Going to sell my Desktop PC, need advice

DavePwns

I bought a pc in 2014 that is just flat out not up to my standards anymore (amd cpu  fx- 4130 and gtx 960). I want to sell it on craigslist or ebay but I've never sold a PC so I don't know what steps I need to do before I sell? 

Specifically, what is the best way to wipe the the HDD so that it is 100% clear for the new user? 

If it matters I'm using windows 10 that was upgraded form windows 8.1

Use dban to wipe the HDD. As for the OS, I'm not clear on the rules of selling windows, however, if you will be using the same key on your new machine as well, I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to do that.

Edit: Link to dban: http://www.dban.org/

i5 6600K @ 4.4GHz / Cooler Master Nepton 240M (GC Extreme Thermal Compound) / Asus Maximus VIII Gene / 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2400 / 240GB SanDisk SSD Plus & 2TB SeaGate Barracuda HDD / EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 / XFX XTR 750W 80+ Gold  / Fractal Design Node 804                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Total: £1042.31

4 minutes ago, DavePwns said:

I bought a pc in 2014 that is just flat out not up to my standards anymore (amd cpu  fx- 4130 and gtx 960). I want to sell it on craigslist or ebay but I've never sold a PC so I don't know what steps I need to do before I sell? 

Specifically, what is the best way to wipe the the HDD so that it is 100% clear for the new user? 

If it matters I'm using windows 10 that was upgraded form windows 8.1

Jerry's Nuke or something like that. I cannot remember the name exactly but I remember reading it wiped HDD's completely. Do not do it to an SSD though, will ruin it. 

Edit: Deriks Boot and Nuke is the name of the software, haha sorry.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Selling OS as part of system is fine. But key indeed can't be used on another machine. And buyer could call it fraud if you sell OS as part of system but continue to use it yourself.

17 minutes ago, BluPaperclip said:

As for the OS, I'm not clear on the rules of selling windows,

Edited by LoGiCalDrm
Moved quoted part.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv