I'm planning to overclock and I've heard many commends on cooler master hyper 212x. But it doesnt fit my rig "aesthetically" and I think liquid cooling will look better in my rig. Just thinking if the ID Cooling Frostflow 240l is better in performance than the hyper 212x when overclocking? I dont really mind if it isnt worth the raise in price. As long as it is better than the Hyper 212, I will overlook the price just cos it looks better in my rig. Hahaha. Thanks! 

1 minute ago, Wdax09 said:

I'm planning to overclock and I've heard many commends on cooler master hyper 212x. But it doesnt fit my rig "aesthetically" and I think liquid cooling will look better in my rig. Just thinking if the ID Cooling Frostflow 240l is better in performance than the hyper 212x when overclocking? I dont really mind if it isnt worth the raise in price. As long as it is better than the Hyper 212, I will overlook the price just cos it looks better in my rig. Hahaha. Thanks! 

Welcome to the Forum!

A 240mm radiator will likely do better than the 212, yes. I'd go for it if you can justify it.

However, I might suggest going for a slightly more reputable brand for your liquid cooler. I at least hadn't heard of that product before.

Sig under construction.

3 minutes ago, Tedster said:

Welcome to the Forum!

A 240mm radiator will likely do better than the 212, yes. I'd go for it if you can justify it.

However, I might suggest going for a slightly more reputable brand for your liquid cooler. I at least hadn't heard of that product before.

Thank you!

Well i think it's a new product cos I havent seen much reviews about it, but those reviews say it is good. And in my country, it costs almost 50% cheaper than the Corsair h100. And looks way more bad ass too. Haha. 

what are you trying to cool?

the AIO should perform better (though i've never heard of it)

the hyper 212x is just a hyper212 evo with better fans and minor tweak in the heatsink, in which the hyper 212 evo is a great value cooler

but definitely not for overclocking

i recommend a beefier cooler than the hyper 212X when overclocking, unless its a pentium or something

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

5 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

what are you trying to cool?

the AIO should perform better (though i've never heard of it)

the hyper 212x is just a hyper212 evo with better fans and minor tweak in the heatsink, in which the hyper 212 evo is a great value cooler

but definitely not for overclocking

i recommend a beefier cooler than the hyper 212X when overclocking, unless its a pentium or something

Just cooling a Pentium G4400(skylake). This is my first pc build and first time overclocking. Just gonna give it a try then upgrade to a better cpu in the near future. So hyper 212 wont do good if I upgrade my cpu to an i5 or i7 then? 

Just now, Wdax09 said:

Just cooling a Pentium G4400(skylake). This is my first pc build and first time overclocking. Just gonna give it a try then upgrade to a better cpu in the near future. So hyper 212 wont do good if I upgrade my cpu to an i5 or i7 then? 

the hyper 212 will do fine for overclocking the pentium

and can cool an i5 and i7 well with stock clocks

however, it cannot cool the i5 or i7 if you overclock them,

maybe you can push them slightly, depending on how comfortable you are with temps

but definitely not high OC with high voltages

if you wanna get an AIO, i recommend you get a better one

because a broken AIO can lead to a very, very bad day

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

the hyper 212 will do fine for overclocking the pentium

and can cool an i5 and i7 well with stock clocks

however, it cannot cool the i5 or i7 if you overclock them,

maybe you can push them slightly, depending on how comfortable you are with temps

but definitely not high OC with high voltages

if you wanna get an AIO, i recommend you get a better one

because a broken AIO can lead to a very, very bad day

Well I guess im just gonna wait it out until alot of people has tried the AIO i want. Hahaha  thanks!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm using that frostflow 240L, my cpu temperature never over 45c while I'm doing stress test using furmark.