PC keeps crashing or freezing during League of Legends only

A few months ago I was forced into installing windows 10 after a major crash on my pc. Which since its completion I had windows 7 ultimate running on it. Now after addressing the major flaw that the os itself required that my machine have more ram at it's disposal(thank god for amazon deals). Now I have a newer issue, lately while playing League of Legends or (since these crashes happen so conveneiently during ranked matches for me) or waiting for my low prioty queue to tick away. My pc will either freeze or just auto shut off without any warning. So far by all that I've looked into it may be the psu has degraded that it has an influx that causes it to do this. However, I can play more demanding games like CS:GO, World of Warcraft, etc and nothing it runs perfectly fine no issues what so ever. Before I have to pay 120 dollars USD, can someone give me any advice or insight as to why this may be happening. Any and all(non-trollie) help is welcome and appreciated.

8 minutes ago, Play3rFTW said:

A few months ago I was forced into installing windows 10 after a major crash on my pc. Which since its completion I had windows 7 ultimate running on it. Now after addressing the major flaw that the os itself required that my machine have more ram at it's disposal(thank god for amazon deals). Now I have a newer issue, lately while playing League of Legends or (since these crashes happen so conveneiently during ranked matches for me) or waiting for my low prioty queue to tick away. My pc will either freeze or just auto shut off without any warning. So far by all that I've looked into it may be the psu has degraded that it has an influx that causes it to do this. However, I can play more demanding games like CS:GO, World of Warcraft, etc and nothing it runs perfectly fine no issues what so ever. Before I have to pay 120 dollars USD, can someone give me any advice or insight as to why this may be happening. Any and all(non-trollie) help is welcome and appreciated.

I think you would have to post your rig specs first before they can help you.

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

my bad

CPU:Amd FX 6300 Black Edition 3.6 GHz(Stock Cooler)

Motherboard:MSI Gaming 970 AM3+

RAM:4 4gb G.Skill Ripjaws x

GPU:Sapphire R9 270 2gb GDDR5

Case:Cougar Archon-x Mid-Atx Case

Storage:500gb HDD(WD)

PSU:Sentey ERP750-PM

Display(s):Asus VN247 24in 1920x1080 monitor

Cooling: 4 Arctic F12 120mm 1 Cougar 120mm

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014+Razer Nostromo

Mouse: Razer Naga 2014

Sound: Razer Kraken 7.1 Headset

Operating System: Windows 10(64-bit)

2 hours ago, Play3rFTW said:

A few months ago I was forced into installing windows 10 after a major crash on my pc. Which since its completion I had windows 7 ultimate running on it.

how exactly did you get "forced" to install win10? Especially after a crash?

@Nord or quote me if you want me to reply back. I don't necessarily check back or subscribe to every topic.

Amdahls law > multicore CPU.

im playing neverwwinter oneday and BOOM! BSOD with physical dump then when i get it up and going again i couldnt do anything the screen was all messed up none of my programs would respond once I reinstalled win7 ult it wouldn't let me install my antivirus suite so i ended up having to install win10

Edited by Play3rFTW

Sooooo, basically your PC crashed & after the reboot your system basically did not work anymore, so you decided to re-install Windows 7, where even after a clean installation you could not even install an antivirus. To which you reacted to proceed to upgrade to win 10 where now your computer randombly crashes?

Nothing about that sounds entirely odd to you when you think about it for a second?

While your system may seems to be working ok, I'd say the core issue is hiding in what I summed up above.

Did you really do a clean re-install of windows? With reformating the system drive?

Also are you sure your system is working? CPU/GPU stresstest passed? RAM test passed? HDD test passed?

@Nord or quote me if you want me to reply back. I don't necessarily check back or subscribe to every topic.

yes i formatted the drive its only with league of legends that this issue happens and it only real recent everything worked fine after win10 install

Edited by Play3rFTW

but the weirder part is it only when i play or try to play league of legends i can spectate all i want no issues

ok unsure if it was this new patch for my amd gpu driver but i was able to get through the low priority queue with zero issues gonna test it out today to see if it wasn't a fluke

Seeing that your problem as you state is literatly only with a single game, when you do a specific thing in it aka going into the Que, I'd suggest you to try Riot support and the LoL forums aswell, that is if your issue did not get fixed with the new driver now anyway.

Personaly I would not know from a technical standpoint how to help you here (as it most likely is a problem with the game itself) nor did I ever hear that anybody would have a problem with LoL that is even remotly simular to yours... and I've been even playing that game myself for somewhat 5 years now.

i did a driver update for my gpu last night its working fine now but i did have a random shut off today while i was just surfing the web looking for more 120mm cases fans as I am currently considering getting a new case(after i upgrade my gpu)

Your computer should generate a dumpfile when it crashes, located in C:\windows\minidump , you could open them with, for example, bluescreen viewer or just upload them so we can have a look at why it crashed this and also the last few times to narrow the possible cause down a bit.

Well figured out the issue and it makes me feel dumb as toast right now..................i hadn't cleaned out the heatsink in months before i noticed idle my cpu was at 67-71c since i cleaned out the dust in the heatsink now im sittin at 36-52c