Need help dealing with mobile gaming notebook fanboy !!!

Goldilock
Go to solution Solved by Prikk,

/unfriend. Honestly he's just bring childish if he is actually serious.

My guess is, hes not being serious. Tell him to stop because you are annoyed, and he should stop.

If he doesnt stop, then start ignoring.

My close friend in university keep bragging how good his notebook is ( It is Dell Inspiron i5 with GT 635M) and how glorious gaming notebook. You bet he could look super techie for bringing $750 notebook to campus, talking about PC gaming while most students in my campus only have Pentium laptop.

The thing is, recently he is being a jerk :( (last semester was fine). There is no hour spent without him insulting my decision buying desktop PC like "Desktop is dying breed, get a notebook instead" or " play with us and bring your desktop PC to campus ( with sarcastic laugh)".

I need advice from you guys how to deal with this particular friend (just this one).

I've spent my 1 year saving for $500 desktop PC and there is now way I buy proper notebook just to get away from his insult.

Just tell him GOML PC MASTER RACE BIATCH, jkjk don't say that. You could always ignore him, he probably knows it himself too that his "gaming notebook" is rubbish but feels so bad about it that he tries to convince others that it's amazing.

If he's really like that he probably isn't a "close friend"....

There's a time and place for everything! But not now. - Professor Oak

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

EVGA SR-2 Classified - 2x Xeon X5675 4.2GHz - 24GB DDR3-1830 C10 Triple Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

he shouldn't be your friend if he's that much of a dick at that point...

I agree. 

*snip*

Have you tried pointing him to the fact that he's being offensive for no reason.. maybe He hasn't noticed it himself.

Does anyone even use PCIe SSDs?

get a girlfriend and you have excuse not to hang out with him anymore

/unfriend. Honestly he's just bring childish if he is actually serious.

My guess is, hes not being serious. Tell him to stop because you are annoyed, and he should stop.

If he doesnt stop, then start ignoring.

desktop is dying out? hmm, this is news to me as I thought it was going the exact opposite way.. but hey that's just my opinion this dude sounds like he knows what he talking about.. if he keeps bragging how "good" his notebook is tell the f**ker to play in ultra settings and see how much he enjoys games then :) 

#LESBOBRICKS

eh kick him...

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

that guy is ignorant OR is just jealous of your $500 gaming pc which has better specs and most likely looks better than the laptop he has

basically tell him your feelings and that you don't love him he will realize

just remember this 

a good friend takes the piss out of you to a certain extent that you can both have a laugh

remember remember pascal's triangle

Throw a 780 at him, and show him benchmarks that show that mobile gaming is a solid 5 years behind if not more :)

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

I would just start to ignore him. My friends and I do this all the time as a joke, just slating each other's PC's, but we all take it as a laugh. If he is being serious then I do not understand that logic behind the notebook's are best for gaming and desktop's are bad.

Don't get me wrong, you can get some very powerful notebook's, and their very useful for mobility. But desktops WILL always be better than notebook's in terms of gaming. Upgradability, maintainability, better GPU's, CPU's etc; They look much better too. You could build a beast of a desktop, for example,  for£1000. The equivalent of the notebook wouldn't be anywhere as good.

Just slap him and tell him to come to reality ;)

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

i have a new $1300 laptop and to be honest i could beat it with a $600 to $700 pc there are vey expensive for the price and if you realy want a  gaming laptop anything under $1000 will not help you ( that 635M is a REALY crap card lol my intel on-board would be better ) if you wanted to know my 675MX is about a 660 to 660ti ( and i overclock it) so his 635m would be like a 610 or 620 if he is lucky and i would never even think of using that.. Your on boards would be better :D. and if he ever says that Desktop if dieing and notebooks will take over just tell him that wen notbooks get better pc will be 2 years ahead already becouse they dont need to make the parts small and output no heat.

Needs Update

Tell he's seriously mistaken if he thinks laptops will ever be near as powerful as desktops. I'm all for having a desktop and an ultra book though.

This.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...