like i dont know anything about pcs when ive built at least 100 and maybe the only thing i cant do is a customer water loop. This is ridculous that having a keyboard from an oem company means its bad. How about i start talking to asus users saying they are noobs for using oem stuff, this logic is stupid and the people saying it should be excoriated,

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

This:

kcaetn.jpg

Jokes on you, the bottem thread is a sandy bridge processor and both at the top are haswell, haswell xeon has a v3 at the end of it.

Listen if you care.

Jokes on you, the bottem thread is a sandy bridge processor and both at the top are haswell, haswell xeon has a v3 at the end of it.

What's irritating about that? The 1150 xeons are basically the same as the i5/i7s for the most part

It was basically few threads below to find a huge discussion and all the answers he needed.

][ CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t @3,7GHz ][ GPU: GTX 660 2GB ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 8GB @1450Mhz CL9 DDR3 ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: SilentiumPC Regnum L50 ][ CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo & Arctic MX4 ][