There should be a Monthly builds.

I think there should be a montly builds for newcomers in the new builds subfourm.

Pauls Hardware already does this...

Edited by josephaltareb
edit because i did not make myself clear lol

1 hour ago, josephaltareb said:

I think there should be a montly build guide in the new builds subfourm.

would it be made by memebrs, or ltt?

edot;/

monthly build guide? or featured monthly build guide?

linus has already made tons of build guides on the youtube channel

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

linus has already made tons of build guides on the youtube channel

Some of them are gonna get outdated..

2 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

would it be made by memebrs, or ltt?

us members lol.

2 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

monthly build guide? or featured monthly build guide?

Could be both, just a pin in the top.

1 minute ago, GreezyJeezy said:

then go to paul's hardware to see it xD

There should be... thats what i said,

If i mentioned it I wouldve already have seen it.

1 hour ago, josephaltareb said:

us members lol.

Could be both, just a pin in the top.

eh

probably featured would be better

1 minute ago, josephaltareb said:

well thats why there is a "new builds and planning" section where you make a post and people tell you what you buy

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

40 minutes ago, josephaltareb said:

I think there should be a montly builds for newcomers in the new builds subfourm.

monthly builds will just be a showcase of which manufacturer will sponsor the most shows.

I bet you, there wont be a single Athlon 845 or 860k build over a Intel G3258 build, despite most people on these forums, except G3258 owners, agreeing that a Athlon 845 or 860k is a more all-around solid CPU.

Same for GPUs and Motherboards.

It will be GTX 960s, 970s and ASUS or MSI motherboards, despite other manufacturers offering better GPUs or more value for money motherboards.

PSUs will be shitty CX crap and or "i had this AX 1200i lieing around so we grabbed it lol, totally overkill lol"...

Reviewers should stay away from monthly builds, because they aint got time to do critical thinking about which setups are WORTHWHILE buying for a normal mortal human being.

If you look at the methods of testing that @LinusTech, JayzTwoCents, Paul, Barnacules, Austin Evans and a few others uses, you realize that they at no point bother to talk about end user experience. Mostly because THEY RUN SCRIPTED TEST SEQUENCES AND OR SIMPLY START A BENCHMARK AND COME BACK 5-10 MINUTES LATER. THEY DOESNT ACTUALLY SIT AND WATCH THE BENCHES. This is why they usually never talk about stuttering issues, unstabled FPS drops or such. Which is a really important thing to notify people who want to build CHEAP setups.

35 minutes ago, Enderman said:

well thats why there is a "new builds and planning" section where you make a post and people tell you what you buy

or tell you what they want to buy, regardless of what is best for the users needs and budget (referring to idiots who go with a 4460 + 750Ti or R7 370 when the obvious answer is a i3 6100 + R9 380)

also, the thing is, there is so many fucking ways to define "the best monthly system". And not a single system is THE best answer.

Lets say we go with around 600 USD.

The best all around setup or most feature rich would be this:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/B3KtmG

The best Gaming performance would be this:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bJv9qs

The best rendering performance would be this:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Jys3zy

The best value would be a mix of these three.

You want monthly "What to get right now for X mount of Canadian Rupees that can get Y fps in Z game and is U form factor"? Or do you want monthly "This is how you install mobo to case, CPU to mobo, cooler for CPU etc."? First option is just ignoring 80% of audience. Because few things. Price point isn't dame all around world. Prices don't really change that much in 1 month. And it would just get boring as they are just reading part lists most of the time and showing b-roll from built rig (LTTs content in nutshell).

Second would be quickly as boring as you don't need monthly guide on how to build PC. After all its pretty straight forward. Some special situations like ITX or mATX builds are interesting. Plus modded cases. But rest of the stuff gets boring fast.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv