Game Of Thrones Season Premier Massively Pirated Shortly After Release

ravneillal

Generally speaking im 100% against pirating but yes i did and will continue to do it in this case because i hate how Australians are treated. If you're going to do everything you can to block me from accessing it at the same price as someone in the US then i'll just download it. 

8 minutes ago, Newenthusiast said:

Generally speaking im 100% against pirating but yes i did and will continue to do it in this case because i hate how Australians are treated. If you're going to do everything you can to block me from accessing it at the same price as someone in the US then i'll just download it. 

*same price including exchange rate

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Slightly off topic but its just an example of how we're often treated, look at steam right now and Fallout 4 is $79.95 US dollars which converts to $104.46 AU, I'm guessing its still $60 for US? Even business that are selling digital goods here with no shop front or tax liabilities in the country feel like they should gouge the Aussies just because they can. 

It was a great episode. I think the leaked images that came out a few days before made all those people torrent it.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

18 minutes ago, Newenthusiast said:

Slightly off topic but its just an example of how we're often treated, look at steam right now and Fallout 4 is $79.95 US dollars which converts to $104.46 AU, I'm guessing its still $60 for US? Even business that are selling digital goods here with no shop front or tax liabilities in the country feel like they should gouge the Aussies just because they can. 

$120AUD at EB games. $120 AUD.

PMSL

14 minutes ago, Jud4s said:

It really is. Where I live, GOT is running on Free TV even before you can get your hands on a BluRay. That's why i have to wait for a whole year to watch it and avoid TV like hell just because i want to have it 1080p and original voice.

*sniffs* Haven't been able to find a BD drive cheap, or BD Game of Thrones for less than $100 AUD per season.

PMSL

Well shit! I actually still need to watch season 5 :$

5 hours ago, Jud4s said:

It really is. Where I live, GOT is running on Free TV even before you can get your hands on a BluRay. That's why i have to wait for a whole year to watch it and avoid TV like hell just because i want to have it 1080p and original voice.

I moved out of my country about 11 years ago to an English speaking country. When I go back home to visit relatives and see on TV some movie which is translated to local language (plus the translation is overlapped to English, original) I feel so sorry for the rest of the nation... What a garbage to watch a movie, or TV this way... There is nothing that can beat original audio and voices of the decent show or a movie.

11 hours ago, Albatross said:

It was a great episode. I think the leaked images that came out a few days before made all those people torrent it.

Wooooow. 

It's going to be great series. 

I am going to pirate it. 

/obscure Internet references 

- snip-

I don't have cable. I wouldn't get it for a single show, even one as awesome as GoT. And I'm in fucking Canada so yeah, of course piracy is through the roof. Not too many options to watch it.

However, for shows/movies as awesome as these, I like to give a little back so I usually get the Blu-Ray releases. I should catch up to GoT... I haven't seen Season 5 yet.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

this is the problem with pirate statics, it tells such a small story.

i have some 75gigs worth of tv on my HDD half of it wont get watched the other half is available for me legaly on sky but is a pain to get to or locked to 1 TV.  so have i pirated that stuff

i DLed GoT because i forgot to press record on my sky box.......then found a later showing on sky and watched the following day on sky anyway

On 26/04/2016 at 8:52 AM, Windspeed36 said:

This is just further evidence of the issue with availability and distribution. Case and point is the notable decrease in music piracy with the growth of streaming services like Spotify, Google Music and Apple Music. If More streaming websites had more content available, there would be less piracy. Netflix & Hulu outside of the US is quite often a joke as it has a more limited amount of content.

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/digital-life-news/online-music-piracy-in-australia-declining-study-20140909-10eo5b.html

OMG this like a 1000 times i have al but stopped downloading films and moves because of the likes of netflix, sky, and apple music. games are the only thing left and thats a try before you buy thing.......

Edited by jaggysnake57
spelling,.....because this is an english exam according to some people

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

On 4/26/2016 at 9:05 PM, KuJoe said:

The number of DMCA takedown requests I get every Monday morning because of this show is insane. People who think they aren't being tracked over BitTorrent are greatly mistaken unless they use a VPN (and even then, choose wisely). These automated takedown requests include the time stamps and everything so they're logging is pretty intense.

I dont use vpns while i torrent, our isps dont track us. The ips are changed after every that has been made and we are not tracked plus i havnt got and letters so far.

Not surprising at all, as the internet is getting more content that is needed to be paid for, of course people will try their best to pirate because you can't get caught, especially with an VPN.

"Simple Yet Complex"