wrong kit?please help!

I recently purchase Thermaltake LCS Pacific RL240 Water Cooling Kit but when I look for the specifications it doesnt list on the RL240 the LGA1151 I thought I read correctly on the first time that I was buying the right cooling kit but I read the RL360 not the RL240 :( my order will deliver internationally via sea cargo.. when it arrives.. what else I can do to be able to use this kit? should I replace the water block only? should it fit on the LGA1151? sell RL240 and buy the correct one? what else I can do guys please help.. this is my first time building with watercooling.. still waiting for my other computer parts..

1 minute ago, karptintero klan said:

I recently purchase Thermaltake LCS Pacific RL240 Water Cooling Kit but when I look for the specifications it doesnt list on the RL240 the LGA1151 I thought I read correctly on the first time that I was buying the right cooling kit but I read the RL360 not the RL240 :( my order will deliver internationally via sea cargo.. when it arrives.. what else I can do to be able to use this kit? should I replace the water block only? should it fit on the LGA1151? sell RL240 and buy the correct one? what else I can do guys please help.. this is my first time building with watercooling.. still waiting for my other computer parts..

Welcome to the Forums!

That block will work with LGA 1151 but I really don't recommend any kits from thermaltake as they use a mixed metal loop which does with with compatible fluids but really should be avoided. 

3 minutes ago, karptintero klan said:

I'm guessing that it might work with the 1151 socket, I'm not sure, I would ask someone who has more experience in this then me :)

7 minutes ago, partypanda64 said:

I'm guessing that it might work with the 1151 socket, I'm not sure, I would ask someone who has more experience in this then me :)

I read some article also in google but not so sure as well :(

Thermaltake makes some really bad quality stuff, I would never put their parts into my PC especially if tis filled with water and could leak at any time and kill everything

I would recommend selling it and buying something better quality, such as alphacool, EKWB, XSPC, bitspower, monsoon, etc

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

like @W-L said, Thermaktake kits aren't generally great, I would go with anything from EK. I'm using a custom built loop in my current build, and it works phenomenally :) 

9 minutes ago, W-L said:

Welcome to the Forums!

That block will work with LGA 1151 but I really don't recommend any kits from thermaltake as they use a mixed metal loop which does with with compatible fluids but really should be avoided. 

Thank you sir.. this is my first time registering on the forum.. I used to read only then I made up my mind to build my on rig..

so I mess up already buying this kit? :( any recommendations

3 minutes ago, karptintero klan said:

Thank you sir.. this is my first time registering on the forum.. I used to read only then I made up my mind to build my on rig..

Pretty much anything from EK. Also some AIO coolers are good if your only looking to cool the CPU, personally I only use the corsair AIO's but I've heard there are some other pretty good ones around. Also, out of curiosity? What's the specs to your new rig?

"Cooling solutions for sockets LGA 1151, 1150, 1155 and 1156 are interchangeable as they have the same distance of 75 mm between each screw hole.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGA_1151

I think you should be fine? 

2 minutes ago, karptintero klan said:

It's not terrible but just not ideal since they use an aluminum rad making it a mixed metal loop, which should generally be avoided to help limit the possibility of corrosion issues. As mentioned EKWB has some really good quality kits and components, the P series are probably some of their best ones:

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/kits

Galvanic corrosion:

Not a good thing to deal with...

s

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

On 5/3/2016 at 7:58 AM, W-L said:

It's not terrible but just not ideal since they use an aluminum rad making it a mixed metal loop, which should generally be avoided to help limit the possibility of corrosion issues. As mentioned EKWB has some really good quality kits and components, the P series are probably some of their best ones:

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/kits

Ok I bought this ek kit as per recommendations.. i will wait for it then sell my Thermaltake RL240 Kit.. I'm thinking about watercooling my gpu as well..

On 5/3/2016 at 7:55 AM, partypanda64 said:

Pretty much anything from EK. Also some AIO coolers are good if your only looking to cool the CPU, personally I only use the corsair AIO's but I've heard there are some other pretty good ones around. Also, out of curiosity? What's the specs to your new rig?

current parts i have:

mobo: Asus Maximus VIII Ranger

videocard: gigabyte geforce gtx970

ssd: patriot 960gb

hdd: wd 2tb

on the way:

psu: thermaltake tough power DPS G 1050W

water kit: Thermaltake RL240 Kit (to be sell)

EK-KIT P240 (to be use)

still undecided:

procesor: i5 6600 or i7 ? still undecided

memory: gskill ? either 16gb or 32gb

towercase: any suggestions/recommendations?

still thinking about water cooling the gpu..

5 hours ago, karptintero klan said:

Ok I bought this ek kit as per recommendations.. i will wait for it then sell my Thermaltake RL240 Kit.. I'm thinking about watercooling my gpu as well..

current parts i have:

mobo: Asus Maximus VIII Ranger

videocard: gigabyte geforce gtx970

ssd: patriot 960gb

hdd: wd 2tb

on the way:

psu: thermaltake tough power DPS G 1050W

water kit: Thermaltake RL240 Kit (to be sell)

EK-KIT P240 (to be use)

still undecided:

procesor: i5 6600 or i7 ? still undecided

memory: gskill ? either 16gb or 32gb

towercase: any suggestions/recommendations?

still thinking about water cooling the gpu..

If your planning on doing a CPU and GPU loop I would recommend to either get the 360mm kit or have an extra 240mm rad if your looking for dead silent cooling. A good rule of thumb is 120mm of rad space per component plus one extra 120mm space. 

On 5/5/2016 at 6:11 AM, W-L said:

If your planning on doing a CPU and GPU loop I would recommend to either get the 360mm kit or have an extra 240mm rad if your looking for dead silent cooling. A good rule of thumb is 120mm of rad space per component plus one extra 120mm space. 

And remeber width as well. Like my dualc180mm rad is 360 long, but it has the area of 4.5 120mm rads, not 3.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I already bought this kit instead of x360 :( cause now I wanted to watercooled my gpu as well oh man oh man.. 

16 minutes ago, karptintero klan said:

I already bought this kit instead of x360 :( cause now I wanted to watercooled my gpu as well oh man oh man.. 

that is the way it goes sometimes.  I tend to get excited and jump the gun too :D  I'm probably doing it right now lol (with the build I'm planning)

edit: you can always buy another radiator (magicools are cheap and decent) and a couple fittings with the GPU block if your case has room

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

1 hour ago, karptintero klan said:

That not a problem as mentioned you can add in extra rad with some fittings if your wanting to go for absolute dead silence. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I bought the P360 as per recommendations :)

selling my x240 and RL240 so I can buy more upgrades :P 

still waiting for all my pc parts.. so I can start building..

still looking for tower casing any recommendations...

I wouldn't get TOO upset at first.  Overall, custom kits are quite interchangeable.  If you are unhappy with one particular part, such as the pump, you can get a new pump while keeping the rest the same.  If the thermaltake pump breaks or doesn't perform well, just get a new pump.  Or if the cpu block doesn't spread heat well, you can get a new block as well.

On 5/17/2016 at 8:35 AM, xentropa said:

I wouldn't get TOO upset at first.  Overall, custom kits are quite interchangeable.  If you are unhappy with one particular part, such as the pump, you can get a new pump while keeping the rest the same.  If the thermaltake pump breaks or doesn't perform well, just get a new pump.  Or if the cpu block doesn't spread heat well, you can get a new block as well.

i read and heard that alot.. but thats the beauty and fun of custom builds right?.. anyways I'm into bending tube stuff right now I'm hook into it and I wanna put it on my build as well.. any suggestions / recommendations... oh my oh my.. never ending $$$ :(:P

still waiting for all of my parts..